Sign in to follow this  
spiritchaser28

A few suggestions.

Question

I have a few suggestions.

I made this first suggestion to Adam on discord, but I think many will agree. It is about colors. I am sure many of you have noticed that the colors can vary on certain entities. For instance if you paint a stone block white versus a baroque block using the same variables in colors, they turn out to be completely different shades. Red, Green and blue set at 250 in each color ends up with bright white on baroque blocks, and a light grey on stone. I realize this is to make things seem more organic, but from an artistic point of view it becomes difficult trying to match colors. So I suggest they  allow 2 settings in paintgun and in editor for color shading. One as organic color and another as absolute color (so the colors match regardless of the entity used). Extending this train of thought I think it would be grand to randomize the colors in slight shades for selected items in editor in much the same fashion as they randomize using the basic shapes tool. 

The second suggestion is about items I would like to see return. The painting kit and dye vials, the paddle, the catapult. They do not need to be functioning items as some of them once were, but as decoration they add to the ambience of certain builds. I am sure some of you can think of other items you would like to see return....let's not mention sharks....everybody wants those back.

The 3rd suggestion would be expanding the crafting menu to include items that should be available to craft. Things you can find in the game like pitchforks, teapots, dishes, books( Adam mentioned they were working on that one) , paintings, a few chairs and sofas that are only available in editor....ok I get that we can't craft elven armor and swords, but bronze and steel armor and weapons and other things that were crafted by humans in history should be added to the crafting menu. Who wants craftable plastic blocks?

Final suggestion would be a little more variety in a few common sense items that should be added. Things like Flare guns, functioning telescopes, etc. (thumbs up on the personal compass being added finally).

That's my short list. I don't know how much some of these things would complicate or cause errors with Unity (see my other post about suggesting switching engines to Unreal). Anyhow if anybody can think of items they would like to see return or have ideas for certain things that should be allowed in crafting, feel free to add to the list.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 replies to this bug / suggestion

Every item should be craftable, not some only in editor. Of course the creator cube shall not be craftable.

Bones and skull. I want them back ?

• Like 2

I was not playing the game when they had bones, but it makes sense to bring them back. You already got bones sticking out of the meat from the animals and certain monsters you kill.  You have animal skinned hides, crab carapace shells, so I don't see much of a difference. I do understand not wanting blood and too much gore because kids play this, but plenty of kid oriented games have bones and skeletons. Look at dry bones from Mario Brothers, or the skeletons in Legend of Zelda, Cubone from Pokemon....there are plenty of examples. Expanding on things that should be brought back....the bear trap and spike trap. If it is too many errors with the programming, at least as a decorative item. Looks cool in the hunter's lodge buildings, etc. Also all animal trophies not just a few added to the crafting menu.

Edited by spiritchaser28
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, spiritchaser28 said:

I am sure many of you have noticed that the colors can vary on certain entities. For instance if you paint a stone block white versus a baroque block using the same variables in colors, they turn out to be completely different shades. Red, Green and blue set at 250 in each color ends up with bright white on baroque blocks, and a light grey on stone. I realize this is to make things seem more organic, but from an artistic point of view it becomes difficult trying to match colors.

One thing I discovered to help change the coloration of blocks, especially when using the color white, was to alter the brightness.  A low, non-zero level brightens the color without seeming like a light source.  This may help match colors while waiting for a better solution to be implemented.

• Like 1

Belrathius I have adjusted the white a few times using the glow to match....but at night it still glows a bit. I guess because I am tetrachromat I am also overly particular about color.