ocnoglittle

UNDER REVIEW [YLD-28655] Output logs for Crashes

Question

68 replies to this bug / suggestion

And yet again. Different server. Journey to the 12 Kingdoms server 3. Hung out for about 20 minutes this time unpacking game data then not responsive. If you guys at Bohemia need to roll back the updates I can live without the toolbox and the goody pack until these things get fixed. I hate to say this, but it seems to be happening on all the servers people play the most, whether it is P1 or YWD. Some people are just talking about waiting for 1.5 to play again. 

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

Crash2.png

• Upvote 1

Windows updated last night and things seem to be running a little smoother for me. Was able to play an hour with no timeouts or crash issues. I will test some more today.

• Like 1

Ok Adam, You wanted a screenshot of when Unity closed me. Here it is. Tried to get in Journey of the 12 server 3 once and it timed me out before I could enter, then tried same game name server 1 and it timed me out twice. I lowered my resolution and managed to get in for about 5 minutes before it timed me out again. I went in one more time and it was loading. I could hear the audio in the game of the propeller pack...then timed me out. Tried once more and in the middle of downloading data from server this happened. Game would not close without task manager even though this error usually closes me without warning. Output logs are included.

Unity close.png

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

output_log_clean.txt

output_log.txt

DxDiag-101420.txt

Server: n/a (in editor)

Description: Working on a map with 2 global storages, 2 entity storages, 10 entity templates, a timer trigger, a weld, and that is about it...(however quite a few variables and scripting tiles). I tried to delete a tile in the visual scripting for the timer trigger, but it deleted the wrong one. I hit undo and the tile reappeared. Then I tried to delete the correct tile (write to console UTC current time) again, and the game froze (no unresponsive message, but I could not move any tiles, exit the visual scripting screen, or delete). I used Alt-F4 to exit.

DM'd the Scenario file (MY GAME NAME 42.yland) to Adam.

Edited by ocnoglittle

The problems listed here are identical to the ones  encountered on the  P1 Servers ...   so its  not  just the  P1  community thats  affected .   Hopefully  BI  can use this accumulated  knowledge to resuscitate  Ylands   exploration ;)  

• Upvote 1

Description: Working on the same simple map as earlier. I tried to search for "attach label" visual scripting tile but typing T caused a huge blank space. I tried to delete the search area and tried to click on the entities section of the tile list and then the variables section. It looked like this screenshot:

Ylands_201015_090908.thumb.png.573f53d634023e8aacaa8b4c91dc62d4.png
Could not close VS, closed game using Alt+F4.

DM'd the Scenario file (MY GAME NAME 42 - DEL.yland) to Adam.

DxDiag-101520.txt

output_log_clean.txt

output_log.txt

Last (for today ?), this isn't a crash for me, but for a player on my map. It looked like his player was seizing at the base of a hill. Then he died and he was disconnected. I DM'd the files (WELCOME TO HALLOWEEN-published) to Adam.

Server: BETA TEST WELCOME TO HALLOWEEN

20201015220905_1.thumb.jpg.fdfcfadafb7c11642ad0fe1ae7dc9b4b.jpg

Edited by ocnoglittle
  • Upvote 1

Server: Ylands World of Dreams 3 (Journey to the 12 Kingdoms)

Description: While logging out, I switched applications using (Alt-Tab) to Discord. When I tried to switch back to the game, I saw this. The loading screen in the top corner of an all white screen. Windows recognized it had crashed. Directly afterwards, I was able to start the game, load the server and exit properly. No rollback or other issues in the server.

Untitled.thumb.png.7f88a01df05668fc1bee3a0ad36e0f6d.pngoutput_log_clean.txt

output_log.txt

DxDiag101720.txt

• Upvote 1

On 10/15/2020 at 5:35 PM, kimbuck said:

The problems listed here are identical to the ones  encountered on the  P1 Servers ...   so its  not  just the  P1  community thats  affected .   Hopefully  BI  can use this accumulated  knowledge to resuscitate  Ylands   exploration ;)  

Yeah Kimbuck, we saw all the posts you were making and thought it would be best if we joined in the effort. All we can do now is hope this helps them fix these things.

2 hours ago, spiritchaser28 said:

Yeah Kimbuck, we saw all the posts you were making and thought it would be best if we joined in the effort. All we can do now is hope this helps them fix these things.

Glad you guys did, this way BI knows its a bigger issue than one map or one computer. Awesome work guys! 

• Thanks 2

I haven't even begun to upload the editor errors I have been experiencing, but I do think the errors are most likely related in some fashion. I get the Unity closing error a lot when I try to delete or move a larger composition in the editor. So yeah its bigger than just one computer or map, I think it covers  the whole gambit of the program.

For information... another game i was  looking into had a  similar series of errors.. they stopped  development for  nearly a year while they  re-wrote the  entire  game  for another  engine    ( unreal engine)

They posted that their initial testing  indicates  a lot  will be fixed  and their  mp  version runs way better.   Maybe  Ylands  might have to stop with the goodies and  new stuff, bite the  bullet and look for an alternative engine that supports their  game..

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, kimbuck said:

For information... another game i was  looking into had a  similar series of errors.. they stopped  development for  nearly a year while they  re-wrote the  entire  game  for another  engine    ( unreal engine)

They posted that their initial testing  indicates  a lot  will be fixed  and their  mp  version runs way better.   Maybe  Ylands  might have to stop with the goodies and  new stuff, bite the  bullet and look for an alternative engine that supports their  game..

Praytell, what game was that?  Could you possibly link to the info you mentioned so that BI can see the whole discussion for themselves?  It may be more compelling than a summarized version.

Kimbuck I suggested switching to Unreal engine on another post here as well. Maybe if 1.5 doesn't fix things they should consider it. I can live without a bunch of updates and goodies for a while if they take the plunge and make the switch to make it run smoother.

Anyhow here is another log for you Adam. Game timed out after about 10 minutes, then I went in to reload the game and ylands stopped responding completely. YWD Origins server 6 Nitrado USA server.  I had to close the program with task manager. On the flip side the US server seems to have a bit less lag for the most part and fewer timeouts for me (I live in central USA)

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

Note:  i am not  advocating that unreal engine  would be better ... i am no expert in this  field. The  Ylands  devs  would need to  assess what to use, but its  becoming obvious the current  one is having  difficulties meeting  ylands expectations.

The other game  was referring to had  just one  dev ... and was still technically in early  access,  so a stop and re think  was possible .  Changing a working  engine  mid stream would not be possible overnight  ;)  ..

All  we can do is  wait and see what  happens...   its their  choice

• Like 1

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

DxDiag-101920.txt

Untitled.thumb.png.61c9abca1a570e66e3455d53bb2ad1a3.png 

Description: Working on a map with a lot of corn but that is it (maybe plus 10 impassable barriers). Tried to move one of them. It might have thought I was trying to select a lot of them... It crashed, and windows understood it crashed. I DM'd the Scenario file (Halloween Maze Only 2.yland) to Adam.

Edited by ocnoglittle
  • Upvote 1

Yes I did something exactly like this in editor and got the Unity crash error as well as the Windows game not responding error.