Keranara

Can't change weather locally for zone. Is it possible?

Hello. I trying to use " set weather at weather at position" but it is seems like weather change globally. I tried to use reference point, get player coordinates, and many other variations, but in all cases weather change globally. That was checked by console and with second player in multiplayer mode. Help me please! What I make wrong?  Somebody please, save my brain and say,  how to make it work right.

ok, possible I found where is my problem. It's looks like this function work only with archipelago (now I have no DLC and I can't try it). Then I have another question: is there any tool / option with which I will able to edit yland zones/range for usage with weather in place? I didn't found it, may be it will able if I will buy DLC? 

In my opinion you can change weather only globaly. You can´t use script for zones etc. But there is possibility to use share games? So you can travel to another world with different weather

Edited by bures.peter

you didn't understand me. I mean this command

image.png.714f57a49341227b4812d565b746552e.png

this option was added in update from 15 april 2019 and about this was comment from yland team programmer here so please don't say me what it is not possible=) 

• Thanks 1

There isnt something like "weather zone" if i know… Only Environment zone.
Thanks for that - i didnt know about this script.

2 hours ago, bures.peter said:

There isnt something like "weather zone" if i know… Only Environment zone.
Thanks for that - i didnt know about this script.

I understand so: such zone can be auto generated if create archipelago, that is, for each island will be created weather zone. But if I create empty or water world for make custom istlands I will not be able to make weather for each one. that's looks too sad....
For this reason I wrote question in second post of this topic

50 minutes ago, Keranara said:

I understand so: such zone can be auto generated if create archipelago, that is, for each island will be created weather zone. But if I create empty or water world for make custom istlands I will not be able to make weather for each one. that's looks too sad....

Ok - you will know more than me…
Good luck with solution

5 hours ago, Keranara said:

Pop in here and I can get you a copy of the DLC: https://discord.gg/GSVbPNj

DM me in discord once in :D 

Edited by RedEagle_P1.

You'll probably need the Archipelagos unlocked to make the weather effectively, but yes, with the logic tile shown it should be possible, though if you put two too close together, they'll start to overlap and weird stuff will happen (and probably break ?).

10 hours ago, Adam Snellgrove said:

You'll probably need the Archipelagos unlocked to make the weather effectively, but yes, with the logic tile shown it should be possible, though if you put two too close together, they'll start to overlap and weird stuff will happen (and probably break ?).

I'm sorry, but I didn't fully understand.... What do you mean when say about "logic tile shown ", is this a option for people with DLC on account which allow to see more what peoples without DLC? does this option help me to make custom islands in empty world with a custom weather (or a set of weather events) for each  single island?

I meant as in the logic tile shown earlier (the one under this messsage). But if you get the DLC, you can make the archipilago maps, where it is easier to make the custom weather, since you already have the Ylands at a reasonable distance that we know works.image.png.714f57a49341227b4812d565b746552e.png

On 5/26/2020 at 6:34 AM, Adam Snellgrove said:

though if you put two too close together, they'll start to overlap and weird stuff will happen (and probably break ?).

Ok, now I want to try to make thundersnow in Ylands.

Also, one thing, making islands yourself leads to HUGE file sizes which breaks the game when its used in multiplayer settings. I would avoid that unless they are tiny islands 5x5 human size.  

Edited by RedEagle_P1.

Hi, I would like to add just a few notes:

• Weather is not "local": you can not see visually part of the Yland in the rain and part of the Yland without clouds.
  • Each "Yland" have its own weather. (only Explore/archipelago maps have more than one "yland") When player gets near to the specific yland then it is changed visually for him (he will see same "weather" behind him)
  • There is "neutral weather zone" between Ylands -> so sailing one meter forward and backward will not change weather between 2 extreme weathers
  • "Set weather at" will change weather for Yland which center is closest to the specific point
  • Thanks 1

Thanks to Hope for the answer, that's all I wanted to know about  "set weather". 
Also thanks to everyone, who did not pass by, and tried to help me.