Jimin Park

UNDER REVIEW [YLD-23689] Keep getting server launch error with ELEMENTARY server

Question

While waiting for Guton Forest to be fixed, I went and created a new Capture the Flag game. And this time whenever I try to launch the game in Elementary server, a lot of the times I get the following error screen.

image.thumb.png.190db8f3f7ce0db34d593f23430edf17.png

Please take a look at this as frustrated users are messaging me that they can't play the game.

One thing I am doing differently in this particular mini game is that I am creating exactly 4900 tiles of trigger zones during run time, at the start of the game launch.
I do this because I do not want to waste time laying 4900 tiles one by one manually in Editor. Once the tiles are created, game runs smoothly even with that many tiles (SO GOOD JOB YLANDS TEAM! your triggers are efficient. I'm impressed)
This makes it impossible to run the test run game in the Editor, I had to work around it by creating much smaller grids and test it that way.
Because of this long running tile generation at server launch, I am wondering if this launch error is simply a "Time Out" on server join attempt. But sometimes even after 20 mins, server doesn't get made.
Anyways, once the server is launched properly and 1st person is able to join, all the rest of the players can join properly.

I hope above observation helps. If you need source code (scenario) please DM me on Discord (Kurdiez#6222) and I will send you there.

Edited by Jimin Park

6 replies to this bug / suggestion

It could be the time out you mentioned, but we'll know for sure, if you send us the output_logs after this happens (because it will be stated there). You can find them here: \Program Files(86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Ylands\Ylands_Data

9 hours ago, Adam Snellgrove said:

It could be the time out you mentioned, but we'll know for sure, if you send us the output_logs after this happens (because it will be stated there). You can find them here: \Program Files(86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Ylands\Ylands_Data

Problem happenoutput_log_clean.txtoutput_log.txted again and here are the requested log files.

• Thanks 1

Thanks, looking into it. We'll also maybe need the file itself (game file) to check it out on our end. You can send that to me privately ?

I don't think this is a game specific issue so there's no need to send that in. Because this is happening in all of my other games as well. The solution is simply just keep trying until the server finally works. So might be some server initialization issue at start. The error message from the game is a bit ambiguous and confusing. Maybe server didn't fail to launch, maybe it is just busy too busy getting the game to launched.

@Adam Snellgrove Could we get this item marked as resolved for now? I have ran into this one many times but seems like it's just minor error message while you are waiting for the server to launch and initialize. If you keep trying within 1 minute or so you do get connected.