ocnoglittle

UNDER REVIEW [YLD-28655] Output logs for Crashes

Question

68 replies to this bug / suggestion

Server: n/a (editor - map with each of the game logics, an extra game logic label, a lever, and 4 actors - scripting only on the lever and spawn point)

Description: So this one might be "my fault" again. I was trying to search for the line giving an error (as just described by Houp - Thank you) but I forgot I copied the whole log_userscripts.txt contents (to paste it into a new txt file) after I copied just the line number. ?When I tried to paste it into the search bar, the whole game crashed.

1.thumb.png.241d8fe98e9abd06ad1536ab279943c5.png

DxDiag.txt

MY GAME NAME 95.zip

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

• Thanks 1

server: n/a (editor. map: MAGIC AXE AND HARVEST STAFF.zip)

Description: I was trying to combine two welds by editing one weld and pasting in the other weld as a group. It wouldn't let me exit the weld edit mode, so I tried to go to the main menu and it crashed. Windows recognized it as not responsive.

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

DxDiag.txt

Server: ★★★Ylands World of Dreams★★★ 1 (★JOURNEY★ TEST V 2.0)

Description: Tried to log out and log in (trying to fix lag related issues, such as bushes disappearing when they are harvested, items disappearing when placed, showing up for other players as only a head, etc). I was wearing customized armor with increased stats. It might have had a particle effect, but I didn't notice it. Got an error message:

20201121183648_1.thumb.jpg.91622ac0af8780edc889ac9f0bd0a7c3.jpg

So far, we have only been able to fix this by killing the player, which removes their armor and inventory 

P.S. Lag-related issues - only a head and upper armor (different from the error message above, from after I switched to a second armor set), there is an unlit torch at my feet as well, I swear ?‍♀️:

Screenshot_44.png?width=1204&height=677

DxDiag.txt

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, ocnoglittle said:

Tried to log out and log in (trying to fix lag related issues, such as bushes disappearing when they are harvested, items disappearing when placed, showing up for other players as only a head, etc). I was wearing customized armor with increased stats. It might have had a particle effect, but I didn't notice it. Got an error message:

So when you disconnect, you can't connect back, but someone has to kill your avatar in the game for you to be able to connect back in?

Just now, Adam Snellgrove said:

So when you disconnect, you can't connect back, but someone has to kill your avatar in the game for you to be able to connect back in?

Exactly. It is something about wearing the armor, we think. The armor drops when the avatar is killed.

On 11/28/2020 at 5:36 AM, ocnoglittle said:

Description: someone spawned in 50 penguins, and then I got "your connection has timed out"

Thank you, checking it out. [YLD-27575]

• Thanks 1

Server: Santa's Workshop (after I updated the game)

Description: I was trying to place a reference object that spawns a welded object, and then I got "your connection has timed out"

And there was 10 minutes of rollback when I got back in ?

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

DxDiag-120320.txt

Edited by ocnoglittle

Server: Santa's Workshop (same map as last bug report)

Description: I have been getting quite a few "your connection has timed out" and server rollbacks today. Maybe it is the Windows update or something? Maybe my high-performance server running a universal game (aged 2 days) is already on its last legs?!? Originally I thought it was my internet, but other computers at my house are fine. I also tried restarting the game. Nothing has helped. I am not sure how many of the timeouts were captured in the output logs, but I had at least 4 today.

20201203200455_1.thumb.jpg.6bf2b8bfe4452da85cb6d4ba6a8ea04e.jpg

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

DxDiag 120320.txt

• Thanks 1

Server: Exploration (Ocnog's Farm to Invisible Grogland (Multiplayer map started by Yaourt))

I was in new Exploration, going from my map to a friend's map. It started loading the new map then gave me:

20201222102347_1.thumb.jpg.edc082ea39924883fbbd5a38415784e6.jpg

I have a block intensive ship and Yaourt does as well. I had noticed some lag on my map before I set sail. I don't know if it truly was my internet connection or something...

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

DxDiag 122220.txt

Server: Exploration (Experimental)

Yaourtax and I were on mello's boat, going to a new map. I got kicked out of Exploration and ended up on the main page with an error message. It said something about the session but I forgot to take a screenshot. I was able to enter the map. We then went to a new map. I was kicked out once again. I got the message "session is unavailable". I was not able to log in because it said trying to connect for a few minutes. I pressed cancel and the game froze, so I force-quit.

I will try to get screenshots of the error messages next time.

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

• Thanks 1