kimbuck

Multiple server maintenance shutdowns destroying this game

Question

65 replies to this bug / suggestion

13 hours ago, kimbuck said:

Another day   another log file. 

Tried 5 times to  enter P1  game ...  same  message   unable to connect..

Logs  etc  as usual

output_log_clean.txt

output_log.txt

This isn't server maintenance though, right? This is something else? Not being able to login at all? We always need a short summary of what happened, so we know where and at what to look for ? And thank you for the logs.

@Adam Snellgrove.....   believe the   inability to log in was because  of server maintenance shut  down   as there  were  3  -4  players on line  according to the lobby  but  0 when i finally got in ...   it was confirmed  later by another player there had  just been a  shutdown

Have not been on much the last 3 days  due to  RL  and   body clock and routines  scrambled by  daylight  saving, but with  current  rainy weather setting in today will have no incentive to be  drawn outside to do gardening and  enjoy  sunshine.. but  give  ylands a bit of  a  workout  :) 

for the record  >.   Red Eagles  P1  infinite   explore  10  island  game has  been operating  for  a  month now ...  :)    .. and  still has a lot of  life in it ... despite the griefers and kid-iots  ;)

Logged in from  lobby scree at  9:55   am my time      got in at 10:02  ...2 others on line.   

Game  crashed to pale  blue  screen at  10:30 am     waited  8 minutes  at wheelie  screen  .. and then got a  time out  message...       captured logs and   tried to get back ... looks like everyone  was dumped out.

game seemed to be working ok  when this  happened ...

20201006103503_1.jpg

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

Re-entered  game  after  5 minute log in process form lobby ...   there   was a  5 minute  approx  windback ...   inventory a mess ..all items  tripled.

4:20  my time   game  froze          ,,,,,   got  back in   4:25  and all seemed ok    now   4:45  and    got  kicked out  ... connection time out   removed  me from the game ... did the same to  other players on line   at the same time. Lobby still showed them as being on line in game!   

logs  for you to admire and cherish.

output_log_clean.txt

output_log.txt

Okey, so the message changed now from Server Maintenance to Connection Timed Out? Or has someone been getting the old message too?

I'm  Baaaaaaaaaaaaaack   :)

Connection time out  message   kicked us all out apparently ...   was having the  " disappearing  items when placed"  glitch ...   a  quick rejoin would result in the item appearing where it was placed...  happened for the  third  time and was  rejoining ...  got to the  ocean building message  then     all   went  kaboom and the   time out message taunted me  ... so  here's  something more for you .. :)  a  pre  yuletide set of  logs ! 

output_log_clean.txt

output_log.txt

Took a break while  thunderstorms   were circling...    logged in at  16:15   all went  well  despite    5  second  game freezes every  20 to 30 secs ...got used to it ..

15:15   got  tossed out ..along with   everyone else ...   "connection time out thingamy".

When returning ... inventory items  doubled ..

More logs  to   frame  on your  wall ;)

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

got  back i to game  15:20   everyone had been  kicked out.

found all  my work for the last   hour ..an intricate spiral staircase ... gone!

Half inventory was double and half of the items  gone.

Had enough for the   day..

getting close to having had enough of the game

too  tired  hungry  and   angry to  send logs

14 hours ago, kimbuck said:

" disappearing  items when placed"  glitch

We are actually working on this one and should be fixed by 1.5 ?

7 hours ago, kimbuck said:

too  tired  hungry  and   angry to  send logs

I think we have more than plenty to go on now. I've been logging in every log you sent and the programmers are going to read through them and try and find out, what is going on. Thank you for your heroic effort ?

well  well well ..( not  3  holes in the ground) ..logged in and started to rebuild what was lost   yesterday.. and was chatting  happily   about  how  i  now  caught up ... was told   not to speak to soon :)

Sure  enough  5 mins   later ...  kicked out  because of  a time out ... everyone  else   landed on the Butts  too

for  your amusement ...

If i have lost all my rebuild  i will   craft a prop pack ...fly over to your place and toss bananas at you!

output_log_clean.txt

output_log.txt

and    1 hour later... 2:40  my time.....  connection time out ...   and  each time we lose  about  5 mins  work ( sometimes a lot  more!  ) and our inventory  goes  bonkers ..everything  duplicate

output_log_clean.txt

output_log.txt

get back in at  4:25 .. double  inventory  and   from the  previous  1 hour  in game ...lost 30  mins  work

wouldn't  that rot your  socks?

cannot  take  any more today  ..off to  look at yt   vids of  funny cats and  car crashes :(

10 hours ago, kimbuck said:

If i have lost all my rebuild  i will   craft a prop pack ...fly over to your place and toss bananas at you!

Oh oh ? ?

10 hours ago, bobo198312 said:

Adam sorry but here you go

Oh don't be sorry! I'm sorry that this keeps happening and thank you very much ?

Another day ......   stared log in  8:30  my time  ... got into game  at  8:35 ... managed to rebuild 50% of  what was lost yesterday .... 8:55   connection time out     :(

Tried to  rejoin at  9:00   so  far   4   "unable to connect' messages"

Wonder how  much  will be lost this time    when/if i can rejoin?

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

according to lobby   5 on line in game  but  i was unable to connect ...   tried again at 9:05... lobby  count  went to 0   obviously  they had been kicked as well. After watching the  hypnotic  hamster wheel  s-l-o-w-l-y  rotate  got in at  9:15  my time

nearly  all the work i had  done  earlier  had been lost. :(     Inventory  duplicated.     constant lag  spikes as others  tried to get back in.

Will try to  get to back  to where i was  ...hoping   for  not  another 'connection time out"

wish me luck ..i  will obviously  need it.

• Thanks 1

More dedicated than I, that's for sure.  As I have said before, a truly heroic effort to do their testing for them.

Personally, I have put the game on the backburner completely (except for monitoring the forums) until 1.5, at which point I will give it one more chance.  But just one.

Oh  well   ,....  todays  omen  spells   bad

Decided to see how  the game  was performing....

Logged in form  lobby ...ummm  well tried to 

20  minutes  in a  queue behind  1   other player   ahead of me ...waited  and waited ...couldnt   go forward....couldnt get back ..

So    only    action possible  ...   task manager  ..  close  client .

No  log  available as i couldn't  get in.

Looks  like its  best to wait   (?)  for 1.5  and see if its more than  just words.

My hope is  fading  fast.