Adam Snellgrove

1.2: Astonishing Adventures

FEATURE HIGHLIGHTS

• Editor improvements
    • New editor UI
    • 3D selection tool - possibility to select objects via a 3D box
    • Random rotation while placing - allows placing entites with random rotation (useful for trees, plants, etc..)
    • Improved terrain tools - Stamp mode, optimizations.

• Advanced particle editing/coloring
    • Ability to customize particle effects and attach them to entities.
    • New type of Game logic for editor - Particle template that will allow players to customize the particle effect and reference it in entities/visual scripting.
    • New type of Game logic for editor - Melee attack effect allows editing trail effects for each attack.

• New NPC heads
    • Ability to set up different heads for NPCs to differentiate from humans (first present: elven heads)

• Ability to recolor NPC's skin
    • NPC's skin can now be set to a variety of different colors (in editor)

• Ability to test games on PC to check, what they will look like on mobile platform 
    • Allow to test the game in the editor as if it was run on mobile device - with precompiled terrain and mobile UI
    • Accessible via playtest options

• Audio library - new music tracks
    • New music tracks creators can use in their games via visual scripting, overriding default music.

• Enhancement of UI elements library
    • Added a variety of sprites for UI customization.

• Advanced damage/heal numbers
    • More options and effects for showing customs texts and sprites above entities.

• Publish game within editor
    • Players are able to upload their creations to the workshop more easily, without having to handle any files.
    • When creation is ready to upload, the browser will open automatically and players only have to click "publish."

• RPG templates
    • Compositions available in the workshop that show examples of scripting of basic RPG features in the ylands editor.
    • Leveling and Quest system, Monster spawner and Shop.

• RPG compositions
    • Dozens of new compositions will help you create your fantasy RPG (they can be indetified by "RPG" prefix)

• New Random Encounters
    • Couple of new REs with new assets and enemies

• New Fauna in Exploration
    • Woolly Rhinoceros has been added to Polar and Tundra biome
    • Mutated Golem can be rarely found in caves

• Allows players to hide logged out players on servers. so they can avoid overcrowded spawn points

NEW ASSETS

Stone Giant
Wendigo
Goatman
Ylandium Golem
Mutated Golem (3)
Wooly Rhino
Fantasy door (4)
Windows stained glass (4)
Stone Pillar (3)
Stone Window
Stone Railing (2)
Wooden pillar (3)
Brick Pillar (2)
Crown (2)
Fantasy hat
Charmer hat
Barbute helmet
Bard robe
Bard skirt
Bard boots
Nobleman caftan
Nobleman pants
Nobleman boots
Elven tunic
Elven pants
Elven boots
Elven helmet
Elven armor
Elven armor pants
Elven armor boots
Golden chest
Round carpet
Fancy carpet
Wooden bed
Helmet banner
Symbol banner
Wooden table
Wooden chair
Massive stool
Throne
Wooden Cabinet (2)
Book piedestal
Chandelier with candles
Chandelier with lamps
Runes (24)
Buttons (3)
Demon statue
Steel spear
Elven spear
Beastbane spear
Iron staff
Crystal staff
Shaman staff
Gold staff
Elven spear
Elven bow
Feather pen (2)
Feather hat

ADDITIONS / IMPROVEMENTS

[YLD-21818] Added: Editor: Terrain stamping
[YLD-21640] Added: Timed text and sprite display above entities which can be used to display received damage (or any other information) without overriding the previously displayed value
[YLD-22018] Added: Editor: In-game editor now supports playtesting game modes with visuals corresponding to PC (same as until now), mobile-high and mobile-low profiles.
[YLD-21608] Added: Editor: You can slow camera movement while holding 'X'
[YLD-21596][YLD-21600][YLD-21955] Added: Editor: Placing with randomized rotations.
[YLD-21819] Added: Editor: Playtest performance statistics. Shown when UI is hidden (tilde/backquote by default).
[YLD-22477] Added: VS: On placing item started/ended events
[YLD-22294] Added: VS: Play particle from template
[YLD-22291] Added: VS: Added Rotation argument to both Play particle tiles
Added: Editor: Placing now uses the Alignment and Surface Snapping editor settings.
Added: New casting emote animations
[YLD-21857] Tweaked: Editor: Deleting entity/game logic object should remove it from its labels
[YLD-22446] Tweaked: Editor: Particles are not frozen in Editor by default
[YLD-21818] Tweaked: Editor: Terrain sculpt improvements:
- gradual terrain Add/Remove with customizable intensity;
- maximum brush radius increased 7x;
- improved terrain raising/lowering brush precision (no longer functionally clamped to voxel);
- disabled abrupt terrain adding into space during terrain Add;
- maximum effective terraforming distance increased from 50 to 1000 meters;
- added implicit saving of editor terrain paint/sculpt settings
[YLD-21936] Tweaked: Editor: Exported universal scenario and editor playtest of the scenario now use the same terrain. Previously, playtest used the same high-fidelity terrain as used in editor, which did not accurately represent the final exported scenario.
[YLD-21890] Tweaked: The profanity filter sometimes filtered too effectively
[YLD-22343] Tweaked: Emote previews in Store now show the emote animation applied to your current character instead of a premade one.
[YLD-22211] Tweaked: Spawn veins in caves only on the floors
Tweaked: New animation for gangnam dance
Tweaked: Game Variables are now delete-able by default; once a variable is referenced in any export to workshop, it can no longer be deleted. Game Set Variables are not affected by this change and can still never be deleted.

FIXES

[YLD-22690] Fixed: Editor: Animated trigger zones listening to "any player" get triggered by NPCs
[YLD-22224] Fixed: Editor: Projection tables should not be deletable in editor
[YLD-22099] Fixed: Editor: Selecting new in menu does not ask you to save your game.
[YLD-21990] Fixed: Editor: NPCs with modified weapon were still causing default damage
[YLD-21992] Fixed: Editor: Initial camera position for Racing template was under ground
[YLD-21996] Fixed: Editor: Environments made from old interior GL should have "Affect light intensity" checked
[YLD-22381] Fixed: VS: Scripts on fire based entities could caused an error when setting them to fire
[YLD-21215] Fixed: VS: When you despawn animated single object inside a zone it still behaves like it is is inside
[YLD-21763] Fixed: VS: Spawned entities with script could be immune to player's melee hits. (if map was set NON PVP)
[YLD-22478] Fixed: VS: On plant event does not trigger Event listener
[YLD-22193] Fixed: VS: Playing a looped sound via game logic when it can't be played will no longer freeze the client.
[YLD-22643] Fixed: Blueprints: Client has collision with blueprint ghost.
[YLD-22527] Fixed: Blueprints: blueprint build preview collides with players/vehicles
[YLD-19660] Fixed: Blueprints: It's possible to build ship blueprints underwater.
[YLD-21769] Fixed: Combat: Camel and Mutated Penguins combat range issues.
[YLD-22831] Fixed: Some older saves/compositions/scenarios having broken ship parts (mast/anchor/helm/wind indicator).
[YLD-20906] Fixed: First person camera in car doesn't turn with the car
[YLD-22493] Fixed: Multiplayer lobby was showing server name instead of scenario name.
[YLD-21409][YLD-21266] Fixed: Fixed an issue where server saves would roll back to previous or weird versions of the game.
[YLD-22384] Fixed: You can't saw down trees inside the other player's barrier anymore
[YLD-5193] Fixed: Chance to fall through terrain due to a large number of items on the ground and other causes should be reduced.
[YLD-22247] Fixed: Cube : Potion of speed is not located in the "potion" category
[YLD-22280] Fixed: Items: Ship ladder does not have a crafting recipe
[YLD-22119] Fixed: Woolly Rhinoceros runs in circles until he get better view of target
[YLD-21137] Fixed: Blocks can be placed on a car and not be attached to it
[YLD-21540] Fixed: Blueprints: cannot create blueprint when there are plants in the capture area
[YLD-21822] Fixed: Blueprint ghost is not visible while placing
[YLD-21780] Fixed: Hermit did not speak.
[YLD-21764] Fixed: Items: Rubber tree stumps can be sawed down to no effect
[YLD-21167] Fixed: Ships colliders were not combined properly causing performance issues near shore
[YLD-18371] Fixed: Campfire should not bloom anymore nor display lights when there are just remains when burning out
[YLD-21866] Fixed: Rented server : if you ban player from main menu (server management) he gets incorrect warning message
[YLD-22970] Fixed: Broken vehicles for clients.
Fixed: Broken colouring gradients on some entities with custom colour (trees).
Fixed: FAQ button in My Servers tab was pointing at a wrong URL
Fixed: VS: Enumerated values were not saved into save game
Fixed: Desert plants are not possible to plant to sea bottom anymore
Fixed: Editor: Can't toggle freeplacing
Fixed: Vehicles in construction mode are invisible for players after they reconnect, turning on construction mode makes server not joinable
Fixed: Avatar Log Out Fix - Allows players to hide logged out players on servers. so they can avoid overcrowded spawn points

• Like 3

Po aktualizaci mi nejdou zobrazit tyto informace. Jak znovu zapnu? Děkuji

638827752_Beznzvu1.thumb.jpg.f86982957fe73d791661448e07d41843.jpg

Edited by jar.janca
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Adam Snellgrove said:

Mutated Golem can be rarely found in caves 

Cool, shame this was not tested any. I just started a new Exploration game, travelled to the level 1 Island that is marked on the map. It was night by the time I got there and guess what I find, and Island full of Mutated Golems, I asume it was full of these, saw 3 from water and investigated much to my demise (2 hit death). Un amused tbh.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2033754179

Edited by Horemvore

48 minutes ago, bojo2736 said:

Non persistent avatars?

The fix is there, it's just omitted in the changelog. We'll fix that :)  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Horemvore said:

Cool, shame this was not tested any. I just started a new Exploration game, travelled to the level 1 Island that is marked on the map. It was night by the time I got there and guess what I find, and Island full of Mutated Golems, I asume it was full of these, saw 3 from water and investigated much to my demise (2 hit death). Un amused tbh.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2033754179

Well at night they come out the same as any mutated monster to hunt. It's not a good idea to wonder around in the dark unprepared ??

53 minutes ago, jar.janca said:

To bylo odstraněno, protože to byl spíš interní tool, kteří používali naši programátoři a designeři q nebyl určen pro vnější použití. Budeme ale přidávat jiné nástroje v budoucích updatech, který by měli více informovat Creatory.

1 hour ago, jar.janca said:

Jde ho stále zapnout příkazem /dui napsaném do chatu

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Adam Snellgrove said:

Well at night they come out the same as any mutated monster to hunt. It's not a good idea to wonder around in the dark unprepared ??

Fair enough, so if we now get really hard monsters on tier one islands (noticed the hardest muted bears on same island after reload) what is left for the other tiers? More of the same? Samey Samey gets boring real real fast. Or is it a simply that Tiers are now going to be a thing of the past like the old days? Btw I was hardly unprepared, full stone armor and axe, the best you can get before Iron, which you have to go to a Tier 1 or above island for and the reason I sailed to said island.

Also if these uniques are common place what is the point of having a rare encounter in a cave? Kinda moot this, just wait till dark and you get to see/kill far more than a "unique rare encounter".

TBH I am more disappointed that this supposed Rare was just out in the open and multiple of than anything else, it was one of the reasons I did a restart, to find its not rare at all and there will be zero effort involved to hunt/find said Rare is more than mildly disappointing. To actually Hunt/Track/Find/Kill this rare before its not actually Rare we have to do it within the first night away from the starter island, I just do not get the logic behind it one bit. Guess I should have done my PHD in Psychology and not Engineering.

Edited by Horemvore
  • Haha 1

@Horemvore you play with words, How can you complain like that when you see what all this update bring to the table .... Sad that you are "disappointed" for this tiny small detail ....

1 hour ago, Horemvore said:

Fair enough, so if we now get really hard monsters on tier one islands (noticed the hardest muted bears on same island after reload) what is left for the other tiers? More of the same? Samey Samey gets boring real real fast. Or is it a simply that Tiers are now going to be a thing of the past like the old days? Btw I was hardly unprepared, full stone armor and axe, the best you can get before Iron, which you have to go to a Tier 1 or above island for and the reason I sailed to said island.

Also if these uniques are common place what is the point of having a rare encounter in a cave? Kinda moot this, just wait till dark and you get to see/kill far more than a "unique rare encounter".

TBH I am more disappointed that this supposed Rare was just out in the open and multiple of than anything else, it was one of the reasons I did a restart, to find its not rare at all and there will be zero effort involved to hunt/find said Rare is more than mildly disappointing. To actually Hunt/Track/Find/Kill this rare before its not actually Rare we have to do it within the first night away from the starter island, I just do not get the logic behind it one bit. Guess I should have done my PHD in Psychology and not Engineering.

The Golems are the 'rarest' of the Mutated Monsters on Ylands (there aren't that many as for instance bears or wolves on each Ylands and cave) and they 'level up' the same as the other monsters. You'll notice the Golems have different colours in different tiers, so on Tier 1 they're Purplish, Tier 2 they're Red and Tier 3 Green. Their stats also scale up.

2 hours ago, Adam Snellgrove said:

Tier 1 they're Purplish, Tier 2 they're Red and Tier 3 Green. Their stats also scale up.

Um the ones I found on Tier 1 were Green.... (Plain as day in the screenshot)

5 hours ago, Aleš Ulm said:

The fix is there, it's just omitted in the changelog. We'll fix that :)  

I'd kiss you but social distancing. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Horemvore said:

Um the ones I found on Tier 1 were Green.... (Plain as day in the screenshot)

Plain as night. They all have green shiny stones growing out of them (like all Mutants, it's the calling sign of a mutant). The colour of the stone is indicative of what tier they are.

• Haha 1

First thoughts after playing a bit this evening:

#1:

Me: Rhinos are OP

BI: Let's add more!

Me: No.

Seriously, the maps are too small for anything that strong that's not a boss.  They should be weaker or fewer.  One or the other, because they're too strong to be scattered all across a tier 1 island.

#2:

Right-click while crafting in a workstation goes to recipe screen every time.  Feeding the fire in a workstation forces it to recipe screen every time.  Fix this please.

#3:

So I guess the diagnostic display at top-right of the screen is removed now?  Or is it hidden under a new command?

@HoremvoreI'm with BobSalvador: why are you complaining about such a tiny detail? Instead of complaining, you should be doing a bug issue post and be greatful about all other stuff that the update brought.

Another thing is, I haven't seen your name actively in forums, and you come here to complain? I'm here about for 1.3 years and I still see stuff to be fixed and I don't complain. Me and others try to help with spotting bugs. They have testers, but whoever plays a game is the best person to spot issues, troubles, bugs.

I don't like everything in the game but I also don't dislike everything. Instead of complaining to them, I show my position and why I like/don't like. I just don't come here screaming at them. 

With all respect, best regards. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bojo2736 said:

I'd kiss you but social distancing. 

Yeah @bojo2736they did it. But I guess we will miss the graveyard full of corpses ?

4 hours ago, jchob said:

@HoremvoreI'm with BobSalvador: why are you complaining about such a tiny detail? Instead of complaining, you should be doing a bug issue post and be greatful about all other stuff that the update brought.

Another thing is, I haven't seen your name actively in forums, and you come here to complain? I'm here about for 1.3 years and I still see stuff to be fixed and I don't complain. Me and others try to help with spotting bugs. They have testers, but whoever plays a game is the best person to spot issues, troubles, bugs.

I don't like everything in the game but I also don't dislike everything. Instead of complaining to them, I show my position and why I like/don't like. I just don't come here screaming at them. 

With all respect, best regards. 

He/she has just as much right to be here as you... and they have a right to voice their grievances.

Looking at the change log above, most of the improvements are editor based, and have no bearing on the explore game... which @Horemvore is clearly playing.

5 hours ago, TheSparkPlug said:

He/she has just as much right to be here as you... and they have a right to voice their grievances.

Looking at the change log above, most of the improvements are editor based, and have no bearing on the explore game... which @Horemvore is clearly playing.

Feel free to understand as you want.

I personally don't like complaining people. People must learn to also be greatful for the great things, but humans decided to just point and complain about what is bad and forget to thank about the good things. 

Imagine if we all decide to drop down here screaming and complaining... 

When you find a bug don't complain. Help developers team by let them know what is going wrong. That is the way to help.

With all respect, no he/she doesn't have the same right as me to be here, if the purpose is to scream nonsense things.

By the way, this update looks good corcerning exploration stuff. Yes, it's true he/she found something that doesn't work. And so? The step is inform what the problem is, not start a "screaming baby mode". 

This is a community, and as a community you need to know how to behave inside of it. You don't like? Step away then. 

I'm not going to keep with this conversation. 

With respect, have fun. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, jchob said:

Feel free to understand as you want.

I personally don't like complaining people. People must learn to also be greatful for the great things, but humans decided to just point and complain about what is bad and forget to thank about the good things. 

Imagine if we all decide to drop down here screaming and complaining... 

When you find a bug don't complain. Help developers team by let them know what is going wrong. That is the way to help.

With all respect, no he/she doesn't have the same right as me to be here, if the purpose is to scream nonsense things.

By the way, this update looks good corcerning exploration stuff. Yes, it's true he/she found something that doesn't work. And so? The step is inform what the problem is, not start a "screaming baby mode". 

This is a community, and as a community you need to know how to behave inside of it. You don't like? Step away then. 

I'm not going to keep with this conversation. 

With respect, have fun. 

And I personly do not liks *** ****, **** *****, like you either. so *** ***. And btw I check these forumd every day since day 1 of EA and guess what NOONE IS VERY ACTIVE HERE.

** this game, Survival game its never going to be, Miss sold, uninstalled. BI added to blacklist.

Edited by Adam Snellgrove
Inappropriate language
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Horemvore said:

uninstalled. BI added to blacklist.

Cool beans. Won't be missed. 

2 hours ago, Horemvore said:

And btw I check these forumd every day since day 1 of EA and guess what NOONE IS VERY ACTIVE HERE.

You're going to want to double-check that claim.

hint:

<-----------------------  Look over there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, ApexReaper - Gaming said:

Do we need to start a new adventure to find all the new npc's and golems?  Love the new items by the way great update :)

You can still play your old games, but the new creatures won't be there. If you start a new Exploration game, the new Random Encounters and Monsters will spawn ?

• Thanks 1