Adam Snellgrove

Dev Diary #118 - New Audio in 1.2.

Hey there Ylanders! 

We have some great music in Ylands and some great sound effects as well, but our audio guys are always hard at work to come up with cool new tunes and ways of getting players even more immersed in the game. A Warrior fights more ferociously when blood-curdling music begins, Explorers delve deeper and farther, when emboldened by an adventurous tune and trying to avoid enemies is even more nerve-racking, when accompanied by a tense soundtrack. 

image (19).png

This is why two new songs are coming into the game in 1.2. One is an epic orchestral battle tune, perfect for the thick of battle. The other a tense stealthy song that will make any close encounter with dangerous animals or mutated monsters an adrenaline-filled experience. Creators will be able to implement them into their games and let them play at specific instances when they want to build tension or give gravitas to a scene.  

Ylands 2020-02-27 11-35-53-54.jpg

In the future, we’ll be adding even more songs of different moods and genres and we’ll give even more control to the Creator to change the default tracks played when the player, for instance, goes into a cave or enters combat, but that is down the line. 

In 1.2 the audio team has also tweaked all the atmospheric sounds and made them more specific to certain biomes to make them even more distinct from each other. And in the future Creators will be able to do the same for their own games, to give certain areas a different feel from others, so, for instance, putting in sci-fi sounds and ambiance in, when players enter the big sprawling city of the future. 

Of course, there will be other improvements to the sounds in the game and there has been a lot of optimizing and balancing of sound effects throughout.  

So a lot to...hear forward to in 1.2 ?

And until next time, stay classy Ylanders. 

• Like 6

This will be great. I love the music in the game as I sit on my dingy, waiting for the Alpha to piss off, the night tunes are delightful to listen to. 

Is there an estimated release date for 1.2 yet? I may have missed that in the previous Diary entries. 

Super excited for more!!!!

Nahni ?

17 hours ago, Nahni said:

This will be great. I love the music in the game as I sit on my dingy, waiting for the Alpha to piss off, the night tunes are delightful to listen to. 

Is there an estimated release date for 1.2 yet? I may have missed that in the previous Diary entries. 

Super excited for more!!!!

Nahni ?

We are working on it very intensively but with the current situation in the country and with everyone pretty much having to take Home Office, it might take a few weeks. But we'll see ?

17 hours ago, Bob Salvador said:

HO new chest ? in the first picture? 

Maybe? ?‍♂️?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1