Adam Snellgrove

Dev Diary #128 - Underwater Adventures

Hey there Ylanders!

Your adventures on land are going to get even better with update 1.3 with the new rideable mounts letting you explore Ylands like never before, but there is yet another frontier, that will need proper exploring: The deep blue Sea!

image (24).png

With update 1.3 being called Watery Waters we would be amiss not to add a ton of new adventures into the beautiful blue waters of Ylands. For that, you’ll need proper equipment though. That’s why we’ve created some underwater scuba diving gear. There will be three types of air tank: Leather, Iron and Zirconium. Each will hold a different amount of oxygen. You can always refill the tanks when you’re above water, but beware the meter, when you’re below, because you don’t want to be caught out exploring an ancient ruin underwater when your oxygen runs out!

image (23).png

image (30).png

And there will be plenty to discover underwater, with loads of new Random Encounters to be featured in update 1.3, that will take you on many an adventure. I don’t want to spoil much, but let the pictures talk for themselves ?

image (27).png

image (25).png

image (29).png

There will be plenty more to do with water, but let’s keep something for other Dev Diaries ?

So until then, stay classy and stay safe Ylanders!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1.3 is planned for June right? My bday is 5th June, so, would be a great gift and a chance to get me back ??

• Upvote 2

Love the update this week guys! Great stuff. Might I suggest some kind of underwater scuba tank recharging station?

Oh and another thing that’s been negging me. Will water have their own set of physics?

To put it bluntly; will I be able to build an underwater base on the seabed that will maintain a watertight breathable interior?

My imagination would truly be tested if this would be possible!

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, bojo2736 said:

We need a way to defend against sharks in the water. Harpoon?

There'll be tons of additions to the underwater climate, but the world isn't ready for sharks yet ? (Also we're not ready with Sharks yet ? But when we are, we'll look into putting in underwater weapons too)

• Upvote 1

I've seen an harpoon game component in unity from a screenshot that a dev posted several months ago. So, it's planned ?

It feels really dark and not that magical yet. We need more lights, more glowing objects, something to make it feel as beautiful as the rest of Ylands.