Adam Snellgrove

1.1: Eastern Endeavors

1.1 Eastern Endeavors - 30/01/2020

FEATURE HIGHLIGHTS

Farming

You can now easily plant vegetation in a grid, which makes neat rows, or outside of it (switch modes with free placing button).
Another plant cannot be planted on a voxel already occupied by another plant.
Vegetation can now be planted on specific terrain voxels only (grass for temperate, sand for desert plants, etc.).
Fast planting (click instead of hold).

New Minigames for Playlands

Forest Friends - Support your local forest, collect trash and free animals caught in traps!
Save the Sheep - The farm is under alien attack, save your sheep from being abducted!
another game coming soon

Far east biome

New biome inspired by the far east China and Japan.
New vegetation - Sakura trees, Tea bushes and more!
Biome specific random sites.

New animal

Bigfoot
Mutated Tigers (3)

Audio Improvements

"Sound effect" game logic improved, allowing creators to customize sounds (volume, repeat delay time, audible distance).

Cooking System Improvements

Many new food items with complex recipes.
Some meals that take longer to prepare now provide strength boost for a limited amount of time.

Particle Game Logic improvements

Ability to scale particle effects via visual scripting.
Ability to stop particle emission (rather than turning it off altogether) via visual scripting.

Explore Difficulty Scale

Option to set one of our 3 preset difficulties for explore mode, or set up your own difficulty by changing individual parameters. (Damage multiplier, health amount, etc.)

User-Controlled Post-Processes

"Custom post process" game logic for the editor.
Allows adding effects like Greyscale, Sepia, Negative, etc. to your games.

New Costume

Cyborg

Editor Improvements

Various small fixes and improvements for the editor, individual improvements listed in the "Additions/Improvements" section.

Editor: New Scene Wizard + Templates

Scene creating wizard for the editor that guides you through setting up your own game and its parameters.
You can choose to start creating from empty maps or our pre-generated game templates, like platformer, adventure and racing.

Editor: Help panel

Panel in the editor with links to editor wiki and various tutorials for creators.

Editor: Custom object parameters

Allows setting up variables in such a way so they can be seen and changed in the object properties window.
This means variables can be easily accessed in the object properties window instead of having to go into the script and changing variables there.

Editor: Visual Scripting Comments / Notes

Special script blocks that have no function but to help you organize code.
Choose from freely placed "sticky note" like block and a line comment, which you can insert into your script stack.
Both comments and notes support rich text formatting, so you can make part of texts bold, change their color and much more.

2FA support for link account (all platforms)

Added two-factor authentication for account linking in order to improve security.

Mobile: tweak car/horse controls

Switched joystick type controls for directional arrows.

Fixed compatibility issues

Resolved crashes / abnormal game behavior with many devices

Added English profanity filter

Chat, character and server names are now filtered. Existing texts are not affected

NEW ITEMS

Rain coat
Straw hat
Striped shirt
Wellingtons
Chef hat
Chef coat
Swimsuit top
Swimsuit shorts
Meat pie
Gelatin dessert
Ice pop
Tortilla
Hamburger
French fries
Croissant
Lollipop
Vanilla cake
Hot dog
Bread soup
Jiaozi
Berry pie
Khachapuri
Shashlik
Hawaii pizza
Large cooking pot closed
Large cooking pot open
Small cooking pot closed
Small cooking pot open
ladle
Rice
Cup of tea
Tea leaves

Sakura tree
White cherry tree
Tall white cherry tree
Larch tree
Cedar tree
Metasequoia tree
Tea tree bush
Rhododendron bush
Coniferous bush
Iris
Lily
Ramie
Rice

ADDITIONS / IMPROVEMENTS

[YLD-21085] Added: Editor: Custom cameras have now 3 fading options (cut, ease in, linear)

[YLD-20934] Added: Editor: There are now usable sliders for properties with min/max value set

[YLD-20598] Added: VS: Get other connected entity tile

[YLD-20806] Added: VS: Get/set/push array from/to other array tiles

[YLD-20803] Added: VS: Clear entity and game logic label instructions

[YLD-20754] Added: VS: Array sort method with custom sorting support.

Optimized: Entering debug session from editor is now smoother and faster.

[YLD-21059] Tweaked: Editor: Rocks and most of the vegetation can be used in Entity welds

[YLD-20349] Tweaked: Editor: View of NPCs is toggled on/off with animals now

[YLD-20756] Tweaked: Editor: You can now break several groups in one click

[YLD-20659] Tweaked: VS: Set weather instruction have a new argument Instant. You can now change weather instantly for players staying in area were weather was changed.

[YLD-21475] Tweaked: VS: Added instigator argument to Damage, Kill, Throw entity tiles.

[YLD-21072] Tweaked: VS: Animator cycle end event is not shown in VS window if events for animator are not enabled

[YLD-21100] Tweaked: VS: Tile search now prefers tiles with searched text found in their name to the tiles with searched text in argument's name

[YLD-21096] Tweaked: VS: Search ignores accent of letters. (in czech environment you can write "cas" to find "čas")

[YLD-20891] Tweaked: VS: Writing to console content of variable which referred to destroyed entity will print "Invalid entity" instead of "None"

[YLD-20908] Tweaked: Editor: You are now able to create entity weld from a single entity

[YLD-19503] Tweaked: Hitting universal game bounds with projectile is now count as a Miss

[YLD-8454] Tweaked: Bubbles now disappears with destroyed entity

[YLD-20948] Tweaked: Editor: You can now set up custom price for unique stackable items

[YLD-20730] Tweaked: Some fallen trees have too large collider

Tweaked: Maintenance panel is now much more player friendly.

Tweaked: Editor: 1-4 keys are now used to change selection widget.

Tweaked: Increased resource spawn rate in caves

FIXES

[YLD-20533] Fixed: Editor: Undo/redo of editing vehicles did not work

[YLD-20944] Fixed: Editor: Event Listener events' names translated in Genesys

[YLD-20686] Fixed: Editor: You can not exit editing empty group now

[YLD-20664] Fixed: Editor: Using cut-and-paste during editing welding caused the game to get stuck

[YLD-20612] Fixed: Editor: Group pivot will change after weld is created inside the group

Fixed: Editor: Old maps can not be play tested from editor without manual save

[YLD-21012][YLD-20988] Fixed: Editor: Undo/redo of vehicles copy did not work correctly

[YLD-20852][YLD-20923] Fixed: Editor: It was not possible to make composition/copy generated flora in new sandbox/exploration maps

[YLD-20843] Fixed: Editor: It was not possible to color entities in old maps which had "shining white" in them

[YLD-20830] Fixed: VS: Trying to kill already dead NPC with script could cause an error

[YLD-20496] Fixed: VS: Copy of raycast referenced variables from the original raycast tile

[YLD-19386] Fixed: VS: It was not possible to copy from entity/game logic template object's script

[YLD-20714] Fixed: VS: Spawning vehicles from entity template not in construction mode did not work correctly

[YLD-20688] Fixed: VS: Trying to edit empty entity scripts 2 times in a row did not work

[YLD-20657] Fixed: VS: Start distance in Follow tile did not work as expected (was always same as End distance)

[YLD-20658] Fixed: VS: Dpawning NPC with Spawn entity type tile did not work

[YLD-20765]  Fixed: VS: Empty holes in For cycle tile

Fixed: VS: You did not see your custom variable names for Throw entity arguments

[YLD-21095] Fixed: Items : Sewing kit will be lost after used it to craft Festive sock.

[YLD-21060] Fixed: shooting AI agents sometimes doesn't register the hit

[YLD-14819] Fixed: Main menu: Recent editor files works same in Main menu as in editor (it is enough to open scenario in editor to have it appear in recent game list)

[YLD-21033] Fixed: Price of coyns is always shown in euro value

[YLD-20857] Fixed: Can't change active controller in options

[YLD-20968][YLD-20967] Fixed: Friend list: mobile: Changing account leads break ID in friend list

[YLD-20935] Fixed: Blueprints: Text: Incorrect notification when trying to assemble not finished vehicle blueprint

[YLD-19660] Fixed: Placing now properly checks for required terrain (water/ground)

[YLD-20874] Fixed: Building: Last item building doesn't work on vehicles in construction mode

[YLD-20840] Fixed: Terrain: When spawn point is obstructed, player falls through the world after respawn

[YLD-20882] Fixed: Non-aggressive animals won't trigger danger audio feedback when approaching the player (e.g. calling horse won't activate combat soundtrack anymore)

[YLD-20750] Fixed: Horse that was loaded far from a client should now properly become visible when it gets closer.

[YLD-20427] Fixed: New left handed item dodge animation

[YLD-20854] Fixed: NPCs can't get damaged when PVP is turned off

[YLD-20530] Fixed: Blueprints: Blueprints are not aligned to the grid (older blueprints may still be misaligned)

[YLD-20450] Fixed: Lion statue behaving like an entity now, lion statue has a recipe now

[YLD-20611] Fixed: Emotes: Premium emotes can be used without costume if they are in quick access slot

[YLD-20814] Fixed: MP: Camera for clients on vehicles does not turn with the vehicle

[YLD-14391] Fixed: Freeplaced items sometimes dropping through moving ships

[YLD-20477] Fixed: Falling items can get stuck mid air if they are very high

[YLD-21069] Fixed: Indestructible, unpickable but interactable sticks were welded together on export

Fixed: Friend list: Device can be stuck on receiving data when accepting request

Fixed: Trading with NPC will no longer select bundles tab if there are no bundles offered

Fixed: Vehicles from blueprints that are not yet complete will no longer allow you to switch construction mode off and thus break the vehicle after exiting and reloading the game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

It will be unusual for me, not being able to stack when planting, but we've needed improvements to the farming mechanics for quite a long time.  And the restrictions for terrain types for different kinds of plants makes a lot of sense, as well as giving us a use for all the soil and sand we end up collecting.  Does it restrict us from placing plants on bare building materials?  Might have to re-think my stone gardens.  ?

Looking forward to trying that out.

Does it "preview" where the plant will go or will we still have to guess that?  I'm hoping for some type of indicator, as a small arrow or hologram preview, so we know exactly where we're placing it before we plant it.  And is it able to "lock on" to the small planter boxes, so we can plant in them and make it look good?

Of course, you would introduce and interesting new biome as I'm knee-deep in digging an ambitiously huge underground base in my current save (spanning almost the entire size of the barrier).  This is one reason why I never finish things.  (heavy sigh)

• Haha 2

Not a big fan of the limited planting to certain biomes. Each biome does not have what I want or need.  Ther is nothing edible that will be plantable on polar. And not much on taiga or arid. Bad move. 

Also, the definition of soon has been stretched out of all reality. Nitrado is not going to be an option, clearly.  

Playgrounds still broken?

More misinformation. 

But hey, bigfoot  woot woot.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, bojo2736 said:

Not a big fan of the limited planting to certain biomes. Each biome does not have what I want or need.  Ther is nothing edible that will be plantable on polar. And not much on taiga or arid. Bad move.

I think that's where the collected dirt and sand comes into play.  We could place it down to create a gardening area for different plant types.  That's what I expect, at least.  We'll have to give it a try.

I am a little concerned about restricting some to "grass" unless the dirt we place counts as grass.

Good update thanks

"[YLD-20882] Fixed: Non-aggressive animals won't trigger danger audio feedback when approaching the player (e.g. calling horse won't activate combat soundtrack anymore)   "  

------   Minipylot and I are happy that this one is fixed.  It was pretty annoying.

"[YLD-20730] Tweaked: Some fallen trees have too large collider"

----- Is this a fix for the floating trees after we chop the tree stump before the tree trunk?  

@Indomitus I hope you are right. I don't mind having to make sure the soil 0.7 s right, or building greenhouses on colder biomes. My guess is that's not true.

I really like the first implementation of farming, it's a much needed mechanic for explore gamemode. Some suggestions for it:

• Grass seeds that turn a dirt voxel into grass,
  • Moisture/temperature system for plants. Moisture could be based on the biome, but also improved using irrigation. Temperature could be improved using heaters. It would be nice if plants would have 2 temperature ranges, one range where it will grow, but really slow, and one much smaller ideal range. This won't make farming impossible but will add lategame content as people will have to make multiple "greenhouses"/farming systems for different plant types.

Can't wait for more explore content/polishing as that's what made me buy the game in the first place.

• Upvote 1

The new planting system doesn't work for bamboo.

And seriously, PLEASE, fix the horse AI.  They keep getting between me and predators during a fight.  Not acceptable.

Edited by Indomitus

1 hour ago, bojo2736 said:

Bamboo is a hot mess. it used to look like bamboo. Now it's blobby and ugly.  

Honestly I think its an improvement, looks much more natural now ?

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Indomitus said:

I think that's where the collected dirt and sand comes into play.  We could place it down to create a gardening area for different plant types.  That's what I expect, at least.  We'll have to give it a try.

I am a little concerned about restricting some to "grass" unless the dirt we place counts as grass.

I ran a brief test this morning.  I used dirt on polar and was able to plant sisel.  I could not plant it in the planter boxes, which should be universal if we don''t have the option to make soil specific ones.   So you can grow in the different soils on different biomes.   

This being the case, I think I do like it as it adds a bit of game play to the game.  I can now go to polar, build a green house (for realism) put down dirt, and have harvestable plants.

Playing on the hardest mode. Riding my horse and a honey badger hit me and killed me in one shot.  This isn't hard, it's stupid. The badger never even came into contact with ME.  So at worst, the horse should have taken damage.

If we are going to take damage on horseback, we need to be able to defend on horseback.

Seriously.  Either let horses sprint, or let us defend.  It's ridiculous.  It's not hard mode, it's stupid mode. 

On 1/31/2020 at 7:33 PM, bojo2736 said:

I ran a brief test this morning.  I used dirt on polar and was able to plant sisel.  I could not plant it in the planter boxes, which should be universal if we don''t have the option to make soil specific ones.   So you can grow in the different soils on different biomes.   

oh that's what i thought of when i read about soils, good you checked that

@Adam Snellgrove can you say realistically when will ylands be feature complete?

Spoiler

that's probably not a question for cm though

13 hours ago, Brbrmensch said:

oh that's what i thought of when i read about soils, good you checked that

@Adam Snellgrove can you say realistically when will ylands be feature complete?

Hide contents

that's probably not a question for cm though

Well not sure what you mean by Feature complete, but we plan to add stuff for at LEAST the next five years ?

• Thanks 1