Adam Snellgrove

Update 1.2: Astonishing Adventures

Hey there Ylanders!

So it’s here, Update 1.2 and boy is it a big one. We have talked about the different aspects of the update for many weeks now, but today it all comes together in a glorious fantasy tapestry. And while we have some great additions to Exploration with Random Encounters featuring Goatmen, Wendigos, Golems and Elves and with Mutated Golems now roaming the deep dark caves, there are also some really great Editor improvements. So let’s list of some of the major changes to Ylands with 1.2 ?

ylands_update1_2_SocialMediaPost_1920x1080.png

• Fantasy assets: we have added numerous new blocks to help you (re)create any fantasy setting you can think of

• Fantasy compositions: to get your creativity flowing, we have added new fantasy-themed compositions to the workshop

• New creatures: we have added Golems, Goatmen, Wendigos and Woolly Rhinos to the game - use them in your own creations or meet them in an Exploration game

• Elves: NPCs can now have elvish heads - essentially introducing a brand-new race and higher NPC variety to the game

• Advanced particle editing: change, edit or create brand new particle systems, attach them to weapons or any other elements

• Editor improvements: we have added many quality of life improvements to the Editor like selecting random versions of an object when placing in the Editor (so you can have randomized forests when placing trees, etc.), snap to terrain, custom UI improvements and more - not to mention massive optimizations done to the terraforming tools

• Editor additions: new features like the ability to publish your game from within the Editor, the ability to add text, numbers and even images emitting from entities and much more

• Platform improvements: the ability to create 20-person multiplayer games or single-player games with persistent data saved across sessions

• Numerous fixes: the ability to turn off persistent avatars (after a player left the server) and countless bug fixes and improvements

So there you have it Ylanders. There are many more changes, but too many to list off here, so visit our changelog for more info and have fun exploring the ever-evolving world of Ylands.

Stay classy Ylanders!

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Thx for this update, you are on the good road with all of the new adition, thx for all the new assets and new editor ❤️ 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

I haven't played much after update, but...

HEEEELLL YEEEEEAAAAH

thanks team ???

P. S - why you changed my F5 to F9 in editor, that is probably what I use most on ylands ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, bojo2736 said:

In game time no longer is visible.

This was answered in Czech in the other thread.  It is now accessed through the command /dui

(I wouldn't have noticed if the player hadn't circled it in red in the screenshot.  And Google Translate helped.)

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, bojo2736 said:

Ugh. So what is the command? I don't read or write Czech. 

Indomitus said it on his comment. 

It seems the command is /dui

The explanation given in the other thread is that it was not intended to be a feature for the players, but more for testing and diagnostics, so it was taken out of the regular show/hide sequence and moved to its own command.  Bear in mind, I'm paraphrasing and going based on what Google Translate said, since I don't speak Czech either.

It seems apparent, though, that there is a use for some of that information during regular play.  Needing to know the in-game time, for example, might indicate that the shift from day to (dangerous) night is a little too abrupt.  Maybe we could have the time show on the map when we open it?

Clearly there is a use if we all use it. I understand not everyone using the other diagnostic info. But game time is. My default was to have it on constantly.

• Like 1

We are creating some other tools for info, to make them more in-game relevant. Diagnostic tools aren't really ideal for every day gameplay. But I'm hearing what you're saying and if the change from day to night is too abrupt, we'll focus on that and try and figure something out in that regard.

But they are still available through the command as Indomitus said.

• Like 1

So I have it confirmed, that we are making an in-game clock/watch and thermometer item to create in Exploration and it is planned for update 1.4 so far. Till then the command /dui will be available.

• Like 1