Sign in to follow this  
Azazil00

Particle effects on thrown entities?

Is there currently any way to get particle effects to play on entities that are in the process of being launched due to the "Throw Entity" command?

10 hours ago, Azazil00 said:

Is there currently any way to get particle effects to play on entities that are in the process of being launched due to the "Throw Entity" command?

There is the particles effect template logic after this new update 1.2. 

Honestly I haven't tested it yet because I am working on something that else.

But from what was announced by the developers, yes it is possible. 

It's a new feature, so try it out.

Edited by jchob

I've tried applying a particle template to the entity in the entity template that is used in the "Throw Entity" command, but it only throws the entity without the particle effect attached. At this point, I'm not sure what else to do to get it to work

Hey, adding particles to thrown entities is not possible right now, but we're already working on it, thanks for the feedback. You can also try another approach with Spawn Entity and Follow instead of Throw, you should be able to add particle effects that way.

• Thanks 1

On 3/31/2020 at 5:53 AM, TomasGestinger said:

Hey, adding particles to thrown entities is not possible right now, but we're already working on it, thanks for the feedback. You can also try another approach with Spawn Entity and Follow instead of Throw, you should be able to add particle effects that way.

I appreciate the response. I think I'll just wait until it gets implemented with the "Throw Entity" command because I can't seem to get it to work with what I am doing. I'm trying to make a weapon that can shoot a projectile (an entity like an acacia sapling) out and have a particle effect attached to that entity when it is thrown. I've made a few weapons already that use the throw command to do this, but I'd like to give it that extra touch with particles. I tried using the Spawn Entity and the Follow command but I had some issues. I tried using a reference point/trigger zone that follow the player with an offset that puts it in front of the caster at all times. That part worked. I then tried to make the projectile that was spawned follow that reference point/trigger zone, but when I do, it spawns the entity, but it never moves and always says something needs to be animated. I made sure everything that I was working with was ticked for animated. I was using the "On attack" event too. I'm not sure what to do at this point but wait on the particle effects for the throw logic as I'm not too familiar with the way Follow works. Thank you though for the response, can't wait for the update.