Sign in to follow this  
bojo2736

/showseed

When I find a map I like, I can use the console command /showseed which I can use only in sandbox to generate a similar map.   Is there a way to use it in exploration or explore editor to generate the island?  If not, what is the purpose of it?

@TomasGestinger

Edited by bojo2736

If Ylands works similarly to other random world gen games, being able to use a seed would allow one to basically restart a specific world, instead of another random one.

Bojo, I think one work-around, though it's probably more of a pain to do than anything is back up a world after its initial generation, and if you happen to like it, you have a fresh copy you can insert. Otherwise, you can delete the backup.

So, example.  I was on a world generated by someone else. I liked it, so I checked the seed. It was a sandbox world, so regeneration wasn't a problem.  It wasn't my file but I can make it in sandbox now.  I would love this option in exploration. 

I talked about this with Aleš, we're definitely going to look into it more and it shouldn't be a problem to add seeding options to exploration. Seeds are a native function so the only real issue with implementing their usage in more places is time and that's why it's only available in Sandbox now. There should be more time to work on improvements like this now so thanks for the feedback, it's very useful for me to know about these "smaller" issues that could improve the game in a major way. Keep them coming!

• Thanks 1