Jimin Park

How to fling off players on impact

I see in playgrounds games there is a boulder that comes down and if you are hit by it, you get flung off to the back.

How do you something like that? I see this happening also in car racing game where if you step on something you get bumped up to in the air and jump over obstacles.

14 minutes ago, Jimin Park said:

I see in playgrounds games there is a boulder that comes down and if you are hit by it, you get flung off to the back.

How do you something like that? I see this happening also in car racing game where if you step on something you get bumped up to in the air and jump over obstacles.

I thing by this: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Ylands_Tile_-_Vehicle_velocity (in Y vector) - try and tell me result please… ?
But on entity (no vehicle) try https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Ylands_Tile_-_Throw_entity - i dont try this, but can work... 

PS: BALANCE character abilities in your game before ? , your game is extremely unbalanced...

Edited by bures.peter

33 minutes ago, bures.peter said:

I thing by this: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Ylands_Tile_-_Vehicle_velocity (in Y vector) - try and tell me result please… ?
But on entity (no vehicle) try https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Ylands_Tile_-_Throw_entity - i dont try this, but can work... 

PS: BALANCE character abilities in your game before ? , your game is extremely unbalanced...

Ok I will try those tiles. I wonder if you can throw players themselves like that.

In what way do you mean classes are unbalanced? I played all of them for countless hours and they seem pretty fair. Maybe you did not use some of them correctly?

Edited by Jimin Park

(sorry for english) ...
Couse you can kill some class without chance. EG. I kill you like guardian ( "you play "countless hours") by "Ring" class which i play ONLY ( !!! ) 2 minutes… And UNBALANCED are all characters like this… 

This game play a lot of child, so unbalance is not distincly for them… But its true. Every your game class (which i tested) is unbalanced in each other… Like hunter vs rouge / ring vs guard etc...all of them… You wrote me - "like guardian i have another task…" Lol? You have task be killed? …

Balance your game...

Edited by bures.peter

I will have to disagree with you on that.

The objective of this game is not about killing each other mindlessly. This game is about pushing the payload.

For example the duel we had between you and me, Guardian vs. Ring, Guardian has -20% run speed and therefore it is not designed to chase after people. Instead Guardian has a massive ultimate skill that sucks all enemies towards him. This can be combo'ed with other teammates like Grenadier's Keg Bomb. It's like combining Zarya and Hanzo's ultimate together in Overwatch game.

Again, my argument is this game is not about 1on1 dueling. It is about teamwork and pushing the payload. Have you had a good game with 5on5 with people who know what they are doing? When that happens, the game is actually fun to play right now.

If you want to look at balance, you need to look at team compositions.
- Turtle team (Full Defense) : Guardian, Soul Blade, Torch Runner, Healer, Beast Master
- Dive team (Full Offense): Healer, Ring, SoulBlade, Ninja, Grenadier
Now you can compare which team wins more and see where the unbalance is. This is how Overwatch always balances their game. Based on team compositions, not individual characters. And also, if one composition is unbalanced, the game is still balanced because the other team can switch to exact same characters as your team to have mirror match. This is why again Overwatch allows players to play all characters in both teams. Otherwise game becomes way too difficult to balance.

If I want to make just 1on1 fighting game, I will make it as a different game, not this one. This one is a team work payload pushing game.

Edited by Jimin Park

You dont understand. If i´ll in a team that try stop "payload" i choose classes which u cant kill (like healer+ring etc.) and you can not win! You cant move "payload" and kill me at the same time. If you try kill me, i will kill you by unbeatable class. If you try move payload i kill you on "payload". You cant WIN! Its same with 1v1 / 2v2 / 3v3 couse YOUR GAME HAS UNBEATABLE classes. Your game look like "balanced" with more players online, but it inst. Players are noobs only and game looks like balanced now…

If you want have balanced game - you must not have unbeatable class. You must have beatable classes by everybody, or by team. This is not true now...

Edited by bures.peter

I disagree with you. There are no character combos that are unbeatable if you have to play near the payload. If you run away and try to survive, yes you can be unbeatable but you will lose the game. Have you played Overwatch? Nobody can kill Tracer if Tracer just runs away. But if you run, you will lose the match.

It sounds like you have not played my game with other skilled players. Guardian + Grenadier combo will kill everyone near the payload, there is no unbeatable characters when that happens. Also good Ninjas with proper jump attack + Death Jump(R) skill will almost one shot you. Healer + Ring combo is not gonna save you. I have a feeling you are judging my game based on very little game play and did not play with many skilled players yet.

You are free to think the game is unbalanced. You already told me you will never play my game because it's not for you anyway. It's ok I don't want everyone to like my game. Only people who enjoy team based pvp should enjoy.

For me, I still believe my game isn't that unbalanced yet. For now it feels good to play team fights. Later when more skilled players continue to play and I see that team composition is really becoming unbalanced, then I will fix it.

I would like to stop the discussion here with you on my game balance. You think it's unbalanced. I think it is balanced enough. I think we can disagree and it's ok.

Edited by Jimin Park

I say if i try stop "payload". So This team who want move payload loss match every time…
And yes...i play 10 min and i kill all players (you too). And are you skilled? You hit me two times. If you try win game, you lost "EVERY TIME with "payload"! EVERYTIME.

But Ok - you thing, game is balanced....

In Overwatch, I can also go kill people in 1-2 shots if the team is not working together. Do you feel that Overwatch is an unbalanced game? Because I can tell you, a pro player can go kill entire 6 people team alone. Is that unbalanced? No, if you are good, you can kill entire team by yourself with any character in Overwatch. 

The problem with my game is not it is unbalanced. The real problem is there is no match making system to put similarly skilled players to a match.

But if you are arguing about unbalance? then I will disagree with you for now.

Edited by Jimin Park

Overwatch...Overwatch...Overwatch......why you write about Overwatch? 

I play your game (10 minutes) and kill all with one class (you too!!) ...If you thing this is balance, OK....your game is balanced…

How long you play this (your) game if novice player can kill you with 10 minutes experience? Are you "skilled" if i (novice) kill you extremely easy?

Edited by bures.peter

I say Overwatch because I copied Payload game from there and I rather follow how that game feels than listen to you for balance changes which doesn't make sense to me.

Hey man, I already said let's stop discussing about my game. I am free to do whatever I want with my game. I heard your opinion and I disagree. You are not making my game. I am making my game. You can go and make your own balanced game. Let me know when you finish your game. I will join and play and see how balanced your game is. You make it first and let's see how it feels.

Edited by Jimin Park

I say you my opinion how to improve your game, and if you dont care about this, its your problem. You dont accept suggestion about improve balance...your problem...Well, have a good fun with this...

My game is Sky Battleground by the way. But now i stop progress, couse game (Ylands) is bugged. I waiting for repair by Ylands team.

I try play rouge now...after 15s of game i was under texture….Repair vanish… dont use that set position script on rugged terrain...

Edited by bures.peter

Ok maybe it's my problem but I am fine with it so stop talking about it. I heard you. Enough is enough. Like I said we are grown ups and we can disagree.

And the Ninja problem is known issue. I am waiting for Ylands team to allow me to get direction vector of the camera.

If this is not provided by Ylands team in the near future, I will have to think about a way to change the skill for the Ninja class.

i can kill hunter with ninja without any hit from hunter...another class unbalanced...

Well if they're all unbalanced, then...they are balanced in their ubalancness? ? Anyway, I for one really like the Guton Forest and if you're ever worried about balance or any other aspect of the game @Jimin Park, let us know and we can give it a whirl here in the offices and provide feedback ? 

@Adam Snellgrove Yeah thanks. That would really help to have you guys just test it out. I just wish the unbalance accusations would stop as it makes it look like my team isn't doing our job testing the game (it's currently a team of 1 scripter and 2 modellers now). But I guess I will have to get used to this lol Anyways we are probably 20-30% done. I would say another 2 months and we should be finished.

Edited by Jimin Park
  • Like 1

This is it. I get feedbeck eg. "Rink class is overpowered". Jimmy say - "NO IT ISNT - all classes are perfectly balanced!!". And after that, i kill him and he do 20 dmg? I play "ring class 2 minute and he play Guardian … who know? 5 hours? 10 ours? And than he say - it is not "unbalace" it is my game...

My feedback is same -> balance more your classes please, dont close your eyes about that. Thats all...Game is good, fun, etc. 
(i get him advice about scripting earlier by the way )

I hate english language… ! :D

Edited by bures.peter

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Ylands_Tile_-_Character_velocity 

This is it