Hunter-Over-Fire

Custom Key Binds

On 3/10/2020 at 2:37 PM, Hunter-Over-Fire said:

How do you get custom key binds into visual scripting for like pressing J to explode something for some reason?

You will need to use custom controls with some scripting. I'm not at computer right now and I can't remember things from the head. When I get home I can look into it and maybe make a video for it. But will take at least 7 hours until I can get home (I need to work). 

Be patient ?

Hi, jchob,

First, thanks for the tutorial.  I did learn something useful, but I also interpreted from the video that what I want can't be done.  At one point you stated that the keybindings were for the map.  This defeats my objective, sadly.  Let me give you a clear example.  I have uploaded to the workshop a driveable forklift.  Unfortunately, the fork portion does not raise or lower.  I would love to change that, but it seems wrong to require the driver to exit the vehicle to adjust the fork portion, especially since activating or departing the vehicle causes it to change state, which includes the level of the fork.  What I would love is to have a custom keybind that could alter the position of the fork.  Now, changing the fork position is easy enough but the keybind is what I'm struggling with, and it needs to be just in the scripting so that it transfers with the item and not the map.  Otherwise, it doesn't help the forklift that others download from the workshop - which is, frankly, the whole reason it was made.  Sadly, it sounds as though what I want isn't possible because BI has constrained keybinds to a map and not game logic that can be transitioned between maps.  If I am wrong, I would love it if I am, please let me know how best to fix this.

Thanks,

- Bel