Sign in to follow this  
jchob

Changing speed while moving through path

Is there a way to change the speed position animator while object is moving through a path? 

Me and Mello are trying it. 

I mean, I set up a position animator to move along with a path logic. But at certain point, we need to change the speed it moves. 

I can't make it work. Is it possible? @Adam Snellgrove

Edited by jchob

We really need a reference manual for scripting. Every programming language has it and ylands scripting shouldn't be different. 

I can't spend all my time trying to mix tiles. I'm not good at VS but I'm also not bad at it.. But sometimes it gets frustrating ?

wiki tiles must be updated by BI. I'm running out of house walls... I punch them everytime I place a tile in scripting ??

• Haha 1

Right now, there is no way to change the speed of the animator. :/ You could maybe split it into two animators, and just reassign the objects animator from one to the other, once it reaches the end. I have already used this solution in the past, and it wasn't that bad.^^ 

• Thanks 1

We're working on updating the Wiki with a lot of new info so these questions are very useful for us. For now, keep putting your feedback here, it will help us to create a good guide that everyone could use in the future.? Be careful about the wall problem, we can help you with building walls in-game, not in your house.?

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NaruTheHuman said:

Right now, there is no way to change the speed of the animator. :/ You could maybe split it into two animators, and just reassign the objects animator from one to the other, once it reaches the end. I have already used this solution in the past, and it wasn't that bad.^^ 

Me and Mello I think have come with that idea using 2 animator like you said but I haven't tried it. If you say it works for now, maybe I I should go back and try it. 

Also, I think IgorQ already asked to have a way to get all points from the path into an array. It would be cool, because I could access individual points, and for example change the rotation of the object. 

• Like 1