Sign in to follow this  
OneDeage

Freecamera in-game

So I've recently learned about the "freecamera" command in-game that you can use and it's awesome. I want to use it for when my friends play the open world game mode I'm creating, but unfortunatley once you reach a certain distance the map stops loading in the entities (trees, grass, buildings ect...). Is there a way to circumvent that or is that render distance stuck only as far out as my character is placed. Is there a spectator mode I do not know about?

Freecamera won't make the game load in distant chunks.  It will be able to go out as far from your character's position as your render distance allows, but then the map will just stop.  To load anything beyond that, and view it with freecamera, you have to move your character.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Thank you for the answers. I wanted to spectate using freecam as my friends explored the world. Its not small at all lol

Hello,by my knows,if you assign a freecamera to the player, and suddenly,the player's position far away the freecamera, then there is empty,or maybe ieditor will reloading,but there still is empty. Any weldentity will not visible.

So, keep the freecamera not far away your player.