Thom_Yorke

I can not load the game into Ylands Workshop

Question

1. I can not load the game into Ylands Workshop. I load my finished game from the editor for research mode into the workshop, but when loading it gives an error "Next stepAsset with same guid already exists."
As you can see from the screenshot, the name of my game automatically renames, although I did not change anything ... When a game is uploaded to a site, the original name is renamed to “resource” (Please respond quickly, otherwise I rented a server, but in the end I can’t play because of this error.)
2. Error in Workshop.
 3.image.thumb.png.945fc8dc44386e7635669dbe6520dae2.png

Edited by Thom_Yorke

3 replies to this bug / suggestion

So the trouble is, you are trying to upload something on the workshop, that already is there (by name and probably your last version). So you have to either delete the older version (preferable) or save this one as 'Save As' and change the name and after that export. This will generate a new GUID so you can then have both on the workshop.

• Like 1

Use this for reference

• A new public console command "/changegameid <ID>" with asset id (number of asset in workshop) can be used. (Example: Tutorial has asset id 585: https://workshop.ylands.com/asset/585 )
  • You can change asset id only in editor and only for scenarios.
  • You can change asset id only of your local games (not the one downloaded from the workshop)
  • You can change asset id to the target one only if you are the one who uploaded target asset id. (so noone can change asset id to be same as our games)
  • You should get proper message if you use non existing asset id.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Ylands_Change_Game_ID

• Thanks 2