Adam Snellgrove

Update 1.3: Watery Water

Ylands_U1-3_SocialMedia_1920x1080.png

Summer is fast approaching (or departing, depending on your location) - so we would like to invite you for an unforgettable seaside adventure, in our latest update: Update 1.3 Watery Waters.

Dive deep into the sea of content we have stuffed this update with, ranging from deep-sea exploration to Editor improvements, additions and overall fixes. Whether you are a die-hard exploration fan or a renowned Creator - there is something for everyone in this update.

So grab your swimsuits and snorkels - let's dive in! 

Screen_diving01_full.png

Update 1.3 - Watery Water - major features

• Brave the depths: strap on the new scuba gear and explore the many random encounters we have sprinkled the sea floors with. Discover wreckages of old cargo ships (and alien saucers), monuments from a bygone era or a secret botanical facility.

• Renewable resources: for those brave enough to conquer the depths, these new encounters provide a source of renewable resources - eliminating the late-game resource deficit.

• Water is your playground: use the new water volume tool in the Editor to create your very own puddles or lakes.

• My other horse is an ostrich: almost every existing creature can now be tamed, ridden and some even harvested. Not only these beautiful new beasts of burden are marvellous to look at, some of them can be "persuaded" to part with their home-grown, organic milk & wool.

• The world is your tapestry: mould the land to your liking with our brand new terraforming tools - making it easier than ever to sculpt the landscape.

• You're basic: you don't have to be remarkable to get recognized. Unlock your true building potential with our new basic shapes - available in the Editor.

• V for Visual: Visual Scripting received a visually pleasing visual overhaul

• Just the tip of the iceberg: we've also added a host of other new features, improvements and bug fixes to the game - please refer to the changelog for a detailed list or just discover them while playing the game!

src_1_3_AnimalRiding_4K.png

So there you have it Ylanders! It certainly is pretty exciting and we can't wait, what you'll think of our new Watery world ? There are still many improvements in the works, but we have to keep something for future updates ?

So have fun and stay classy Ylanders!

Changelog: https://ylands.com/community/topic/27925-13-watery-water/

• Like 4

Hello
I have been waiting for this update for weeks and the truth is that I am very disappointed?, ignoring the sweet tooth like the wooden golem, the in-game fixes and other objects and decorations.
New terrain editing systems leave a lot to be desired, not only do they reduce the chances of creating different types of terrain, but they are much more cumbersome and slow to work with, and the water doesn't seem to be able to adjust properly. Even if we want to smooth the terrain, it is now very difficult to achieve a smooth, stepped surface that fits properly in the water.
It is also not possible to raise the terrain naturally as before with the flatten tool. The same for the option to lower the terrain that was previously possible with the same tool.
For ocean terrain it is not possible to edit it yet, is it something that will come back or has it been removed forever?
So I wonder if Ylands ended up being a game only for mobile phones.
Sincerely, as a PC player I feel that more and more things are taken from us for the benefit of mobile gaming only.?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Spyler.X said:

Hello
I have been waiting for this update for weeks and the truth is that I am very disappointed?, ignoring the sweet tooth like the wooden golem, the in-game fixes and other objects and decorations.
New terrain editing systems leave a lot to be desired, not only do they reduce the chances of creating different types of terrain, but they are much more cumbersome and slow to work with, and the water doesn't seem to be able to adjust properly. Even if we want to smooth the terrain, it is now very difficult to achieve a smooth, stepped surface that fits properly in the water.
It is also not possible to raise the terrain naturally as before with the flatten tool. The same for the option to lower the terrain that was previously possible with the same tool.
For ocean terrain it is not possible to edit it yet, is it something that will come back or has it been removed forever?
Sincerely, as a PC player I feel that more and more things are taken from us for the benefit of mobile gaming only.?

Everything what was possible with old terrain tools is still doable, but there now more control over how it is done, so It can take some time to familiarize with new options.

As for flatten, try checking the "snap angles" checkbox, which will allow you to use it as you were used to :) And we are not done improving yet, so expect more new tools :)

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Spyler.X said:

Hello

It definitely wasn't our intention to make the terrain tool less powerful and in fact we find it much better than before (switching to a 2D paintbrush, more variation with intensity, direction locking etc.) but that is definitely also down to preference. But do write to me (you can DM or on Discord) your major problems with it and we'll look into it, if that's something we can improve.

• Thanks 2

On 6/16/2020 at 4:52 PM, Rudy.cz said:

Everything what was possible with old terrain tools is still doable, but there now more control over how it is done, so It can take some time to familiarize with new options.

As for flatten, try checking the "snap angles" checkbox, which will allow you to use it as you were used to :) And we are not done improving yet, so expect more new tools :)

I've been testing terrain editing for a while, the angle adjustment feature didn't seem to have any effect?. And I also haven't managed to create a flat surface in a comfortable way as it sets a slant angle very easily and there is no option for it to always be flat.
In any case, I don't think the new functions are bad in themselves, as they allow some things that previously took a lot of time, but I think it would be better as a complementary tool to what we already had, it was really possible to create anything, quickly if you have the right technique.

And I will continue testing maybe as you say I need to adapt, but it was really very frustrating the first contact

On 6/16/2020 at 4:58 PM, Adam Snellgrove said:

It definitely wasn't our intention to make the terrain tool less powerful and in fact we find it much better than before (switching to a 2D paintbrush, more variation with intensity, direction locking etc.) but that is definitely also down to preference. But do write to me (you can DM or on Discord) your major problems with it and we'll look into it, if that's something we can improve.

I will try more and I will let you know if any option is not possible or if on the contrary I am wrong and I have rushed?

I'm not really sure if I like the new editor tiles visuals. But on the other hand, and I speak for myself, I can read the letters much better now ??? thanks

As for the other things I still have to find whats new ?

• Like 1