Sign in to follow this  
jchob

Storageshttps://ylands.com/community/topic/27594-storages/

Hello there.

I think I'm not the only one who is thinking about this. 

Can we know what is the reason why we can't make compositions with global storages and/or entity storages? In my view of playing around with programming languages, a Global Storage acts like the void main() function of any game/software, etc etc, where you set up your game. 

I develop my scripts independent of any objects with instructions, so I can call them from whatever I want. 

Compositions works fine with other game logics. Example: I have compositions with game logics and instructions, no matter what map I place them, they will work. But the storages are "eliminated" and I have to rewrite all storages script tiles. And this makes my work harder.

Another example: someone asks me for help to make something, and of course I need to use global/entity storages. But then I can't send them the composition for them to implement on their map, because storages will be lost and my work is thrown down. 

Why labels, templates, etc works but not storages? 

Able us to composite with storages would make a team work flow even better. 

Hope it makes sense :)

Edited by jchob

Hello, global and entity storages can be saved to compositions just like any other logics. :) 
If you have trouble with saving them, please send us the scenario where this problem happens and we will check it out. :)

• Thanks 1

I know I can make compositions with storages, but if I place them in a map with a global storage already, the global storage from composition goes away. But maybe I'm wrong again? Oof, don't tell me it's the second time I make a mistake.. Last time I tried it wasn't working.. I think.. 

Having my nephew and niece at home Is driving me nuts and I can't sleep. I work at night and during day I have them making noise.

But one thing I'm sure, when when try to copy pieces of  code with storages tiles like add entity storage it says  "cannot copy scripts with storages" 

I will double check again. Sorry for the inconvenience ?

In some cases, global storages can merge together. That happens in the case that you place two same global storages to the scene, then they merge. :)