Marci Magyar

Dev Diary #142 - Experimental Build (and Ales)

Hey there, fellow ylanders!

Adam is enjoying his well-deserved vacation, but the Ylands machine never stops...

Firstly there is a new Project Lead on the block, which happens to be Ales Ulm. Many of you probably know him - he has a long history with Ylands after all. He was there from its very beginning and even held the position of Project Lead in the past.

Even though everyone is now probably extremely interested in finding out more about him and feel, that this information is what they have been subconsciously looking for their whole lives, we have more important things to discuss and I know that as soon as we release 1.4, Ales will time to present his visions to you fully.

Ok, so you want to know at least something? What does his return to the Project Lead position mean for Ylands?

Firstly, we immediately started fixing Exploration and making it once again about... well... exploration. And playing with friends. And sailing. And that other thing. If everything goes right, you should see the first (quite huge) change already in 1.5. and you will see that Exploration is anything but dead.

Also, we will now pay significantly more attention to testing. Not only we are taking more time with it, but this week, we plan to make the first Experimental version of the game available for all.

CreatorCompetition_Experimental_FHD_Logo.png

These Experimental Builds will be released roughly two weeks before a new update release. This time it will be PC Steam only, but with next major updates, other platforms will have this special version as well. If you are a creator dying to see the new features first and provide us with feedback (especially if you see something wrong with your existing game) you're more than welcome to give it a try! :)

To find more information about this Experimental version, please follow this link

There is so much more we want to talk to you about. So many plans and so many cool things happening... but we now have to fully focus on delivering 1.4 in the best shape possible. I will definitely talk to you again soon. And until then... stay classy, ylanders!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I'm so excited for new "exploration" because it's only mode what I play :)

That's sounds like really great news! :D

I hope Aleš Ulm and others will restore the Exploration so I have something to procrastinate on while in college :P

May I ask who used to be the Project Lead in the past and for how long? :)

This finally feels like we have someone or up at the top that’s listening to the players.

Most people have given up on this game to be honest and that’s because we haven’t felt like anything has been listened to. 

This message makes us feel like someone up there understands how we feel.

we direly need you guys to do multiplayer testing out a scale and at the level that normal people play, namely, 3-hour Sessions of eight players playing online once a weekend. 

Honestly, by the way that Adam has been desperately asking me to do testing, it showed me the sense that more Resources needed to be deployed toward  testing really needed to be done internally

If you still plan to make exploration a four player game, i think it might be the best thing to actually move on from expiration rather than trying to revive it. We need Ylands to go either all in or all out. We all love exploration but please don’t raise our hopes unless it’s fixable imo. 

Edited by RedEagle_P1.

It's good to see Ales back - I didn't knew you were no longer working on Ylands. I've met you in person and we had a good chat together. I couldn't really understand why Ylands was going the way it was going the last 2 years, knowing what your vision on the game was, but it makes sense now. Hope we can see results from your work soon!

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, guest-f7391999cd74382eefb30b791f120f14d58c6a6c8d6ca089111ae94d4768b07b said:

IF YOU WANT MAKE THIS ISLANDS ADD YMODS.YOU PEOPLE WILL KNOW VERY VERY VERY...............................................................................................................SYSTEM SHUT

Dude, we don't need that childish comments here. It was better if you stayed quite. 

Good news :)

As said before from me and a lot of other players here (and many many  others on discord), exploration needs to be back again as it was - BIG WORLD. 

Also, bring back those cliffs and mountains close to water. Ylands look like all the same now (besides the biome). The cliff and mountains made ylands all different and unique. Those things were what players didn't like. Players seem to like the other stuff that has been added to exploration. 

As apart, we need birdies and a map for the world's created in editor with scripting. I'm aware of the hard part for the map because people can create "new ylands" with sculpting tool, but I have faith team can make it work ??

I might understand you made those all changes because of the mobile version, but the team should think about it and make "different versions" for either mobile and PC. 

I will gladly help with the testing. 

Stay classy ??

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1