Adam Snellgrove

Dev Diary #113

Major General's Log - Sun Date 30.01.20. 

My Dearest Readers, 

I am currently landlocked while repairs on my fair vessel - the HMS Patcheth Noteth - are well underway, in the ports of Steamtown. So, I'll take this momentary respite to tell you about the brand-new wonders I have seen, while traveling from yland to yland. 

I have seen lands that you would not believe - beautiful oriental flora covering entire ylands from head to toe. It was breathtaking! I managed to harvest some of the indigenous trees and took them home with me, I'm planning on using these beautiful exotic trees to decorate my quarters. My stay in this beautiful new biome was unfortunately cut short by the mysterious appearance of a gigantic creature with humongous feet*! It must have been a Big Foot my Dear Reader... 

AsianBiome_v4.png

On a particularly verdant yland, I have met folks who have been engaged in an advanced and improved form of farming - their crops grew in such an orderly fashion, that even Her Majesty's Gardener Primerus would have been amazed! Not a single crop was out of alignment - everything was neat and regular, fields after fields of beautiful farmlands. 

Their cooks taught our crew fascinating new recipes - dishes formed of many different ingredients, that when eaten, boost the fighting abilities of our crew**. 

cooking03.png

On another yland, local kids introduced me to numerous new mini-games. In one, they pretend to be saving sheep from alien abductions - I never seen anything like that. Yet another have them cleaning up their forests - useful AND fun! We are definitely bringing some of these back to Playlands. 

1_1_Minigame_02_Logo.png

On the final yland we have seen - the tribal chieftain was wearing a weird metallic costume I have never seen in my life before - they called it "the mighty robotic copper of the elders". Has to be a pain going to the toilet though... 

This tech-savy ingenious tribe also told us secrets about what they are calling The Editor. We didn't fully grasp the meaning of it all, but what we know is that the tribe is constantly working on improvements to this Editor - and recently they made several breakthroughs such as a brand-new scene and template wizard. They are saying, this new wizard will make it significantly easier to get started with the Editor and will "streamline the creation process of games". 

bigfood02.png

As you can tell my Dearest Readers, there is always something new on the horizon - so I invite you to hop aboard your own vessel (Steam, Windows Store, iOS, Android) - free of charge - and discover what these Ylands have in store for you! 

So until next time stay classy!

Yours truly, 

The Major General 

*: And funnily enough this time it wasn't my mother-in-law coming in for her bi-monthly visit...thankfully. 

**: They might be even better than a steak and ale pie with mushy peas! 

Changelog: https://ylands.com/community/topic/27120-11-eastern-endeavors/

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

I am definitely excited with this update as it also has the option to play on easy mode or veteran mode with exploration ? 

And the "farming" looks great! No more stacking up trees/cotton and so on but just planting them 1 by 1 with a nice spacing and lining(bamboo sprout still can be stacked don't know if that is accidentally or intentionally).

Started up a new exploration yesterday with the veteran mode, normally within 2 hours I can start exploring with a little boat but now it took a bit longer as I only started off with 3 pieces of cotton on my Yland so needed to do a lot of farming to get enough cotton. 

With my little boat now ready to sail I will be looking for the new far eastern biome, the 1 biome that I really want to explore to see what grows and lives in that biome! 

13 hours ago, bojo2736 said:

Find? The islands are mostly visible from shore. 

I literally just caught a horse, and swam with him and was on the new biome in less than five minutes of launching the game.

I like the old bamboo much better. 

Ylands_190209_034534.png

Edited by bojo2736

9 hours ago, bojo2736 said:

I like the old bamboo much better. 

Ylands_190209_034534.png

The new ones are not bad at all, but I like the old more too.