Jeff Vaughn

A multitude of problems just getting worse...(files attached)

Question

Before i start, understand i've done the following:

After uninstalling Ylands, i wiped out the directory it left behind in the game directory, i wiped out the bohemian interactive directory left in the subdirectory off APPDATA/LocalLow. All my video drivers are up to date, i ran CCLEANER to remove any possible left over junk in the TEMP directories. I even created a new game save and attached it to the server I'm renting from Bohemia Interactive.

My system is as clean as it can get and i reinstalled Windows 10 days previous to make sure it was 100% clean.

Issues:

Things are lost when dropped.

Things are lost from digging.

Things are lost when mounting them on walls (torches for instance).

Can't use "hold down" rotate for things like doors to get the angle needed to make them fit perfectly. The single button push rotate works but it's useless on certain angles because it's limited.

Crossbow just stops firing and refuses to reload. And i made it "new".

Sometimes i can't pick up or drop bait or flowers.

When i log back in, the crossbow is reloaded with 1 shot and the stuff (that was lost before on the ground) is sometimes visible. If i'm on a ship, when i come back in the game, i'm in the water "under" the ship.

I shouldn't have these problems and i shouldn't have to keep going out and back into the games to solve certain issues and it won't solve the crossbow/blunderbuss issues my other players are having with them having shots they can't load into the blunderbuss that came with it in the chest when found after shooting a few rounds. I've gamed for over 40 years and i deal with computer repairs daily. I'm not a coder but i can't believe the issues are on my (and my other player's) ends. 

PS - It's been two game attempts and we have yet to find a single piece of copper ore or any kind of vein. We both though that was highly unusual. Also, AI people would die and leave nothing when dead....is that normal? 

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

Edited by Jeff Vaughn

6 replies to this bug / suggestion

I don't think it is on your end. Could you please add the scenario you are using and the server name you are on? So we can look into it properly?

The server is called "The Yland", it's an explorer game.  I've got a month rental and we keep running into issues. It's a save from a game i started, nothing pre-made.

Thanks for getting involved Adam. My hopes are, with you getting involved and it will finally get dealt with. 

Edited by Jeff Vaughn

On 10/5/2020 at 8:43 AM, Adam Snellgrove said:

I don't think it is on your end. Could you please add the scenario you are using and the server name you are on? So we can look into it properly?

There is no scenario file. I looked where you told me to and the subdirectory doesn't even exist. The 28610 director is there with local and remote but no Scenario directory. I don't even know what it would be there for.

I dropped in a screenshot of my directory to show you.

Screenshot (12).png

And, if it's supposed to be there, it's gotta be the game because i even wiped and reinstalled a fresh copy. I even thought that there could be "old" data so i went over all my drives and checked for old traces and there was nothing. My new install of Ylands is maybe 4-5 days old.

Edited by Jeff Vaughn

So the things disappearing is a known problem and we are working on a fix for that. Should be fixed in 1.5 hopefully. 

The programmers in fact identified a multitude of bugs from your server, so they are going through them and fixing them as they go. Hopefully, most of it should be fixed by 1.5 ?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Adam Snellgrove said:

So the things disappearing is a known problem and we are working on a fix for that. Should be fixed in 1.5 hopefully. 

The programmers in fact identified a multitude of bugs from your server, so they are going through them and fixing them as they go. Hopefully, most of it should be fixed by 1.5 ?

Okay, so i guess we're waiting on 1.5 then...