Deadeye_Rob

Watery Water: Your thoughts/Ideas?

Hey guys! What with recent events, I’ve been off Ylands for a good couple of months! But I’m slowly budgeting my evenings to play again! Nevertheless I’ve been keeping tabs on the updates and discussions.

I thought I’d throw my hat into the ring on the upcoming water features! This update has been a long-time must! :)

Im hoping to see some diverse aquatic life in this update and maybe a more detailed fishing mechanic (harpoons? Lobster cages)

On the construction side, I’ve already created assets that could be used for an underwater base including some designs based off the Bioshock franchise. I’m hoping that there will be the ability to create functioning Airlocks.

Lets remember, the majority of the average Exploration map is covered by water! This update needs to open up the way for exploration and colonisation!

what are your thoughts guys?

I want to see a way to use water in construction. Pools, ponds, fountains.

Lakes, rivers, waterfalls (which means different elevations and *seemingly* reacting to gravity), small single streams (like with a faucet), large single streams (like with a fire hose), etc.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bojo2736 said:

Different fish types.

Ooooh, fish tanks, I love it.  Goof thought on the different fish types.

I would like to see some proper water-physics. I would like to create a structure that is watertight and will be able to maintain a habitable space providing the structure doesn’t take any damage!

Id also like to see the inclusion of rivers and the ability to artificially create them.