FavoryPluto

Covid Relief Building Contest -- $100 prize!

COVID RELIEF BUILDING CONTEST

What if we came together to build awesome builds & make the world a better place!

@RedEagle_P1.  said: "I will donate $5 to charity (Coivd relief) for every photo submission of in-progress work up to $100." And more of us are likely to join him!!

?THE GOAL

Create a custom build that provides entertainment to explore players, contains some form of a challenge or a small puzzle. Maybe a floating island? A treasure in a tower full of hungry beasts? Mythical sword hidden in a cave temple? That is all up to your own fantasy!

To be clear this is a building competition, no script needed. If you have a vision for a code, puzzle function for your build, it's always a +. We can help with that and we highly encourage you to build with future code in mind.

!PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS COMPETITION IS NOT SPONSORED OR ORGANIZED BY BOHEMIA INTERACTIVE!

?THE PRIZES

?1.st    50 USD 
?2.nd   30USD
?3.rd    20USD  

?RULES

Understand that you are building a ruin for people to visit on a explore server. Each ruin should fit with the biome it's in & have a relevant prize:

1️⃣Choose the biome your ruin will fit in:

- Tundra
- Polar
- Etc.

2️⃣ Choose the prize people will get:

-Weapon with special color/effect
- Rare building materials
-Etc.

3️⃣Download a composition HERE to see the maximum allowed size or place down 14 4x4 marble blocks.

Avoid excessive violence, sexual themes, horror, NSFW content.

Don't make something massive, keep it simple, fun and not-laggy. Too many blocks cause lag. Weld objects to reduce lag.

Cannot use Ylands workshop assets or prior-made content.

? DEADLINE

09.08 - 10 PM CST time zone.

Submit by using THIS LINK. + Don't forget to reply I'm in right under this post!!

?JUDGING

We will host an online streaming event, where we will vote the winners together! ?

?CONNECT WITH US

We are always happy to answer your questions below this post or on our DISCORD, where building tutorials and advices are also shared!!!

?LEGAL

Anything you submit in the competition via the official link in order to win the prize will require a copyright transfer as we will be putting it all in one big server for everyone to enjoy

Spoiler

I, @FavoryPluto cannot win the competition. I can help you with questions and tell you if I think the build has a chance to win or not. We will require the full name and address of the person we pay the prize money to. We cannot pay people who live under Canadian sanctions. Anyone from any nation can enter, no purchase necessary. P1Gaming and not Tencent or Bohemia Interactive are responsible for this competition. YLANDS and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s."

Edited by FavoryPluto
formating

It would be great to rally the whole community together to combat what's going on in the world right now. If you have a suggested charity, please post it. I really would prefer to help the 3rd world if that is ok. 

I would also like to invite others to join me in donating $100 each to help those in need. With up to 70 people sharing one toilet in India's slums, Covid is sure to spread. If you have not been abroad it's hard to see how good we have it sometimes. Just imagine, 70 people sharing one washroom. The last thing people in need deserve is to have the fear of contracting Covid in such places. 

I'll be donating $5 per screenshot of progress (anything 30 blocks or more in progress) as you build! 4 max per person so invite a friend :D Feel free to "submit" photos by replying here. 

Edited by RedEagle_P1.

G'day Pluto/Red, 

ahh what a fantastic idea this is. Everyone is going through a tough time at the moment. Just a quick question, if I join and somehow win would I be able to donate to an animal charity? Unfortunately after the huge fires that hit Australia followed by the virus they're not getting as much support as they should.
As you mentioned not too big, i'd like rough dimensions of what you're after please. haha 14x4 marble block size, I really need to learn to read.

Happy Friday all :) 

Edited by Indian Chief
I can't read!
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Indian Chief said:

G'day Pluto/Red, 

ahh what a fantastic idea this is. Everyone is going through a tough time at the moment. Just a quick question, if I join and somehow win would I be able to donate to an animal charity? Unfortunately after the huge fires that hit Australia followed by the virus they're not getting as much support as they should.
As you mentioned not too big, i'd like rough dimensions of what you're after please. haha 14x4 marble block size, I really need to learn to read.

Happy Friday all :) 

Ya, if you win the funds we will send it to your paypal and you can donate it however you like or have us do that for ya. Either way! 

I think helping out Australia would be awesome! Let's keep those ciders so the next generation can enjoy them! 

14x14 in the large marble block:

9af843e259c14c5d62a24bac41a8ecb6.png
https://gyazo.com/9af843e259c14c5d62a24bac41a8ecb6

No longer in, just seen yo's amazing build. Thanks though guys :)

Edited by Indian Chief

I'm in

I'm not sure what i'm going to make yet but i'll figure something out along the way. 

Also,

Cheering for ya Chief!!! 

21 hours ago, Indian Chief said:

No longer in, just seen yo's amazing build. Thanks though guys :)

Its not about winning, each person's progress helps charity and the final result will all be brought together on a server :D

ahh appreciate the prep talk... but I just can't do the free placing like everyone else can sadly. If you want my hunk of junk build I can still send it through.
Ylands_200710_182627.thumb.png.833aabbc27c49a54e7102a867dca073e.png 

On 7/10/2020 at 9:05 PM, Indian Chief said:

ahh appreciate the prep talk... but I just can't do the free placing like everyone else can sadly. If you want my hunk of junk build I can still send it through.
Ylands_200710_182627.thumb.png.833aabbc27c49a54e7102a867dca073e.png 

$5 will be donated! 

Black parts will be covered by a mountain. Not sure if this is up your ally or not, but yo said he can make logs spin. So I always wanted to have a little maze. Still w.i.p but wanting to know if I should continue?

Ylands_200711_180057.thumb.png.c127c956faf5a1c7eab909c13ecce0e2.pngYlands_200711_193652.thumb.png.885b8df2ebd65997da3f58723cb08f75.pngYlands_200713_111115.thumb.png.495679a5599d0987d9fd18fa465e8ea6.pngYlands_200713_114426.thumb.png.8ca7481f143b3645be68ddcec6e2dac4.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Mello1223 said:

after a while, back in the editor

Ylands 14. 7. 2020 21_43_04.png

Ylands 14. 7. 2020 21_20_56.png

Amazing!  That looks awesome!

2 hours ago, ApexReaper - Gaming said:

20200710120912_1.jpg

20200714095938_1.jpg

Very cute!

If i can't finish the whole dragon in time, let's just pretend the rest of the bones are buried! ?

20200730031822_1.jpg

• Like 5