bojo2736

What is up with Nitrado?

I realize we hit full release and the holidays all at the same time.   But I am trying to plan here.  Is Nitrado going to be a viable alternative?  Can someone tell us what the hold up is?  I could run the game on Nitrado until Beta dropped. 

Now I can't.   I paid for a month with the promise that it was coming "soon."   What is really happening?   I can use BI.  The problem being 1) it is more expensive 2) I have less control 3) I can't share admin access 4) I don't like being forced into a single option. 

I am trying to build a community here guys.  Difficult when access becomes limited.  Please kick Nitrado in the nuggets or find a company who will work with you. 

17 hours ago, bojo2736 said:

I realize we hit full release and the holidays all at the same time.   But I am trying to plan here.  Is Nitrado going to be a viable alternative?  Can someone tell us what the hold up is?  I could run the game on Nitrado until Beta dropped. 

Now I can't.   I paid for a month with the promise that it was coming "soon."   What is really happening?   I can use BI.  The problem being 1) it is more expensive 2) I have less control 3) I can't share admin access 4) I don't like being forced into a single option. 

I am trying to build a community here guys.  Difficult when access becomes limited.  Please kick Nitrado in the nuggets or find a company who will work with you. 

Would be more helpful if dedicated servers were a thing than forcing u to single provider or single alternative.

I believe Nitrado is waiting on BI for the API -- basically the interface for verified 3rd party servers (simplified explanation). That's my understanding. 

• Thanks 1

Having no response here, I am probably going to let my BI rented server lapse when it runs out on Jan. 19.  As a server provider I'm stepping down until this is fully addressed.

It seems to me the change of how we can host games should have been firmly in place before dedicated servers were no longer supported.  I feel like I have wasted time and money here, with no answers.  

One less place for players to go. Way to expand the player base guys.

2 hours ago, bojo2736 said:

Having no response here, I am probably going to let my BI rented server lapse when it runs out on Jan. 19.  As a server provider I'm stepping down until this is fully addressed.

It seems to me the change of how we can host games should have been firmly in place before dedicated servers were no longer supported.  I feel like I have wasted time and money here, with no answers.  

One less place for players to go. Way to expand the player base guys.

We are working with Nitrado to make it happen as soon as possible, but problems arose on all sides. Hopefully should be resolved soon though.

So... 4 months now. Is Nitrado going to be an option? Time for some real talk on this. 

So we have implemented our side and Nitrado is working on their side. We are expecting to have Nitrado servers available in 1.3 ? (though it's up to Nitrado right now, but the feedback we're getting from them sounds very promising ?).

• Like 2

@bojo2736some answers now :) maybe me, you and my sensei can get back to work? But we still need to wait for 1.3 ??