newfang1

Making Blueprints

Hey guys, I'm about to start a large project that I'm planning to Blueprint. Has this been changed since this posting? (See Below)  I intended on making the vehicle in the Editor mode, but wanted to make sure I could before I got started. 

How do I share a Blueprint with a friend?
     - Can we make Blueprints in Editor Mode?

On 6/11/2018 at 3:35 AM, Ane said:

This is not planned at this moment. There are several reasons, but the most important is that in the Creative mode players have access even to objects that can't be crafted in the game. If you capture a house that would contain such objects, you wouldn't be able to build it elsewhere. From that point of view the only "safe" mode is Explore, where we know everything that players are capturing has been crafted. That being said, Blueprints will definitely be improved in the future, so any feedback is welcome!

Edited by newfang1

3 hours ago, newfang1 said:

Hey guys, I'm about to start a large project that I'm planning to Blueprint. Has this been changed since this posting? (See Below)  I intended on making the vehicle in the Editor mode, but wanted to make sure I could before I got started. 

How do I share a Blueprint with a friend?
     - Can we make Blueprints in Editor Mode?

On 6/11/2018 at 3:35 AM, Ane said:

This is not planned at this moment. There are several reasons, but the most important is that in the Creative mode players have access even to objects that can't be crafted in the game. If you capture a house that would contain such objects, you wouldn't be able to build it elsewhere. From that point of view the only "safe" mode is Explore, where we know everything that players are capturing has been crafted. That being said, Blueprints will definitely be improved in the future, so any feedback is welcome!

Yes, blueprints have been a thing for many months. 

Nowadays you can also make blueprints of buildings, cars and ships. 

Note: only items that are considered "building blocks" can be blueprinted. By building blocks I mean, for example: wooden blocks, stone blocks, marble blocks, etc etc. Items like furniture, plants, lanterns, benches, tables, etc etc will NOT be taken by the blueprint. 

So, you can make whatever you want in editor and then turn them into blueprints. At the moment I'm at work, but send me a message if you want me to teach you how to make a blueprint. 

• Thanks 1

I need some help with getting a ship blueprinted. I can't seem to get the game to allow me to save a blueprint. "it says that "i cannot capture certain blocks and vehicles together in one blueprint". I was able to save as a comp, add into a new or preexisting game, but it just wont allow me to make the print. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

image.thumb.png.575f8b80e34689dc98c2c379e5e20acc.png
image.thumb.png.647fc75a34acb052be9cd12b1206d1cc.png
image.thumb.png.f6ec2626f5879d819fdf5f7c22899c35.png
image.thumb.png.b94aa81c65d085265f63851f3b59e3d4.png

• Like 1

i had the same  experience ...  had  20 attempts  before i succeeded.  Make sure the  build is  "welded"  and  certain  things  cannot be  blueprinted...   like  furniture and  barrels and  stuff

basically  its anything that cannot be  crafted that will not  blueprint.

you have to  sometimes  move the ship ..   or   take your  blueprint  from  different  angles...  eventually  one will  work!

But  whats the magic  formula?     simply  trial and error  until it works .. and  don't ask me what it  is  :) ....... i persisted from  various  angles etc  until i was at  near wits end   then  suddenly     "poof" it  worked.

Good Luck!

• Thanks 1

I have not done this yet. But from whst @MyPa553ng3r said you have to have the construction open to blueprint?

Also, rule of thumb with blueprints, you can't blueprint everything available in editor. If you can't make it ingame, you can't blueprint it. You may have a block in there that doesn't meet the rule.

And sometimes... Ylands. 

With ships it's especially important to make sure to clear the area of seaweed and coral. 

Generally, if you can comp it into a map, it is much better, IMO.

From my experience, you have to be holding your tongue a certain way and do a little dance......    
I have had to disassemble, assemble, disassemble, make sure everything is unpickable, assemble again, drive it out of the barrier and back in.  Honestly, i can't tell you what the secret is.  Just sometimes it will let you, sometimes it doesn't.  It's a whole thing.  it would be soooo much simpler to be able to make them from in editor, LIKE WE USED TO BE ABLE TO DO......  and don't tell me there wasn't a blueprint button there, i've been here long enough to remember the "golden days".   Good luck, is all I can advise.

Edited by MyPa553ng3r