JohnMFSteel

the wiki

Question

wiki could use some updating, it would also be nice if the pages included small use cases to give people learning an idea what various code blocks might be used for.

• Upvote 1

7 replies to this bug / suggestion

50 minutes ago, JohnMFSteel said:

wiki could use some updating, it would also be nice if the pages included small use cases to give people learning an idea what various code blocks might be used for.

Yeah, we're trying to hire someone to help us out with the wiki and other supporting materials ? 

• Like 1

That's right. Every programming language has a reference manual. And ylands scripting shouldn't be any different. 

In some "hard to understand" tiles i usually search C# or java reference manuals that have something close to that and try to figure out ?

If you are looking to hire someone, I know Ocnog is constantly updating one of the Wikis. She has a great attention for details. Not sure if she is looking for a job with Bohemia but I know she loves this game, and if she doesn't want the job she might know somebody who does.

Edited by spiritchaser28
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mmalik13042007-3c3bdb7d2e8ea76b said:

i just say okay

You don't need to respond to everything.  If you have nothing to add of value, just let it go.

You even resurrected the old Haiku poetry competition that was long over.  Seriously, think about whether what you are saying adds value to the conversation before you reply.  Spam just annoys people.

Also, please make your replies into one response, not several that screws up the list of recent posts.

Edited by belrathius
  • Like 3

On 10/11/2020 at 5:50 AM, spiritchaser28 said:

If you are looking to hire someone, I know Ocnog is constantly updating one of the Wikis. She has a great attention for details. Not sure if she is looking for a job with Bohemia but I know she loves this game, and if she doesn't want the job she might know somebody who does.

We're looking for a Wiki manager based in Prague (with other tasks) but when we find one, we will definitely need contributors, so then we'd reach out but thanks for the tip ?