Sign in to follow this  
incaptus3

Suggestions!!

Question

Hi! We are a little group of people from Chile, who playing the game think about some freatures to add in the game . We really love your game, and we are playing since the Steam release. We want see Ylands more mature and bigger!!!

So, we get started!!

Gameplay:

- Keep pressed the pick up button to take continuously the object in the floor. Then we can take material more quickly.

- The possibility to crouch. It can expand the possibilities at the time to build a house.

- Reload automatically ship cannons with the last ammo pressing "R".

- Maybe a sprint and walk button.

- The possibility to tame some farm animals and reproducing them. This can open the livestock and agriculture to new levels.

- Make electricity a bit more easier to reach.

- In the oven, foundry, etc, the possibility to out to cook 12 objects in one click, not going click by click to make 12 objects of the same type.

Ylands:

- Put some birds flying between Ylands. I really like the new way to find the Ylands, but the seagulls give some life to the travel.

- Maybe take a look to the ores places. A few in the surface for a quickly survive, and the big bounty in the caves.

- Add little and hard to find Ylands can add some fun (like secret Ylands can only be find by exploration). Can be a little boss there or a pirate base. Also can get again some relevance to the ships.

Building:

- The option to place objetc in the "V" mode and cannot be taken by mistake, like a decorate mode. Maybe a way to take them by a long press on the rigth mouse button.

- Disamble mode with hammer in hand, in first person view, with a long press in the right click mouse. In that way is too much easy take object in a wrong place.

Objects:

- Spyglass.

Multiplayer :

- Possibility to administrate barrier. For example: add player, give permissions, do a clan or a sharing space, etc

Thanks for the great game you made :) We take hours of fun playing it!!

P.D: Sorry for the english, is not our native languaje!

Edited by incaptus3
  • Like 2

2 replies to this bug / suggestion

Hey, thanks for the feedback! I'll send everything to the developers but as a quick response to some of your points: Gameplay changes like sprinting and crouching are very time-consuming to create but we're always looking for more improvements so they could appear somewhere in the future. Picking up more objects is a problematic thing but I'll look into it and taming animals is something we've already been asked about and the developers are aware.? 

Ore placement and resources are something we're trying to change, our first solution will be coming in the next update. Birds are a technical problem we have to solve first, adding any flying creatures is a big challenge, and a secret, hidden Yland is a really cool idea we could look into, we're working on map improvements so I'll see.?

Building suggestions and your feedback on the barrier are also greatly appreciated, we'd like to improve both for a smoother experience so we welcome everything you can give us. I'll be sure to send it all over to the devs.?

Stay safe, enjoy the game and don't worry about your English, you did great.? Let us know if you'll have any more ideas or questions.

@TomasGestinger if I remember correctly, sharing the barrier with friends was a topic when the social feature was announced to be in the game, back then. But most important about barrier, I think I can speak for the majority of us is to be able to make everything unpickable inside the barrier. 

As for flying birds, pick the old flying sharks and just change the mesh to a bird. Sorry, I had to make fun of it ? they were hilarious. And you know we all are awaiting the underwater new stuff and adventures and sharks to be back.

Edited by jchob