Adam Snellgrove

(New) Dedicated Servers FAQ

On 9/15/2020 at 6:37 PM, jchob said:

You need to open that map in the editor and place a cube. Then save the map. And voilá, go play it again

I tried that so many times.
I cannot find the game on my machine.

I use a program named Everything from Void Tools to search and it pulled nothing up.
Is there a specific folder I need to be looking in>

And thanks for the help

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Spankin said:

I tried that so many times.
I cannot find the game on my machine.

I use a program named Everything from Void Tools to search and it pulled nothing up.
Is there a specific folder I need to be looking in>

And thanks for the help

If you open up the Editor in Ylands and then in the top left pick "Open Recent" there should be you Exploration game hopefully.

Mabe a Stupid question. How can I start a shared game in Exploration? I can add an Yland to my sharegame list but I cant start it.

Edited by Lord_Wolfie

This seems to be very similar to renting a server for Exploration (Experimental).

First, within Exploration (Experimental) find an island you want to make into a sharegame. Remember the name and the biome type. 

Exit to the main menu and click on "Servers" to open your server and sharegame lists:

20210112203034_1.thumb.jpg.cf636015ef74ba16fb3280096be58e71.jpg

Then click on "my sharegames", an empty slot, and then "add game or yland."

20210112202952_1.thumb.jpg.3f6bace0c697731a6441e14ebae44ba4.jpg

Pick the island you want to make into a sharegame and then you will get this confirmation:

20210112192846_1.thumb.jpg.5c18b856318215b4a4bec8c45e81c1b4.jpg

Within Exploration (Experimental), you can travel to the edge of the map, and then go to the correct biome for your sharegame. Click on any purple question mark.

20210112202631_1.thumb.jpg.4f82ccb5e864c2a022480c87b8bc9fe3.jpg

Once it loads, you can press Esc to change any multiplayer settings.

20210112202701_1.thumb.jpg.c799c86d17eabe216eed732f7947616b.jpg

• Like 1

Is there a way of editing a world on a rented server without players and world losing progress?

18 hours ago, POET102 said:

Is there a way of editing a world on a rented server without players and world losing progress?

What exactly were you trying to edit? I am assuming you already have world saving enabled in game settings in editor and you are asking if you can make drastic changes like adding scripts without updating the game in the workshop? I know a few things you can do if it's just wanting to add compositions to an active game.....but if you are wanting to add scripts without the game wiping and resetting I think that's impossible.....but if you want to be able to add compositions and creatures without wiping and uploading a new game you just have to make sure that you have access to a creator cube in the game. I admin a few servers and there is a script the creators of the game use that is specifically made for me. I can type certain text commands and get a cube, run fast, fly without propeller pack or potion, teleport directly to other players, teleport other players to me, and many more commands they made for me.....but it's in a script that cannot be changed unless they decide to wipe it and update to a new script. With the cube I generally add a lot of compositions in the game using various blueprints I have made in editor and I use it constantly to ensure players always have challenges and rewards by making small random encounters with monsters and some  uncraftable items as the rewards for defeating or out maneuvering those monsters.

Good Morning,  Say I'm wondering if it is possible if I could add this to dedicated server, so we could play with our friends, we already pay for this server and I'm wondering if this would work here?

Thank you for your time teddiebear

On 5/29/2023 at 4:00 PM, The Rock-e60d2c70e7e441b2 said:

Good morning,
I have a problem with a dedicated server I can't see my backups.

image.thumb.png.576a64fc418e4f5cb12ffc462cd02a98.png

Would you have a solution?

Thanks in advance.

Hello, this is a bug. Could you also please send us an in-game message so that we can look into it? Could you please restart the game and tell me if it persists? Thank you.

2 hours ago, anna_svecova said:

Hello, this is a bug. Could you also please send us an in-game message so that we can look into it? Could you please restart the game and tell me if it persists? Thank you.

Thank you for the answer how can I contact you in the game?
Cordially

On 5/31/2023 at 3:02 PM, The Rock-e60d2c70e7e441b2 said:

Thank you for the answer how can I contact you in the game?
Cordially

Just go to SOCIAL and click on DEV message :)