bojo2736

Nitrado Woes

It's been a while since I used Nitrado.  And with the changes to Ylands, it just doesn't function in the same way.

Problem 1 (of probably many to come) I can't seem to upload.  Please don't tell me this is a nitrado problem, not a BI problem.  

I want to upload an explore map, but it's had some scripting to add things I want for my players.  The file functions. But it is an exploration map, not a scenario map.   Nitrado will only let me upload a scenario.

Is there a way I am not seeing to export this exploration map as a scenario?

@Houp  @Adam Snellgrove

Ylands claims to be a game builder.  You can make any game you want. Unless that game is exploration. Then things get weird and funky.

DRIVE:\...\Steam\userdata\<youruniquenumbers>\298610\remote\Scenarios  I think it is the .yland files found here

Ah I see I misread, I shouldn't try to answer questions so close to bed lol. I don't think there is a way to turn a game back into a scenario, as that would also expose the authors scripts & logics I would imagine.

also as an additional thought if nitrado is asking for scenario files I would assume that to be an error because of the aforementioned issue with giving away a scenario file

Edited by JohnMFSteel

On 9/16/2020 at 4:50 AM, bojo2736 said:

Is there a way I am not seeing to export this exploration map as a scenario?

Yes there is. I asked our programmers and when you are playing the Exploration map in question, you need to write into the chat the command /createdssave and it should create the necessary file here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\<steam id>\298610\local\ServerGames

If you upload that, it should work ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, JohnMFSteel said:

Ah I see I misread, I shouldn't try to answer questions so close to bed lol. I don't think there is a way to turn a game back into a scenario, as that would also expose the authors scripts & logics I would imagine.

also as an additional thought if nitrado is asking for scenario files I would assume that to be an error because of the aforementioned issue with giving away a scenario file

It being a nitrado issue is possible. We have a help request with them.  

I was able to make the servergame.  However, I can't upload it to Nitrado.  There is nowhere to upload it. It seems to want a json file.  I never had to do that with Nitrado in the past.  I was under the impression that is what is used for self hosted servers that are no longer supported.  

Again, I don't know if this is a Nitrado issue or not.  I need some help. 

Nitrado seems to be in a restart loop.  In my experience that happens when files are corrupted, however I haven't uploaded any files at this point. It's just trying to load the server files, presumably from BI.  They don't respond to help requests in a timely manner. (This being the biggest reason I was surprised that BI chose them to partner with.)  So I guess I wait.  More. 

Yay. 

I have been too ill to try but I will let you know when I do. 

Inside word is a reinstall of Ylands on any servers you bought (if they are older) is the first step. That's all I know so far. 

21 hours ago, bojo2736 said:

There is nowhere to upload it. It seems to want a json file.  I never had to do that with Nitrado in the past.  I was under the impression that is what is used for self hosted servers that are no longer supported.  

Again, I don't know if this is a Nitrado issue or not.  I need some help. 

Trying now, same issue. Asking support. 

I have installed the game three times now.  The old file browser tab does not exist. It looks like I could potentially upload a scenario, but even that seems to want me to upload a .json file.  Which I know nothing about.

A search of the nitrado site shows the old way (file browser) or FTP upload, however there is no FTP upload ability in the dashboard for YLands.

@MyPa553ng3r put in a support ticket, but no word back from them.

@Spyler.X have you tried to upload to Nitrado?

@bojo2736 We haven't attempted to upload to Nitrado yet, although I have been waiting a long time to do so. What exactly does this message mean?
I was very enthusiastic but it seems more complicated to me than before.

Edited by Christalle
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, bojo2736 said:

unknown-2.png

Ok so if BI does not want us uploading games then I guess we can only install workshop games? 
@Adam Snellgrove how do we get the scenario ID of a game on the workshop? 

2020-09-20_185219.png.6e52757330e0001d241deac9e4076b3d.png

I can't find it now in the new one. 

Is this it? 

2020-09-19_182757.png.9ae1826fbafc9a823c6bfb94228647d9.png

Edited by RedEagle_P1.

@RedEagle_P1. I can't even find a way to do that.  I thought maybe they just wanted us to have vanilla explore and play what the server generates, but I can't access that either.

I think it's not as ready as we were led to believe.  @Adam Snellgrove

So what I am seeing is the three groups most likely to try to use Nitrado (P1, YWOD, and 3HT) aren't able to do so.  

So here you should be able to upload any scenario, that you create. The file you upload is the one you get from typing the command /createdssave while in the game in question. That will save into here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\<steam id>\298610\local\ServerGames
We just tried it and it works...

image (67).png

Please also note that the Scenario upload button on the left only appears after switching the settings to "upload".

i will try again. i may need a video. i have done this and the only upload option i saw was asking for a .json file.

12 hours ago, Berzeger said:

Please also note that the Scenario upload button on the left only appears after switching the settings to "upload".

I uploaded a scenario and it won't show the server anywhere ?

• Thanks 1

image.thumb.png.b0a610bb5101615bf31c7ce15a1ed861.png

I did not get an upload button.  I tried to import the file. It by default asked for the .json file.  I chose the .yds file that I created from your instructions.  It did not like that at all. 

image.thumb.png.4da5915b9020281839ef6c4dce424818.png

Honestly. The upload is not working.  And once again, the communication is completely not there.  There is a mystery command to create a scenario that I would have no idea how to do it if I hadn't asked. It's like it never occurred to anyone that we might need instructions to upload in a completely new and different way.  I shouldn't be surprised, this is classic BI operations. But good grief.  

@Aleš Ulm  Can someone please get us accurate instructions?  FFS

Nitrado was supposed to provide a FAQ and instructions on how to use their product but we are still waiting on that. We'll probably make our own instructions in the meantime, but I'll ask Filip, why it's not uploading the way it should ?