Adam Snellgrove

Competition Rules

Organizer

The Contest is announced and organized by BOHEMIA INTERACTIVE a.s., with its registered office at Stříbrná Lhota 747, 252 10 Mníšek pod Brdy, Czech Republic, registered in the Commercial Register kept by the Municipal Court in Prague, section B, insert 9791 (Id. No.: 272 18 864, Tax Id. No.: CZ 272 18 864).

Objective of the Contest

The objective of this Contest is to create original games for the video game YLANDS which will be available in the YLANDS Workshop, all that in compliance with these Contest Rules.

The Contest is announced as public and will be publicly announced at the official website of the Organizer (www.bohemia.net) and on the website of the video game YLANDS (www.ylands.com). After the final decision of the Jury, the results of the Contest will be announced on the above listed websites in the same manner as the launch of this Contest.

Terms of the Contest

The Contest is announced on October 13th 2020.

Entries must be submitted no later than on 14th December 2020 at 23:59 CEST (GMT+1).

The Winners of the Contest will be announced in December, 2020.

The Contest is open in the following categories with following prizes:

Main Category (for the best Entry):

Place

Prize

1st place

3,000 USD

2nd place

2,000 USD

3rd place

1,000 USD

4th place

700 USD

5th place

500 USD

Special Category:

Achievement Name

Prize

Best action game

50,000 coyns

Best RPG game

50,000 coyns

Best puzzle game

50,000 coyns

Best narrative game

50,000 coyns

Best composition

50,000 coyns

Participants and Rules of Entry

The Contest can be entered by individuals provided that they comply with the following rules:

• they are 12 years of age or over,
  • they are not employees or contractors of the Organizer,
  •  they duly meet all the Contest Rules.

Entries

•  All Entries have to be submitted by uploading them to the YLANDS Workshop and by creating a forum thread on the official YLANDS forum, within the Contest's subsection in which the Participant puts the link to the Entry uploaded in YLANDS Workshop with a comment that it is the Entry to this Contest.
  • The Entries must be in form of games playable within the video game YLANDS.
  • By submitting an Entry, the Participants:
    • Declare that they fully understood and agreed with these Contest Rules and that they are fully capable in participating in the Contest,
    • represent and warrant, with respect to each Entry by the Participant in this Contest, that the Entry is the result of their own independent creation and does not contain any third-party works of authorship that have been used or copied without authorization or permission of their respective authors,
    • declare that they fully understood how their personal data is processed,
    • Any Entry that is in breach of any of the foregoing representations and warranties or is otherwise in violation of these Contest Rules will be deemed void and automatically be disqualified from this Contest,
    • agree to indemnify, defend, and hold blameless the Organizer and its affiliates from and against any third-party claims arising from or as a result of (i) a breach of any of the foregoing representations and warranties by such Participant, or (ii) a breach or violation of any of the other provisions of these Contest Rules by such Participant.

•  Entries cannot be updated after 14th December 2020 at 23:59 CEST (GMT+1). Before this date, Entries may be freely edited.
  •  Participants can submit any number of Entries.
  • All Entries must be original and previously unpublished. Organizer does not accept Entries that have been shared publicly or uploaded onto the YLANDS Workshop prior announcement of this Contest.

General Content Requirements

•  The content of the Entries must not infract anyone's rights, including any intellectual property rights or licenses.
  •  Entries must not contain any advertisement.
  •  Entries must not contain any obscene, offensive, or derogatory elements, imagery, or texts.
  •  For copyright reasons, no game asset should be created after or closely resemble an existing object or item of intellectual property.
  • Entries must be in compliance with YLANDS EULA and with YLANDS Workshop Terms of Use.
  •  Although not mandatory, Organizer strongly recommends that Participants keep a personal record of their progress on the forum post, with drafts, photographs, renders, and / or sketches. Not only can this be exciting to share it in retrospect, but it can also provide extra security in the unlikely event of contested intellectual property. If a dispute occurs and there is no clear indication of original work, it may result in the disqualification of two or more Participants.

Evaluation of Entries and Selection of the Winners

• The Winners will be selected for the Categories mentioned above.
  •  The selection will be handled by the Organizer.
  •  The selection of Winners and distribution of the Prizes among the respective Winners will be held by the Jury consisting of YLANDS development team members.
  •  The awarding and placement of the Contest Entries will be determined at the sole discretion of the Jury and Organizer based on free evaluation of the extent to which the individual Entries meet the Contest criteria.
  •  The decision of the Organizer and the Jury is final and binding on all matters relating to the Contest.
  • One Entry can be awarded in the Main Category and also once in the Special Category. Only one Entry per Participant can be awarded within the Contest.
  • The Organizer reserves the right to not award all places in the above-mentioned Categories.
  • Once the Winners are chosen, they will be contacted by the Organizer to provide the Organizer with necessary details for delivery of the prizes. If the Winners do not provide the Organizer with requested the details, they lose their entitlement to the prize they won.  

Final Provisions

•  Reimbursement of the expenses related to the participation in the Contest: All Participants enter and participate in the Contest at their own expenses; the Organizer will not provide any reimbursements besides the Prizes.
  •  Applicable law: The Contest is announced and governed by the laws of the Czech Republic, namely but not limited to respective provisions of the Act N° 89/2012 Coll., Civil Code as well as by other provisions of relevant legislation.
  •  Conflict resolution:
    • There may be no appeal against the decision of the Jury.
    • The Prizes are not judicially enforceable.
  •  Withdrawal from the Contest:
    • The Contest can be withdrawn from only for substantial reasons.
    • Withdrawal from the Contest will be realized and announced in the same manner as the announcement of these Contest Rules.
    • The Organizer reserves the right, to the extent permitted by applicable law, to terminate, cancel, modify or suspend this Contest, in whole or in part, if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond the Organizer’s reasonable control impairs the integrity of this Contest as determined by the Organizer at its sole discretion. In addition, the Organizer reserves the right to take down and remove any Entry that becomes subject to a third-party claim for copyright infringement or for violation of any other right.
    • The Organizer reserves the right to modify the Contest Rules. In such event, the Organizer will announce the modification of the Contest Rules by means of notification on the Bohemia Interactive and YLANDS websites and on the official YLANDS forum.

• Like 2

Awesome ? but i guess I'm not entering.

Anyway, can teams ve matched up or it is individual?

• Upvote 1

Question: "All Entries must be original and previously unpublished. Organizer does not accept Entries that have been shared publicly or uploaded onto the YLANDS Workshop prior announcement of this Contest."

I remember you saying we could publish our games without having them disqualified. Am I misunderstanding something? 

49 minutes ago, jchob said:

Anyway, can teams ve matched up or it is individual?

You can create as teams but only individuals can enter, so the individual would then receive the prize a d it is then up to you to share it as you decide.

2 minutes ago, RedEagle_P1. said:

I remember you saying we could publish our games without having them disqualified. Am I misunderstanding something

Unfortunately this rule had to be put in place as then it wouldn't have the desired effect of getting a lot of new games into the workshop and the possibility in the next competitions of "reusing" submissions. But I heard that you have 9 unpublished games ready so looking forward to them ??

Can we use compositions that were published in the workshop as part of our new game? (I understand the game has to be new.)

Also, are we assuming the compositions are free to use or should we track down the original owner to ask permission to use it?

Lastly, are we allowed to monetize the games that we submit as part of the contest?

Thanks!

-Ocnog

13 hours ago, ocnoglittle said:

Can we use compositions that were published in the workshop as part of our new game? (I understand the game has to be new.)

Also, are we assuming the compositions are free to use or should we track down the original owner to ask permission to use it?

Lastly, are we allowed to monetize the games that we submit as part of the contest?

Thanks!

-Ocnog

Once a composition is put on the Workshop, it is free to use by anyone, but of course we appreciate original content ? So a game that has ONLY compositions from the workshop rearranged into a game might be score lower than a game with predominantly original stuff ?

And yes, you can definitely monetize your Creations and interesting monetization can be a plus ?

• Thanks 1

One day when I have sufficient internet, I'll win this and get myself a new graphics card or something.  My mind is swimming with hundreds of both new and old ideas and concepts as you read this.  I just wish Ylands could be played offline so I could build without wrecking the monthly internet out here.

6 hours ago, senaheho said:

Will a good presentation on the forum thread affect your chances of winning?

No, it won't.  We'll be looking at all games equally if they are properly submitted. But it might get more air time on our stream (because there will be something to talk about) and more people will play the game, if they see, how cool it is on the forums.

• Like 1

2 questions

1. would i be able to submit the 3rd chapter of my game or are you looking for something completely new?

2. do really need to log our progress because i admit, i'm one of those people who just make it up as i go along, i don't plan anything.

11 hours ago, IEuphe said:

2 questions

1. would i be able to submit the 3rd chapter of my game or are you looking for something completely new?

2. do really need to log our progress because i admit, i'm one of those people who just make it up as i go along, i don't plan anything.

I’m curious what’s your game?

12 hours ago, IEuphe said:

2 questions

Definitely fine if it's the 3rd chapter of the Lochford Horror ? And you don't have to log your progress, it is just better for us, because we get to see, how you're doing ?

• Upvote 1

Can each person submit both a game and a build because we would like to try to win in both categories without having one jeopardize the other. 

On 10/24/2020 at 11:36 PM, RedEagle_P1. said:

Can each person submit both a game and a build because we would like to try to win in both categories without having one jeopardize the other. 

Yes

Hi @Adam Snellgrove,

I remember you saying this somewhere, but can you confirm there will be another contest right after the one that ends on December 12? In case we have more ideas but not enough time for all of them?

Thank you!

-Ocnog

11 hours ago, ocnoglittle said:

Hi @Adam Snellgrove,

I remember you saying this somewhere, but can you confirm there will be another contest right after the one that ends on December 12? In case we have more ideas but not enough time for all of them?

Thank you!

-Ocnog

Not RIGHT after this one (like not December 13th ?) but very soon after it ?

• Thanks 1

On 10/12/2020 at 2:37 AM, Adam Snellgrove said:

Entries must be submitted no later than on 12nd December 2020 at 12am CEST (GMT+1).

You said 15th in the stream @Adam Snellgrove, is it ok to submit on the 15th? 

Those few days could make a big difference :D