Aplem

RESOLVED [YLD-23097] Corrupted Editor? / Entity Box Spam

How's it going! I've ran into a wonderfully inconvenient issue that has completely halted progress on weeks of work and potentially corrupted and ruined it. Every time I click on a new entity it will proceed to stack these on one after the next and they are completely empty. This has been causing the editor to unresponsive and I have to force quit the game as it gets stuck in the visual scripter. I have already lost hours and hours of progress due to this issue and now, simply put, it won't go away. Restarts fixed it once and now they don't.

image.thumb.png.a7211ccda5d3ca783b5d32648456b957.png

As you can see on this wonderful image, this happens every time I click on an entity. Entities that aren't even related cross over these empty boxes of nothing. The worst part is, even upon clicking into the entity that has info stored, those boxes with the clocks(??) still stay there. Unmoving, unwavering, taunting and laughing.

image.png.b6b533b22d606791e7f18ec14a74b384.png

image.thumb.png.502cc0ab45344982690ff13e83c4ff6a.png

Any input would be greatly appreciated as this is the furthest I have made it on a project of mine and now at this rate i'm just demotivated to even keep playing Ylands. This experience has just left me broken because during my time in quarantine this is what i've been focusing on.

Thank you!

2 hours ago, Aplem said:

How's it going! I've ran into a wonderfully inconvenient issue that has completely halted progress on weeks of work and potentially corrupted and ruined it. Every time I click on a new entity it will proceed to stack these on one after the next and they are completely empty. This has been causing the editor to unresponsive and I have to force quit the game as it gets stuck in the visual scripter. I have already lost hours and hours of progress due to this issue and now, simply put, it won't go away. Restarts fixed it once and now they don't.

image.thumb.png.a7211ccda5d3ca783b5d32648456b957.png

As you can see on this wonderful image, this happens every time I click on an entity. Entities that aren't even related cross over these empty boxes of nothing. The worst part is, even upon clicking into the entity that has info stored, those boxes with the clocks(??) still stay there. Unmoving, unwavering, taunting and laughing.

image.png.b6b533b22d606791e7f18ec14a74b384.png

image.thumb.png.502cc0ab45344982690ff13e83c4ff6a.png

Any input would be greatly appreciated as this is the furthest I have made it on a project of mine and now at this rate i'm just demotivated to even keep playing Ylands. This experience has just left me broken because during my time in quarantine this is what i've been focusing on.

Thank you!

No, I've never seen that before. But after this new update 1.2, Editor UI was updated and totally changed. Maybe is because of that. 

@Adam Snellgrove @TomasGestinger can you check this? 

Hey, that's a truly strange issue, if you can DM me and send me your game, I could check it and see what's happening. Sending output logs would be greatly appreciated as well. It could be related to changes we made to some logics but I don't have any idea yet, we'll have to investigate it further.

Yeah certainly. Next time it happens i'll post the save and all the logs for it.

@TomasGestinger here is the log files for today during my two reloads as well as the save game. This one is no longer in the old map I made. This is happening reliably on any new game I am creating under the new editor and everything.

I did notice something peculiar however. The issue seems to reliably start up if you create a human NPC (male or female) and change all their stats and gear and then use the eyedropper to put them in an Entity Template. This causes that weird clock to pop up and then starts spamming nonsense. I then noticed that when using the eyedropper it also creates a duplicate physical character INSIDE the original. They are standing inside each other. You can see this in the save file I attached.

See attached Broken Editor.zip to get both logs for today and the save file.

Broken Editor.zip

Thank you!

I think NPC'S are not meant to be on templates. I never used templates with npcs, I will try it out when I get to computer and I will try to see if I get the same problem. 

Well, if Tomas is already looking into this, he will help you out ?

Prior to the editor update using NPC's on templates worked flawlessly. NPC's are perfectly okay to be on templates as that is a majorly common way to create spawners and similar things

New update, upon testing I am noticing what also is causing this issue is editing particle effects on a weapon equipped to a character in the template.

EDIT : I have deduced that the cause of this bug is for sure* particle effects being used on any actor or an item attached to them (e.g. weapons). I noticed this after attempting to make unique weapons that would only spawn under certain circumstances. These weapons often had particle effects attached to make them even more unique. Whenever a boss had this item in their inventory as soon as a particle effect was added it would cause this issue. If I created a character with the custom weapon first and then copied them over it would still cause the same issue. I will attempt to get a video of this posted here by the end of today (Sunday 03/29).

Edited by Aplem

Thanks for all the info, a video would be great too. I'll send the files to our QA team, I'm sure they'll appreciate all your hard work.?

So we have figured out, what was going wrong and it should be fixed and rolled out in the next hotfix (hopefully around Easter) ?