Sign in to follow this  
jchob

Dart shooters bug?

Hey there.

I'm trying some turrets aiming players. So, I have a "group" with dart shooters that uses the AIM TO tile.

Well, if the dart shooter is static (Animated NOT checked), it fires at right place. When I set the group with the dart shooter to ANIMATED it fires at wrong place.

Is there something else I need to do to have it firing from it's own position, or is this a bug?

Here follows a video that shows better.

@Adam Snellgrove@Igor Q. @Indomitus

By the way, the idea is having my "custom laser bullet" instead of the dart shooter, which I guess I won't have problems because I will set the position & rotation FROM where it should be fired.

Edited by jchob

Yes.

Groups have their rotation and position set to null while moving (I'm not sure if it's an intentional bug).

For this reason, if you need to get the position or rotation of objects while they are moving, its better to use animated welds or entities and not groups.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Igor Q. said:

Yes.

Groups have their rotation and position set to null while moving (I'm not sure if it's an intentional bug).

For this reason, if you need to get the position or rotation of objects while they are moving, its better to use animated welds or entities and not groups.

oh thanks, you are the man. Someone has to ask these stupid questions, right? ??
I'm seeing it now. It doesn't take the position from an object that is part of a group.
Well, I just placed a "hidden" coin :D

Edited by jchob