Sign in to follow this  
Hunter-Over-Fire

More Pve/p based scripting options

I am talking about making kill counts simple as all get out.  One thing I need is an "on damage received" event trigger for a spawn location or a role so that I can get players to play an emote and teleport away on damage easier.  Another thing would be having a "trigger object" detector on the on death event in a spawn point or role.  This would be for detecting who or what killed you easier.  Another would be an "on damage" trigger event for a ranged weapon so that I could mark hits easier.  If you can't carry out any of these tasks, then thank you for listening. 

Play my game "Sky Battlegrounds". I have all of that. 

Look into Event Listeners.

To detect PvP damage, use interaction of 2 entities, and set both objects to player.  There's an On Damage, On Kill, and a few other choices, I think.  Those events will give you both entities involved, plus I think the amount of damage, and type of damage (crushing, piercing, fire, etc).  Play with it, and see what information it gives you.  Try different things in different combinations, and so on.  To negate damage if it's a type they're immune to for example (if it's not one-shot fatal) just add the amount back to the player's HP.  (You can also just set immunity directly, but sometimes there are other things to calculate in.)

My basic advice to anyone using the Editor is this:  Just like with the regular game mode, it pays to EXPLORE.  Try weird things and weird combinations, sit back and watch the magic.

Edited by Indomitus
  • Thanks 1

What Indomitus said is right. 

Also, on player role, you have a "on death" event. There is also a event "on attack range". To summarize, all events you referred are offered to you in editor. 

Check the events given at entities and game logics. And of course, the Event Listener gives you a lot of events to play with. ?