kimbuck

Ylands currently unplayable on all bi servers!

Question

Ihis  report is  based on  comments in  discord from  many players  on different  P1  servers....   we are ALL   encountering  identical issues.

Its  no our   ISP,  nor our  computers, or  graphics   cards  or  us ... its  happening on ALL the P1   servers rented  from BI

Whats  Happening?

1) Rubberbandig   

2) chopped  trees disappearing..and also the   logs  disappearing..  require a rejointo se

3) Work station   disappearing  when loaded     rejoin required to see it    either after it is  crafted or   loaded for crafting

4)  Items  in a  workstaion  showing as completed  but not  visible  ...yes ..rejoin needed top see them

5) items    taken from   workstation   now  invisible in inventory!     *(groan) another  rejoin

6) unable to craft a workstation ans the  items  are not there... yes they are, in inventory  but invisible!  ( rejoin again required)

7)  caught  fish  or     animal  hides  /meat  invisible ... yes a rejoin needed!

8  )glowing animals ...horses   rabbits  goats   bears...

9 )  dead  blueprints ...machines  there ...  says its  loaded  and  placed  but   nope!  no one can see it   ( rejoin doesnt  fix it)

10)  unexplained   screen freeze  then " ylands not  working" .. this is intermittent but i got it  6  times in 15  minutes

This is  happening on multiple  servers ...    and   the   number of players  is  dwindling through  frustration

Do you want people  to play this  game ?

of   course i expect  he usual " send in logs"  reply ,, but  really ,  when about   10+  people are sending them in  many  times ...    and  no response...  do you  thin they will bother in the future ..or  even  bother  with the game?

This   game  HAD promise   its   sliding  downhill at the moment .. and a lot of ex players are telling me   that too much time was wasted on the mini games and   such  and  NOT in getting the core of the game  stable and  working,

Guys, I am trying to help!  I am  pointing out the  emperor has no clothes .

13 replies to this bug / suggestion

I agree the the servers are unstable...but you should really send the log files :/

Most players are too lazy  to send them so it's hard for them to find the problem and fix it...

My BI server is very playable. But it doesn't have nearly the traffic.  Gaming the search has it's drawbacks.

@kimbuck I don't ignore a single log sending on these forums, everything gets processed and it all helps. Listing the problems doesn't help at all, because it can be because of ANYTHING. We really do need output_logs to even have a chance at fixing it. It would really help a lot when these problems happen, if you could get the logs and send them in with the description of the problem (like you did here). We can then look through it and fix it. 

24 minutes ago, kimbuck said:

i dont have access to server logs   :(

Often output_logs help as much if not even more. The invisible stuff or freezing of game etc. Logs from servers we collect ourselves when told, which server it was and when it (the problem) happened.

Well i cannot get the logs   now  as once AGAIN  the  server  has  gone  bottoms  up and  i get dumped into a glitched  public  server.

One day is all it  took...   and one days  work  gone.

Need i say more as to  why  my friends are leaving the game?

Last post  here  from me.?

18 hours ago, kimbuck said:

Well i cannot get the logs   now  as once AGAIN  the  server  has  gone  bottoms  up and  i get dumped into a glitched  public  server.

One day is all it  took...   and one days  work  gone.

Need i say more as to  why  my friends are leaving the game?

Last post  here  from me.?

And why couldn't you get the logs? This would be an ideal time to get logs. This is how: https://ylands.com/community/topic/34-what-to-do-in-case-of-technical-issues/

The P1 gaming servers are  extremely popular...why?

Is it the  anti griefer attitude?

is it because players like  Mp explore?

is it because of the social  groups?

As a result  its  always  nearly  full,   with an average 6  to 8  online at one time.

But  not  today:

with  regular unannounced server shut  downs,  crashes and then the server going belly  up  4  times in 3  days,  forcing payers to have to restart from scratch each time after they spent  so much efforts on  elaborate  builds, it seems the majority  have   given up on Ylands  MP games. It has become too  frustrating.

A new  game /map  has started  and  people are staying away in droves..obviously  expecting more of the same.

Surprise surprise.....  2  days have passed and the  games stable ... just the usual unexplained  screen freezes and resultant  crashes  and the usual unannounced  BI server shutdowns   .but they have  become part of the game

Whats  different?

Only  2   or a max of  3 players have been on the server at any one time

Could it be that  the  Bi servers  just cannot handle hosting their own game?

looks like it.

but if  the servers cannot  cope with   more than 2  to 3 players online,  that seems to defeat the  concept of   multiplayer.

so  until either  BI  fix their servers ..or allow  other dedicated pvte servers host   Ylands,  expect MP games to die.

BI would be better off  charging  more to sell the game to make  money and allow other  Hosting  companies  run the game,  rather than forcing people   to rent their pricey servers that are not obviously  capable of running their own game.

Maybe then the reviews on steam would get better. .. and people  would want to buy the  game.

Over and  Out.

1 hour ago, kimbuck said:

The P1 gaming servers are  extremely popular...why?

It's because they game the search with their non english characters and 8 billion servers.  No one can see anything else. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

So, I have to say.  When you say it's unplayable on all BI servers, that just isn't true.   I have been running a BI server for at least 6 months.  I have never had the performance issues that P1 is having.   I originally rented the server as a backup for when the Nitrado servers weren't working.  Which was often.

I really don't understand the reported rollbacks, I have never ever experienced that.

My issues with BI servers has never been performance issues.  The performance on the BI servers is pretty amazing and always has been.  We don't get lag spikes, or crashes.  Once in a while you get the back end error.  I find that is fixed if I restart my wifi connection.

My issue is the lack of admin options. 

• Thanks 1

Our issues are over multiple accounts and even on stock explore which leads me to believe its because we get lots of traffic. 

This week favory's locally hosted game did 6 roll backs in 1 hour during a party. 

I think the dynamics of 8-player games are just a lot different. 

Edited by RedEagle_P1.

On 1/18/2020 at 5:58 PM, RedEagle_P1. said:

Our issues are over multiple accounts and even on stock explore which leads me to believe its because we get lots of traffic. 

This week favory's locally hosted game did 6 roll backs in 1 hour during a party. 

I think the dynamics of 8-player games are just a lot different. 

It has to be something with six players then, because @bojo2736 is playing with 4 regularly it seems and (at least the way she says it), they have no problems ? Whenever these rollbacks happen (or at least a few times), please try and get the output_logs, because this really is a very unique problem that we have no other info coming in from anywhere else.

If Favory's game did rollbacks during self hosting, then the servers aren't the culprit. I'm not even sure how you would intentionally do a rollback either in BI or self hosting?  Nitrado is a different story. They are about five minutes behind live game play. A fact that has saved my bacon more than once.