RedEagle_P1.

RESOLVED [YLD-22344] Can cut indestructible tree with saw

Question

8 replies to this bug / suggestion

I haven't tried it lately, but this has been an exploit. You can use the saw to cut trees under someone else's power barrier. Last time I tried it, it still worked.

1 hour ago, bojo2736 said:

I haven't tried it lately, but this has been an exploit. You can use the saw to cut trees under someone else's power barrier. Last time I tried it, it still worked.

Wow, an interesting one. Will have to try on Monday ?

Oof, I made a post many months ago about that. 

If you make a tree indestructible, you can chop down the tree with saw, but the stump will remain indestructible. Haven't tried it again, tho. 

3 hours ago, jchob said:

Oof, I made a post many months ago about that. 

If you make a tree indestructible, you can chop down the tree with saw, but the stump will remain indestructible. Haven't tried it again, tho. 

Sorry, probably had to miss that one ? We'll try it on Monday.

This was reported as an exploit   when Ane  was  community manager -   and a couple of times  later last year.  We had a griefer  denude an entire island with this exploit.

So this is because sawing is an interaction, so you also have to switch off the interaction option for the tree, so it doesn't get sawed.

2020-03-02_13h54_21.png

This does bring up an interesting thought:

Could we get a way in the scripting to show or hide interactions for specific players based on our own criteria?  (For example, if RedEagle and I were both next to a tree, and he had a special label or role to allow it but I didn't, he would see the option to saw down the tree, and I wouldn't, at the same time.)

(edit)

AND...  I believe we've asked before for some way to make custom interactions take time to complete.  Timed game mechanics like lock picking, computer hacking, machine repair, or some kinds of looting could be very cool additions to competitive game modes.

Edited by Indomitus

9 hours ago, Adam Snellgrove said:

So this is because sawing is an interaction, so you also have to switch off the interaction option for the tree, so it doesn't get sawed.

2020-03-02_13h54_21.png

But that would disable custom interaction. For example, i might not want the tree to be cut, but I want to "inspect" it :)

But yeah, makes sense