Houp

Explore H

exploreH.jpg

Hi,

I tried to create "explore" test maps runnable on mobiles. It is set of maps with name Explore H. You can go to any of them. Your equipment and inventory is shared between these maps. There are different "veins" (large stones dropping different ores) on different maps. I suggest to start on https://workshop.ylands.com/asset/2598 or https://workshop.ylands.com/asset/2601 yland.

Surely it is not great.(or good :) ) I just wanted to test several aspect of an editor.

(It uses only tools and scripts usable by everyone.)

Attaching .yland files so anyone can look how it works.

Edit:

Scenarios.zip (!!! this does not work since 1.4. It depends on a bug which cause that event listeners did not listen to character events in "On connect" event)

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Make ylands compatible to Nintendo switch lite ?

Also, do you have a list of compatible mobile smartphones/ tablets? 

Two questions. 

a) When first trying out the android game, the login didn't work yet. So I chose "Play as guest" and named myself something that seems like my cat typed it. How do you log out? Do I have to reinstall the game? I haven't found any "Log out" button in the menu. 

b) Is it "safe" to login with my normal PC/Bohemia account on mobile? I've registered some issues regarding that in the past but I didn't pay much attention to that as I was not involved. So I better ask before loging in with my account. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Miguel Preguisa said:

a) When first trying out the android game, the login didn't work yet. So I chose "Play as guest" and named myself something that seems like my cat typed it. How do you log out? Do I have to reinstall the game? I haven't found any "Log out" button in the menu. 

When you go to your avatar, there is a tab called 'Account'. Go there and press 'Change Account'. It should give you the option to login with you BI account.

16 hours ago, Miguel Preguisa said:

b) Is it "safe" to login with my normal PC/Bohemia account on mobile? I've registered some issues regarding that in the past but I didn't pay much attention to that as I was not involved. So I better ask before loging in with my account. 

Should be safe now ?

• Like 1

So when you press link, it should ask you to login to BI account and then it will ask you, if you want it to link with the Guest account or another account (one, that you linked before). It'll show you both profiles with details and you pick which one you want.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Houp said:

You need to have all the words in one game set. Then you need to use "Reserve session" and "Dispatch" tiles as described on https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Ylands_Tile_-_Reserve_game_session

Is there a way you guys could give it a try live? I feel so much more able to reverse engineer stuff than invent it ?. It could really help us, we are working on something dependent on this. 

Edited by RedEagle_P1.

I have created a small example: Scenarios.zip. 

You will not probably see that both worlds are in the same game set.

I uploaded it to the server so you can test it there first. Only one of the words is set to be visible.

2worlds.PNG

Second one is marked as hidden. Players are unable to start game on this map. They can get there from the trigger zones in "World 1 Test"

Use of reserve session:

simpletriggerzone.PNG

Guid can be copied from Game set window:

gameseet.PNG

Unfortunately provided script depended on a bug which was luckily fixed in 1.4. However, the fix is causing that provided solution of storing player's inventory and equipment has flaw.

What happend:

Until 1.3 Event listener did not trigger player events (in this case "On item added to inventory") during "On connected" event which was not consistent and was causing numerous issues. Now event listener listen to all player events immediately.

My script in 1.3:

In "On connected" it restored (spawned) items to player's equipment and inventory. After that "On item added to inventory" started to work.

My script in 1.4:

"On item added to inventory" works from the beginning. Spawning the first item to player's inventory (to be able to equip it) will trigger "On item added to inventory" which will cause that "Inventory" variable is set to current inventory state (which was not yet restored). When it tries to restore inventory state, it does not work with the old state of inventory, but it tries to restore already rewritten inventory state.

How to fix it:

Probably restoring Inventory first and Equipment after it should work.

However you may consider to ignore "On item added to inventory" during "On player connected" or you can first get stored state as a string for both inventory and equipment and just after that start to restore (actual item spawn) their state.

@RedEagle_P1.> check above if you have used my example from the first post of this thread.

We are having an issue now where our items duplicate rather than just port over. Is there a way you can patch Explore H and also share the changes? 

For keys you can adjust storing instruction to save cylinder ID. However, it will only work as exepected if an user will return to the exactly same world. In different word restoring this number can match the key with chest/doors of another users. Keys do not have any ownership. They are not bound to any user.

There are no instruction working with ownership of protective barrier. Probably there is now way how to handle it at the moment. :(