bojo2736

Group Cannot Be Empty

Question

I was trying to start a new explore map.  I started one in the main screen, then opened it in editor to add a few buildings and such.  I was trying to place a composition, but wanted to remove an item from it.  I clicked on edit group, and the trouble began. The edit group function did not want to work.  So I deleted the building and was going to add another different one.  I keep getting the error "group cannot be empty"  inside the map, it says hit escape to cancel edit group.  This does not work.  I deleted the map and was going to start again.  I keep getting the error. I tried to get a screen cap, but apparently that isn't working either.

WTF.

log_userscripts.txt

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

10 replies to this bug / suggestion

Okey, we can't repro it as is, but could you please send us the compositions this happened with? We'll try it with that. You can PM it to me, if it's secret ?

image.thumb.png.1bee67b305e30e3a0c8f8750104ac3e7.png

It doesn't seem to be attached to any file at all.  I get it in all screens, in game, in the menu and in the editor.  As I said, I have checked file integrity, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game and rebooted my computer.  

It started when I had a composition that I was trying to pull a piece out of.  

Hi, just few notes:

A) red notifications persist (between editor and main menu and game) until they are confirmed with OK button.

B) it should not be possible to have empty group in the game. If you want to delete group just select it and delete it. Editing group and deleting all objects in it will not work - in that case you should press Undo/place any new object to edited group and after that cancel group editing with escape.

However, 1) there is a bug that you can save the game in this state which will leave an empty group in your game and 2) this behavior does not seem to be much user friendly. In one of the future updates pressing escape when editing an empty group will perform the same action as if you would delete the group.

C) We still need to check that notification really behaves as described in point A)