bojo2736

RESOLVED [YLD-24764] On range attack

Partly due to the sleep bug, and also I like to be able to check lighting in my builds, I usually build guns to change time and weather in game.

I used to do this using the visual scripting command "on range attack."

This command does not seem to exist any more.

Where did it go? And how do I script this now?

Hi,

should be still there. Maybe there is a new translation text for it? It is called "On attack ranged" in English version. In Event listener it is in Player Action category.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Houp said:

Hi,

should be still there. Maybe there is a new translation text for it? It is called "On attack ranged" in English version. In Event listener it is in Player Action category.

@Houp she is correct. Shotguns (what she uses for that), don't have on range attack anymore. But bows still have that event (in the entity itself, clucking edit script). 

Need a fix for it

• Thanks 1

@Houp I was trying to use the rifles this morning.

Could you build an admin command in the console commands to set time and weather?

I see. It is not in fire arms scripts. This was not intended.

12 hours ago, bojo2736 said:

@Houp I was trying to use the rifles this morning.

Could you build an admin command in the console commands to set time and weather?

This is not planed at the moment but never say never. (in custom games you can do it easily with custom commands)

On 6/18/2020 at 9:17 AM, Houp said:

I see. It is not in fire arms scripts. This was not intended.

This is not planed at the moment but never say never. (in custom games you can do it easily with custom commands)

The point is to have a standard explore map. As you know, you can have create a standard exploration with simple scripts (without using game logics, because they do not work unless it is a editor map). 

Bows still have the "on range attack" event but I haven't try it since 1.3. But I guess they would work anyway. 

Why that event was taken from ranged guns? ??