Killer Albino

Blueprints, updates plus infinite and beyond...

Question

Hello Ylandevs, my name is Bernardo and I return to contact you with some questions and suggestions.

1º Blueprints.

Being able to record your favorite house model to be able to build on the next server, or that super cool pirate boat that you made by hand to be able to show to your friends and sail with them is a fantastic function and it is very good that it could become a reality (despite my attempts at blueprints on my pirate boats made in the exploration did not work for some reason, only the sails, doors and chests were saved (I would like to understand what went wrong)).

Okay, it may not be possible to make blueprints of things created in the creative so that people have to buy the blueprints from the store, however, if this reasoning is in fact the reason for the impossibility, this is a big shot in the foot. Because it limits the sharing of what is the great moral of the game, creativity. I strongly suggest that, in the future, we be able to make blueprints of creations in creative mode.

2º To infinite and beyond!

Yesterday I decided to do a test that maybe can explain many things. Currently, the size of the islands and the number of them in the world is a big technical limitation for you, and reducing the number of islands (as much as it has reduced the fun of the game) has made it more stable in terms of frames. However, in my test I verified that the world is of INFINITE size if we dig down. I was digging with the drilling for about 10 minutes and I couldn't find the end, just an infinite dirt tunnel above.

Why not create a depth limit and increase the horizontal limit of the world? would that be possible? I strongly started to ask myself "maybe this is what prevents them from making a bigger sum, since carrying that ridiculous amount of land down must be a difficult task ...".

3º Continuous evolution.

Updates that change the game in "structural" terms (example the addition of stranded boats and underwater treasures) are they implemented in existing games? Or every time the game undergoes an update that modifies structures or adds new structures, is it necessary to start over if the player wishes to experience these changes with his friends? I wonder if this will be even more necessary when the water update comes, by the way, do we have an approximate date that is more consistent for that? I just know, by a previous answer from Tomas Gestinger, that it will be later that year.

4º AI

With these new additions to the behavior of artificial intelligence, is it possible to imagine that, at some point in the future, we will have bots that actually threaten our survival? (like pirates patrolling the seas and Vikings who try to dominate an island from time to time) I know it must be a complicated task but even Tomas Gestinger also told me that they are always working on artificial intelligence and I see that they are making good progress, which is exciting.

5º Infos

More information on the items we find and or we do would be cool, so we could have more knowledge regarding the functions they can perform, and what else they can be used for.

6º No break.

Durability of items, we will have the return of the need to remanufacture items and repair them due to wear and tear?

7º Hold ma beer!

Drinks... Will we have the advent of drinking and making them? At the moment, in terms of drinks in the game, I can only think of the cut dry coconut, and its animation is of food and not drink itself. It would be nice to have Coffee, Tea, Chimarrão (typical drink already suggested earlier) Beer and all its interesting world of creation ...

8º Free from the right button.

This is very important ... A VERY LEGAL part of the game is the ability we have to place items in "free-placing mode". This allows for a lot of customization and creativity for "interior design" so to speak, among other things. Would it be possible to create an option that, when selected, would make it possible to permanently fix blocks placed in "free-placing mode"? Similar to the "construction mode" system?

That would be really cool because we wouldn't be able to mess up our decorations by right-clicking on things we don't want to move. (example: dishes on a counter, knives in a cutlery, lamps on a wall) ...

9º More flying animals

10º Sharks?

11º Inventory bag...

12º "TAKE ALL" BUTTON we NEED it! (I wont break my mouse right button when taking wood from the ground)

Please consider all of this. And thanks a lot for being participatory : D Wanted other gaming companies to follow your example. Stay safe.

Bernardo Maffessoni

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 replies to this bug / suggestion

6 hours ago, Killer Albino said:

Hello Ylandevs, my name is Bernardo and I return to contact you with some questions and suggestions.

1º Blueprints.

Being able to record your favorite house model to be able to build on the next server, or that super cool pirate boat that you made by hand to be able to show to your friends and sail with them is a fantastic function and it is very good that it could become a reality (despite my attempts at blueprints on my pirate boats made in the exploration did not work for some reason, only the sails, doors and chests were saved (I would like to understand what went wrong)).

Okay, it may not be possible to make blueprints of things created in the creative so that people have to buy the blueprints from the store, however, if this reasoning is in fact the reason for the impossibility, this is a big shot in the foot. Because it limits the sharing of what is the great moral of the game, creativity. I strongly suggest that, in the future, we be able to make blueprints of creations in creative mode.

Yesterday I decided to do a test that maybe can explain many things. Currently, the size of the islands and the number of them in the world is a big technical limitation for you, and reducing the number of islands (as much as it has reduced the fun of the game) has made it more stable in terms of frames. However, in my test I verified that the world is of INFINITE size if we dig down. I was digging with the drilling for about 10 minutes and I couldn't find the end, just an infinite dirt tunnel above.

Why not create a depth limit and increase the horizontal limit of the world? would that be possible? I strongly started to ask myself "maybe this is what prevents them from making a bigger sum, since carrying that ridiculous amount of land down must be a difficult task ...".

3º Continuous evolution.

Updates that change the game in "structural" terms (example the addition of stranded boats and underwater treasures) are they implemented in existing games? Or every time the game undergoes an update that modifies structures or adds new structures, is it necessary to start over if the player wishes to experience these changes with his friends? I wonder if this will be even more necessary when the water update comes, by the way, do we have an approximate date that is more consistent for that? I just know, by a previous answer from Tomas Gestinger, that it will be later that year.

4º AI

With these new additions to the behavior of artificial intelligence, is it possible to imagine that, at some point in the future, we will have bots that actually threaten our survival? (like pirates patrolling the seas and Vikings who try to dominate an island from time to time) I know it must be a complicated task but even Tomas Gestinger also told me that they are always working on artificial intelligence and I see that they are making good progress, which is exciting.

5º Infos

More information on the items we find and or we do would be cool, so we could have more knowledge regarding the functions they can perform, and what else they can be used for.

6º No break.

Durability of items, we will have the return of the need to remanufacture items and repair them due to wear and tear?

7º Hold ma beer!

Drinks... Will we have the advent of drinking and making them? At the moment, in terms of drinks in the game, I can only think of the cut dry coconut, and its animation is of food and not drink itself. It would be nice to have Coffee, Tea, Chimarrão (typical drink already suggested earlier) Beer and all its interesting world of creation ...

This is very important ... A VERY LEGAL part of the game is the ability we have to place items in "free-placing mode". This allows for a lot of customization and creativity for "interior design" so to speak, among other things. Would it be possible to create an option that, when selected, would make it possible to permanently fix blocks placed in "free-placing mode"? Similar to the "construction mode" system?

That would be really cool because we wouldn't be able to mess up our decorations by right-clicking on things we don't want to move. (example: dishes on a counter, knives in a cutlery, lamps on a wall) ...

9º More flying animals

10º Sharks?

11º Inventory bag...

12º "TAKE ALL" BUTTON we NEED it! (I wont break my mouse right button when taking wood from the ground)

Please consider all of this. And thanks a lot for being participatory : D Wanted other gaming companies to follow your example. Stay safe.

Bernardo Maffessoni

"Legal", i meant "fun, awesome, cool" (I forgot to revise this term translated from Portuguese)

"that year" i meant 2020

On 5/28/2020 at 8:52 PM, Killer Albino said:

1º Blueprints.

3º Continuous evolution.

4º AI

5º Infos

6º No break.

7º Hold ma beer!

9º More flying animals

10º Sharks?

11º Inventory bag...

Bernardo Maffessoni

1. For creativity we really aim it all at the Editor. Where you can make compositions. And if you put a composition on aap, you can then jump in and possibly make a blueprint.

But sharing compositions is fully supported and will not change in the future ?

2. I think I answered this somewhere else, but yeah, we are working on expandable Exploration.

3. Some things (like water improvements, AI features etc.) do get implemented on old maps, but most things do need a restart (like new Random Encounters and others. Unfortunately no plans to change that anytime soon.

4. We are always improving the AI and right now we are working on AI being able to shoot, so other improvements are possible and probable.

5. We are working on having tooltips on every item in Exploration and every script in the Editor, but it is a long process.

6. I don't think this is planned at the moment, but might reappear later.

7. Can't have alcohol in game, but we do have potions ? And I'd love drinkable tea in the game, will ask Devs of possible.

8. We are thinking of a way to glue stuff down, but not a prioritzly at the moment.

9. There are a few in the works ?

10. Ah Sharks, our Nemesis ? Still working on those and they really are problematic, so don't hold your breath yet.

11. Yes, this will be a thing, just have to get around to creating it ?

12. The trouble is, that there is a lot of stuff lying around and it would break a bit by picking up all that stuff. Devs not keen on this feature I'm afraid.

Thank you so much for your questions, they are greatly appreciated and for your suggestions ?? Keep them coming.

16 hours ago, Adam Snellgrove said:

1. For creativity we really aim it all at the Editor. Where you can make compositions. And if you put a composition on aap, you can then jump in and possibly make a blueprint.

But sharing compositions is fully supported and will not change in the future ?

2. I think I answered this somewhere else, but yeah, we are working on expandable Exploration.

3. Some things (like water improvements, AI features etc.) do get implemented on old maps, but most things do need a restart (like new Random Encounters and others. Unfortunately no plans to change that anytime soon.

4. We are always improving the AI and right now we are working on AI being able to shoot, so other improvements are possible and probable.

5. We are working on having tooltips on every item in Exploration and every script in the Editor, but it is a long process.

6. I don't think this is planned at the moment, but might reappear later.

7. Can't have alcohol in game, but we do have potions ? And I'd love drinkable tea in the game, will ask Devs of possible.

8. We are thinking of a way to glue stuff down, but not a prioritzly at the moment.

9. There are a few in the works ?

10. Ah Sharks, our Nemesis ? Still working on those and they really are problematic, so don't hold your breath yet.

11. Yes, this will be a thing, just have to get around to creating it ?

12. The trouble is, that there is a lot of stuff lying around and it would break a bit by picking up all that stuff. Devs not keen on this feature I'm afraid.

Thank you so much for your questions, they are greatly appreciated and for your suggestions ?? Keep them coming.

Very good! Thanks for the answers, Adam!

1st I'm not sure what an aap composition is.

2nd I ended up not looking for when I found out and coming straight to tell. (but thinking now, obviously other people should have figured it out before me). But anyway, it is something that intrigues me a lot and that should be a big limiter, or not? (I don't understand anything about creating games).

4th Wow this will be cool. ?

5th This might be a job for an intern (I know cus I am one, and they only send me guts ?).

7th Ahhh, without beer ?? Even if it is without alcohol? ashuihas kidding.

8th Right! it would be very, very great if it came to the game soon.

10th Since sharks are a big mega super problem, so maybe other non-hostile sea creatures are more possible, like turtles, whales or dolphins. Some visible fish too ? (just ideas, since the sea has treasures, now it needs life ...)

12 Hmmmm, no bueno... (my friend who understands a bit IT even created a script for automatic rightmousebuttn clicking, to make his life easier when harvesting wood)

See ya!