NoNoNumGum

We want old ylands back. Fix exploration

Question

We (the community) miss Alpha Ylands gameplay. Please consider these suggestions.

1. Add the old music back. Go back and listen to the alpha ylands music track and tell me that it isn't better than the new music.

2. Make the map bigger. Make a chunk system like minecraft or something so you can have a big map. I miss getting lost in the ocean, not seeing the exact island i need to progress in the game.

3. ADD FIRST PERSON BACK. What stupid reasoning it is to remove first person because the animation didn't correspond with first person. At least in alpha gameplay i could mine a wall out with in 15 minutes and be able to actually see stuff.

4. Listen to your community. Don't get me wrong, I loved ylands when it first game out, it was my dream game, and I thought it was amazing. Then 1.7 came out and I remember thinking "Well this is alright but not all that good" and then 1.8+ just completely ruined the game.
There is no exploration in exploration mode. Instead of making an exploration game you guys made a chinese rip-off of roblox.
If you did this the smart way of making a game, you would've released the map making and creator features AFTER you released the exploration features.

5. this "tip" is so important i have to say it again. Make the map bigger!!!!! I shouldn't be able to see the other island from the beginner island!!!

6. Keep adding more stuff to exploration, and don't make excuses about your updates. You promise stuff every update when people are disappointed with it and then the next update never receives the hype you were hoping it would. I understand this is probably a difficult game to work on and to release updates. But I would rather you release big updates after long times that are filled with content about exploration.

7. Again. Please please please just listen to your community. Just starting connecting with them more!!

8. Don't get mad at suggestions like this or else you'll be denying the truth of what you guys have done to your game.

9. If it pleases you, add back the old faces.

Stay classy

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 replies to this bug / suggestion

even though i completely understand the fact that it's not my game, this is suggestion thread. also i spent around 10$ for the game that i no longer have.

so devs had chosen to move from exploration game to mini game platform. they spent a lot of time making their own script editor and now they don't even use it to bring exploration to at least the level it was around 0.6 version with main problem being the mobile platform which isn't supposed to have explore in the first place. the magic circle

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NoNoNumGum said:

1. Add the old music back. Go back and listen to the alpha ylands music track and tell me that it isn't better than the new music.

We are very proud of the music our Audio designer has made in the past year and are not considering reverting back to the old music any time soon. We will be adding some more though ? 

2. Make the map bigger. Make a chunk system like minecraft or something so you can have a big map. I miss getting lost in the ocean, not seeing the exact island i need to progress in the game.

We are working on expanding Exploration ? Look out for more info soon.

3. ADD FIRST PERSON BACK. What stupid reasoning it is to remove first person because the animation didn't correspond with first person. At least in alpha gameplay i could mine a wall out with in 15 minutes and be able to actually see stuff.

The reason was time constraint, because every animation took double the time to make, because we had to make it for 3rd and 1st person. This is why we decided to switch to pure 3rd person.

4. Listen to your community. Don't get me wrong, I loved ylands when it first game out, it was my dream game, and I thought it was amazing. Then 1.7 came out and I remember thinking "Well this is alright but not all that good" and then 1.8+ just completely ruined the game.
There is no exploration in exploration mode. Instead of making an exploration game you guys made a chinese rip-off of roblox.
If you did this the smart way of making a game, you would've released the map making and creator features AFTER you released the exploration features.

We are listening and that is why we are now doubling down on delivering a full Exploration experience. 

5. this "tip" is so important i have to say it again. Make the map bigger!!!!! I shouldn't be able to see the other island from the beginner island!!!

You probably will be able to see some Islands from the beginner Islands, but there will be much more to Explore beyond that ?

6. Keep adding more stuff to exploration, and don't make excuses about your updates. You promise stuff every update when people are disappointed with it and then the next update never receives the hype you were hoping it would. I understand this is probably a difficult game to work on and to release updates. But I would rather you release big updates after long times that are filled with content about exploration.

We only promise what we belive that we can deliver. A few times we didn't manage this because of unforeseen circumstances or changes in direction but we always strive to deliver. 

7. Again. Please please please just listen to your community. Just starting connecting with them more!!

Yep, will do, though for the last year I think we did a pretty good job talking to everyone and collecting their suggestions. The big Exploration update that is coming is the culmination of these efforts (this is not something we decided yesterday but something we're planning the better part of this whole year) ?

8. Don't get mad at suggestions like this or else you'll be denying the truth of what you guys have done to your game.

Never mad because of suggestions, we love suggestions and feedback ?

9. If it pleases you, add back the old faces.

We won't be reverting to the old designs, but we will be adding some new ones along the way ?

• Thanks 1