Indomitus

Suggestions for Playlands hub

Question

When playing in Playlands, sometimes there can be a long wait for the game queue to activate a game.  I know I'm not the only one who would pass the time climbing trees, or seeing what other places we could get to with parkour across the trees.  The Easter changes removed a few trees I frequently used to get onto the castle's balcony, but thankfully we can still get up the tall conifers on the hill behind it.

The sudden absence of that and the addition of the egg hunt really underscored to me that the Playlands hub could use a couple of basic activities or challenges inside that map.  It could be a simple parkour around the castle, or something like that.  I don't think it would need to be for points at all.  Just one or two things to challenge us and keep us occupied while we wait for the game queue.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 replies to this bug / suggestion

Definitely something we're considering now ? Parkour would be cool, but we're looking at ways to implement it ? Hopefully, we'll come up with something soon. Thanks for the suggestion ?

• Like 1

I saw a Facebook post a while ago revealing that someone had created a working arcade machine.

If the processing demand isn’t too high, maybe a few games of Snake would be a good way of passing the time!

it would also be useful to see if anyone was online before you popped in.  I would go more often if there were people there to play with, but it's a ghost town most of the time.

On 4/27/2020 at 12:40 PM, Deadeye_Rob said:

I saw a Facebook post a while ago revealing that someone had created a working arcade machine.

If the processing demand isn’t too high, maybe a few games of Snake would be a good way of passing the time!

The processing demand is high but we are working on some mini-mini-games for Playlands while people wait.

On 4/29/2020 at 8:29 AM, bojo2736 said:

it would also be useful to see if anyone was online before you popped in.  I would go more often if there were people there to play with, but it's a ghost town most of the time.

Yep, I suggested it to the devs and the UI guys are looking at ways of implementing this...