Adam Snellgrove

Dev Diary #110

Hey there Ylanders! We’re back!

The festive season is over, but it’s about to get very festive in Ylands. We have a lot of plans and cool new features a-cooking, but we are also doubling down and fixing anything that pops up, so keep those reports coming in, they are helping us a lot.

But to start the year less seriously, we came up with an Ylands resolutions list. The Major General is trying to better himself and drawn this list up to see, if he can manage all these tasks in three months and we extend this challenge to you too. And it is not without a prize!

Marketing_List04_Portrait.jpg

For those that finish the tasks and provide us with some documentation for it (though of course, it will also depend on everyone’s sense of fair-play, like not submitting stuff from last year) be it screenshots, videos or even better some scenarios and games, we will prepare a unique pet, that we are right now working on, and believe you me, it’s a cool one ? No one else will ever be able to get this pet ever again and thus you’ll be the proud owner of the 2020 challenge pet forevermore ?

The deadline is the 9th of April 2020 and on the 16th we’ll be sending out your special companions ?

You can start your accomplishment thread in the Ylands 2020 challenge part of the forum: https://ylands.com/community/forum/81-ylands-2020-challenge/

You can also ask questions in the Ylands 2020 Challenge and Questions thread I created there.

And as for 2020, we will be sharing some exciting news and plans with you soon, so keep tuned here on the forums and on our Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Reddit. We are really excited for 2020 especially because of our great community. So good luck and let 2020 be as good or even better than 2019 and most importantly, 

stay classy Ylanders! ?

• Like 6

Dang...Im still hoping for that demon costume .

I'm surprised there isn't a challenge to make  a bridge between 2 islands ?

Edited by Igor Q.
  • Haha 1

Wait, Adam. I just realized.... Content creators like myself will have to sacrifice our production hours into getting the pet. What do we do? ?

• Like 1

o.O I'm working on "creat your favorite book location" but it will take 1year to finish the project.(the first attempts date from 1month :/) I'm not complaining but I will not have the pet for sure?, good luck all .?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Igor Q. said:

Wait, Adam. I just realized.... Content creators like myself will have to sacrifice our production hours into getting the pet. What do we do? ?

The agony of choice ?

No but seriously the tasks are not to be taken super seriously and you can slap whatever you like together. Important is to have fun in the process ? And I'm sure someone of your calibre will have most of these done in a weekend ?

• Like 1

@Igor Q. "make a fun encounter with an NPC"

Man, your Ice Lord doesn't count, it's from last year ?

If it’s not too cheeky, can our adventurers house also qualify as something from our favourite film/comic/book? Thus proverbially killing two birds with one overly-creative boulder?

3 hours ago, Deadeye_Rob said:

If it’s not too cheeky, can our adventurers house also qualify as something from our favourite film/comic/book? Thus proverbially killing two birds with one overly-creative boulder?

Definitely ?

1 hour ago, bojo2736 said:

@Adam Snellgrove can you add a subforum where we can start a topic of our own to post our progress and proof?

Great idea! I'll create it ? Thanks for the tip ?

On 1/11/2020 at 11:52 PM, Indian Chief said:

Untitled.png.5943a3ca93fa83a0e1196e9cdf15fa3f.png

Just wondering when you're going to make a realistic screen shot for the game? Or are we getting pet's that big!
Also thanks @Adam Snellgrove for not getting back to me... soo good! :D

Sorry Indian Chief, definitely not on purpose. What didn't I get back to you about? Got a bit swamped last few weeks, so might have missed it ? And this screenshot will stay with us for a while ? It is a bit big, true ?

14 hours ago, Adam Snellgrove said:

Sorry Indian Chief, definitely not on purpose. What didn't I get back to you about? Got a bit swamped last few weeks, so might have missed it ? And this screenshot will stay with us for a while ? It is a bit big, true ?

Are we gonna get big pets? ???

I’m finding it near impossible to complete the last challenge on the checklist.

I don’t believe I have ever seen a soul on Playlands. I do make a point of checking frequently during my time on Ylands but sadly I can’t see myself completing this list any time soon as a result.

11 hours ago, jchob said:

Are we gonna get big pets? ???

Not in the near future ? Though horses are kinda big pets ??

10 hours ago, Deadeye_Rob said:

I’m finding it near impossible to complete the last challenge on the checklist.

I don’t believe I have ever seen a soul on Playlands. I do make a point of checking frequently during my time on Ylands but sadly I can’t see myself completing this list any time soon as a result.

Also check out our Discord for potential players.