Jump to content
  • 0
HauntedShadowsLegacy

Far East Biome Not Always Generating in Exploration

Question

So, it took me a few worlds to finally find the Far East biome naturally. As some may know, getting off the starter yland can take an hour at best (without paddling around on a dinky little raft, that is). So by the time I've seen the biome of every other yland, I've sunk in several hours. To not have a single Far East yland in three separate worlds is... 'frustrating', you could say.

I have found a Far East yland, finally, but one of the devs on Steam requested the savegame file of a world without one. Not quite sure where to post that...

(Side notes, not sure if related or not: some of the new recipes aren't showing up for me, and the 'keep inv on death' option doesn't seem to work.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 replies to this bug / suggestion

Recommended Posts

  • 0
2 hours ago, HauntedShadowsLegacy said:

So, it took me a few worlds to finally find the Far East biome naturally. As some may know, getting off the starter yland can take an hour at best (without paddling around on a dinky little raft, that is). So by the time I've seen the biome of every other yland, I've sunk in several hours. To not have a single Far East yland in three separate worlds is... 'frustrating', you could say.

I have found a Far East yland, finally, but one of the devs on Steam requested the savegame file of a world without one. Not quite sure where to post that...

(Side notes, not sure if related or not: some of the new recipes aren't showing up for me, and the 'keep inv on death' option doesn't seem to work.)

I'm pretty sure they said it wouldn't be generated always. When you generate a new map, there is a chance it is generated. So, it's intended by them, I think. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, jchob said:

I'm pretty sure they said it wouldn't be generated always. When you generate a new map, there is a chance it is generated. So, it's intended by them, I think. 

That's not what I understood from the developer on Steam. He sounded concerned that I wasn't seeing any. There's usually enough ylands in a world to have duplicates of more than one biome, so I don't see a reason why there'd only be a chance. Especially a small chance. It also doesn't explain the other issues I'm experiencing. If you can find a reference somewhere for there only being a chance, I'd love to see it. It just doesn't make much sense to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 hours ago, HauntedShadowsLegacy said:

That's not what I understood from the developer on Steam. He sounded concerned that I wasn't seeing any. There's usually enough ylands in a world to have duplicates of more than one biome, so I don't see a reason why there'd only be a chance. Especially a small chance. It also doesn't explain the other issues I'm experiencing. If you can find a reference somewhere for there only being a chance, I'd love to see it. It just doesn't make much sense to me.

Check Dev Diary #112

. You’ll be able to find the Far East Yland in nearly every Exploration map and you can also play around with it in Editor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
9 hours ago, jchob said:

Check Dev Diary #112

. You’ll be able to find the Far East Yland in nearly every Exploration map and you can also play around with it in Editor

'Nearly every' sure doesn't sound like 'almost none'. I loaded up three more worlds, and none of them had the biome. There were significantly fewer ylands than there should've been, too. Only three non-starter ylands in one map, only four in the others. Somethin's going screwy with my world gen, and I don't like it. I've wasted well over fifteen hours only to find one Far East biome. That really doesn't sound like 'nearly every'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Maybe try to reload the game?  I have had the biome on all of my attempts.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
39 minutes ago, bojo2736 said:

Maybe try to reload the game?  I have had the biome on all of my attempts.  

It's looking like that's my one and only option now. I've tried several more worlds, absolutely no Far East ylands. This cannot be normal. If it still persists after a complete reinstall, I'll see what else is left, but I'm feeling pretty hopeless right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I feel your pain.  This game is pretty much trying something else and hoping it works.  I remember when this game was fun.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 2/1/2020 at 8:02 PM, HauntedShadowsLegacy said:

It's looking like that's my one and only option now. I've tried several more worlds, absolutely no Far East ylands. This cannot be normal. If it still persists after a complete reinstall, I'll see what else is left, but I'm feeling pretty hopeless right now.

Well definitely shouldn't be this random and also there shouldn't be just 3 or 4 Ylands in an Exploration map. You can send the file here zipped or you can private message me here. Defenitely if you have the one with just three Ylands in it, we'd love to see it, because that could be a serious problem. And also one, that doesn't have the East Biome in it. It is possible to spawn a map without Far East biome but it shouldn't be probable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
11 hours ago, Adam Snellgrove said:

Well definitely shouldn't be this random and also there shouldn't be just 3 or 4 Ylands in an Exploration map. You can send the file here zipped or you can private message me here. Defenitely if you have the one with just three Ylands in it, we'd love to see it, because that could be a serious problem. And also one, that doesn't have the East Biome in it. It is possible to spawn a map without Far East biome but it shouldn't be probable.

Bad news is I accidentally deleted the glitched worlds while purging some of my old worlds and can't seem to generate any more. Good news is I can't generate anymore because (I think) the reinstall fixed whatever was going on. Went through nine new worlds and out of the 4-6 that I could leave quickly due to enough cotton spawned on the starter yland, all of them did have the new biome and more than four ylands. If I could recover some of the deleted worlds, I'd gladly give 'em to you so you can have a closer look, but I don't know if it's possible to get them back.

So... yeah. Reinstall seems to have been the answer. At least for me. Hopefully no one else encounters this bug, but if they do, reinstall is the best bet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Okey dokes, happy it works now 😊 Let us know if it happens again and then we could maybe look at the glitched world (if one appears again).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×