ocnoglittle

UNDER REVIEW [YLD-28655] Output logs for Crashes

Question

68 replies to this bug / suggestion

This one might be "my fault" but it shouldn't crash this easily. I made a canvas out of 60x60 pixel cubes welded together. That was the only thing on the map. I was editing the weld and tried to save before closing the edit weld. Windows realized it had crashed, but I forgot to take a screenshot.

DxDiag.txt

output_log_clean.txt

output_log.txt

PIXEL ART.zip is the editor map I was working on.

Server: n/a (editor)

Description: So this one might be "my fault" again. I was trying to do a complicated script with an event listener for on items added to inventory. When I tested it out, the game immediately crashed when I tried to pick something up. No windows message or anything. The game is just entirely off. I will try it again with a less complicated script ?
I DM'd the editor file (FEAST.yland) to Adam.

DxDiag.txt

output_log_clean.txt

output_log.txt

?I hate when I get multiple crashes in one day. 

Server: n/a (editor)

Description: I tried to do a simpler script with an event listener for on items added to inventory. When I tested it out, the game showed a unity error and crashed when I tried to pick something up. Unfortunately, it disappeared before I could take a screenshot.
I DM'd the editor file (FEAST2.yland) to Adam.

DxDiag.txt

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

So today I tried and failed to get into 2 different servers. Nitrado Origins servers. Hung out looking at unpacking screen for about 10 minutes each time, then gave up and went to editor. Spent about an hour in editor with a build and was simply switching entities when suddenly the game closed without warning. didn't get a chance to save my progress....ugh. 

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

• Upvote 1

i'm  baaaaaack  

was in game ...   suddenly  unable to pick things up.      so  decided to re join

upon returning  was in starter outfit     ------ nothing in inventory ..no  clothing worn  or   tools    food   or  anything ....empty!    inventory? ...as  full as a politicians  skull..  :9

was able to pick things up   but  had  nothing in hot bar  or  inventory .. Back to square one ?  grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Looks like another  day  of  giving  Ylands a miss  

will return  when i yearn for another  bout of  masochism

output_log_clean.txt

output_log.txt

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, spiritchaser28 said:

So today I tried and failed to get into 2 different servers. Nitrado Origins servers. Hung out looking at unpacking screen for about 10 minutes each time, then gave up and went to editor. Spent about an hour in editor with a build and was simply switching entities when suddenly the game closed without warning. didn't get a chance to save my progress....ugh. 

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

We're looking into the crash.

• Thanks 1

Hi  adam ..it was   red-eagles  P1  infinite  explore.

I came back in 2  hours later and there had  been a   5 min  windback it seeems  and all was restored. :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ocnoglittle said:

Server: Ylands World of Dreams 6 (Ylands Origins)

Description: I tried to add a friend, and the loading icon (spinning colorful thing) came up, but several minutes later it was still stuck there, so I force-quit the game.

It's common happened to me, and I thought it was because of my connection, so I've never reported this...

On 11/1/2020 at 4:48 AM, ocnoglittle said:

I tried to add a friend

Looking into it: YLD-26931

On 10/31/2020 at 2:25 PM, spiritchaser28 said:

Game closed without any warnings

Also looking into it: YLD-26930

• Thanks 2

Yeah the social aspect of the game is broke.  It's nice to be able to see missed messages, but waiting for 15 minutes for them to load is annoying as all get out. Now it even doesn't allow you to click social most the time to search for your friends.. And honestly, having to type /g or /w everytime you want to talk to someone is crazy....go back to the tabbed system. I don't care if I missed some messages....at least it was easier to chat in real time

• Upvote 1

Server: n/a (in editor)

Description: I was (probably a coincidence) trying to make the clothes of an NPC glow and then tried to test my (quite full) map. Unity crashed, but it disappeared before I could get a screenshot of the specific error code. I will send the map to Adam by DM.

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

DxDiag.txt

On 11/2/2020 at 4:45 PM, spiritchaser28 said:

And the typing to someone switcheroo.....damn. Why does it change who I am texting to?

Yep, we're working on that, but don't have a solution yet.

10 hours ago, ocnoglittle said:

Server: n/a (in editor)

Description: I was (probably a coincidence) trying to make the clothes of an NPC glow and then tried to test my (quite full) map. Unity crashed, but it disappeared before I could get a screenshot of the specific error code. I will send the map to Adam by DM.

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

DxDiag.txt

Thank you, will look into it ? And does it now crash every time you test it? (The number of the bug YLD-26970).

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Adam Snellgrove said:

And does it now crash every time you test it? (The number of the bug YLD-26970).

No, it was surprisingly fine the next time I tried to run the test map (without changing anything).

This new crash might be related to YLD-26931:

Earlier today, I was trying to send a message to a friend and the game once again had the spinning colorful icon for several minutes. I gave up and force-quit the game. At minimum, can we have a cancel button if the friend list/message area isn't loading?

DxDiag.txt

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

Edited by ocnoglittle
  • Thanks 1

Connection  lost when assembling a ship.

I am on the  new  P1 Aus  based  explore server... twice, when assembling a  ship ( press Q )  the  game  seems to hang .. you get the  assembly  sound effect ... then  the  game  crashes with a message " connection lost"  or  "game  terminated by host"

Has  happened   twice   so far...

Logs   ...for  your   ok lumberjacks .. attached

output_log_clean.txt

output_log.txt

Anyone still experiencing the long loads to get on maps or it never loading at all? We could use some newer logs since we changed up the backend settings.