Igor Q.

RESOLVED [YLD-21256] File Export Workshop Lighting

Question

For some reason the lighting within the game of my local file is completely different from the lighting within the uploaded version of the game on the workshop.

It's particularly noticeable with light source entities such as lanterns and crystals. @Adam Snellgrove

Local File:

image.thumb.png.b076224204bd626c15001b2ea5d2ce5a.png

Workshop File:

image.thumb.png.0d5cf85c33048cc86bf2730e7439a407.png

3 replies to this bug / suggestion

I figured it out. When the game tries to optimize the file on export it will optimize the light objects too (and remove their lighting)

You have to assign the objects into a group and force them to not be optimized. @Adam Snellgrove

Not sure if that's a good design choice though...

20 minutes ago, Igor Q. said:

I figured it out. When the game tries to optimize the file on export it will optimize the light objects too (and remove their lighting)

You have to assign the objects into a group and force them to not be optimized. @Adam Snellgrove

Not sure if that's a good design choice though...

One of our guys also found out, that the lantern welds together, when you export it, so that might be the optimizing, that's the making the lighting screwy. Happy you figured it out and we'll look into the reason it optimizes the light when exported and what could be done with it.