Adam Snellgrove

Update 1.4: Creators Club

Hey there Ylanders!

Update 1.4 is here and because it brings Creators Club to Ylands, it is one of the most important milestones for the game. With it, we will finally be able to offer creators the support we always wanted and that they deserve.

Creators joining this club of elite like-minded fellows, will not only enjoy numerous benefits (such as better exchange rates, cool in-game swag and more) but will have the chance to get real-life rich by applying for a Creators Commission.

With this addition, the Ylands ecosystem is finally complete as we've envisioned it; creators can monetize any aspect of their creations - players can choose between countless amazing games, and support their favourite creations - and that creativity and support can now have real-world value.

We are beyond excited for this new stage for Ylands and we will do our very best to keep supporting the creators, our players, and the platform on which they interact.

Of course, we have packed this update full of other goodies as well - so read on to find out more!

Update 1.4 - Creators Club - major features

• Creators Club: exclusive in-game perks, the Creators Commission and more awaits those who join this prestigious and exclusive club of creative individuals
  • Workshop update: to celebrate the new Creators Club, we have completely revamped our Workshop - find the games you want to play quicker and easier than ever before or upload your newest masterpiece with absolutely no hassle.
  • Revised main menu: we have completely rebuilt our main menu to facilitate ease of use and most importantly: discoverability
  • In-game messaging system: never miss a message from your friends (or from us) with a brand new messaging system, now available within the game
  • Improved shooting: we have also completely rebuilt how gun handling works - you will find using guns, pistols and everything in-between is now significantly better than before
  • Game profiling tools: a set of tools & indicators that will help creators optimize their games
  • Bug fixes and improvements: We have fixed and improved many different aspects of the game with the help of our community and of course we have added some cool assets you'll be able to use in your custom games. 
  • Visual Scripting Lightning Fast: The visual scripting interface is now faster than ever, so no more waiting and more creating

CreatorCompetition_Club_4k_Logo.jpg.99bda9ca8964bfe757d5fac5deedc34d.jpg

And that's not all! Keep your eyes peeled and your creativity sharp for the upcoming season of competitions - a year-long celebration of our creators, the community, and everything Ylands with fabulous and amazing prizes!

And that's it for now, so until next time, stay classy!

P.S. You can find the Changelog here: https://ylands.com/community/topic/28311-14-creators-club-changelog/

• Like 5

The aiming of the crossbow specifically has NOT been improved the crosshairs are low and right of center by their by the height of the top and half of the left hairs respectively.  ???  As a result of the error I am now spending 50% more bolts per kill than before the update.

Spyder

ikan140@yahoo.com

Your reference about improvements to the workshop speak about making it easier to find games, but what about compositions?  How do I find new compositions?  I go to Create and I get the dashboard with my creations and my current favorites, but nothing for looking at published compositions that I can browse and find new things to try.  Do you have to be a member of the Creator's Club to even look at stuff whether they are monetized or not?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, belrathius said:

Your reference about improvements to the workshop speak about making it easier to find games, but what about compositions?  How do I find new compositions?  I go to Create and I get the dashboard with my creations and my current favorites, but nothing for looking at published compositions that I can browse and find new things to try.  Do you have to be a member of the Creator's Club to even look at stuff whether they are monetized or not?

We are working on a special section just for Compositions but for now, you can still browse them in the Editor. We are also working to implement the planned "monetized Blueprints" that Creators will be able to create and sell. That will also be part of the future Workshop.

Yet again, it seems there is movement forward but accompanied by movement backward.  Why not leave the existing workshop web page and just promote using the Play page to find games?  Don't remove something until you have the complete solution to replace it.  Browsing new compositions is way easier on a browser, not to mention that it was functionality that you had but then removed.  Whoever is planning these transitions is banking too heavily on "down the road" and forgetting that people need to remain interested until "down the road" arrives.  As has been seen with Exploration, making the experience worse with plans to improve later often results in a diminishing user base before such improvements are done.

I think i also remember something about that, but im glad they added one.

I can't log in to the workshop so I can buy the creator club membership. It keeps timing out.  Sheesh

So even if I want to join the creator club, even if I want to host, you guys are making it almost impossible.

On 9/12/2020 at 3:43 AM, Hunter-Over-Fire said:

I though you said there wouldn't be automatic weapons?

And here it is ? Do you like it?

On 9/12/2020 at 5:27 PM, bojo2736 said:

I can't log in to the workshop so I can buy the creator club membership. It keeps timing out.  Sheesh

We are trying to figure this one out. Spyler also can't login to the Workshop but so far we had no luck figuring out why. And are you login in with your Steam account or a Bohemia account?

6 hours ago, Adam Snellgrove said:

And here it is ? Do you like it?

We are trying to figure this one out. Spyler also can't login to the Workshop but so far we had no luck figuring out why. And are you login in with your Steam account or a Bohemia account?

i finally got in. the page itself was timing out. 

also, as far as i know my accounts are linked. i was trying to log in using my login from the forum. i wouldnt have any idea how else to do it.