Sign in to follow this  
RedEagle_P1.

P1 Creators is entering this competition!

Who we are: 

P1 Creators is a group of positive, friendly & mature gamers dedicated to making awesome games in Ylands!

We operate on Discord: https://discord.gg/Ju82y7g

Basics: 

How we operate is we work together to make the MOST AWESOME game out there, win the prize, and split the prize between all those that helped. We also sometimes elect a president who we give 5% out-right as a thank-you for leading us. 

Bonuses: 

Friendly, low-pressure, community environment 

Team of more than 100 active, talented people

We also publish our games in China where Ylands is HUGE (double monetization) 

Our values: 

We are looking for people who share our values to join our family of positive, friendly & mature creators. We value community more than anything and we are looking for people who want to be part of a friendly game-dev learning community. 

We are: 

Casual
    Friendly -- Everyone here is like family ?
    Passionate -- We do it for the fun of it
    Not aggressive, demanding & deadline oriented 
    Value honestly, generosity
    Not driven by $ but by passion 
    A team that cares about it's members 

Unlike other groups out there, our company does not take a cut of the winnings, rather, our team depends on voluntary donations. 

How to join: 

1) Reply with, "I am in!"

2) Visit #sign-up

Edited by RedEagle_P1.

Past work: 

Together we: 

We made the official lobby for Ylands

We won 1st & 2nd in the first Chinese competition

2020-10-13_152403.png.e5e7d3604c516a43af0f5b347d7fd389.png

2020-10-13_152413.png.7f61d96150c3ad9d6d2fa216276260c7.png

Proudly sponsored by Nitrado!

We made some cool builds: 

fireeerere.thumb.jpg.d7fede1ba612c0c33753ec81992870a0.jpg

186394242_WhyJoinP1B.00_03_17_24.Still001-Copy.thumb.jpg.a01897a4925365870a3e6119785f8682.jpg

image6.thumb.png.a18dc614bfdcd13931c39cc3b1ed4dce.png

sa.thumb.png.5020cf5505045247ae0e2d5ca1165dbe.png

1175855921_1.bestophotoletitbeontop-Copy.thumb.jpg.2a5fb28c7b43c92dcda68426d6e81c1f.jpg

About us: 

How to join: 

1) Reply with, "I am in!"

2) Visit #sign-up

Edited by RedEagle_P1.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Valour4Eva said:

Any updates on your game? Very interested to see what you guys are creating ^_^

Thanks, we are going to be very sneaky until the end ?

why? What are you affraid off? If any entry is a noticeable copy/steal of any other entry, it will be disqualified.

Furthermore, i'm pretty sure P1 is going to submit more than one.

That being said, I see no reason to keep secret ?

It's pleasing to see what people is making and their progress. I joined last ylands official stream and it was fun to see games working. Also, it was fun to play some games along Adam (for example, if my memory is correct, a game called "Lockford")

• Upvote 1

We feel that it ruins the magic if we show it off before it’s finished. We will keep very detailed logs internally of exactly who did want to make sure that we have evidence in case of a dispute. Since everyone has to check in hours we know exactly what everyone does and how much of a project gets done a person.

13 hours ago, RedEagle_P1. said:

We feel that it ruins the magic if we show it off before it’s finished. We will keep very detailed logs internally of exactly who did want to make sure that we have evidence in case of a dispute. Since everyone has to check in hours we know exactly what everyone does and how much of a project gets done a person.

So question then (and I'm not trying to cause drama, just want a thorough explanation). How exactly are you logging who works on what, and can you prove that there's no way to manually edit/fabricate the logs (for example, editing someone's hours to make it look like they worked more than they actually did) in the event that you need to provide evidence in case of a dispute?

2 hours ago, Valour4Eva said:

So question then (and I'm not trying to cause drama, just want a thorough explanation). How exactly are you logging who works on what, and can you prove that there's no way to manually edit/fabricate the logs (for example, editing someone's hours to make it look like they worked more than they actually did) in the event that you need to provide evidence in case of a dispute?

P1 Operates a bit more like a company even though we are a community at heart. Everyone who is eligible to make funds has to check in with someone called a check in manager. The check in manager will take a look at their work and determine its value in time. We then distribute the winnings between the entire group based on the time each person is allocated by the check-in manager. This means that every single action taken As photographed by the individual and sent as evidence of their work for assessment by the check-in manager. 

Although I’ve been very hands off recently, To my knowledge there has never been an issue in this regard so far. 

We are very lucky in that our community is exceptionally honest and generous. On average of our community members  voluntarily  donate back anywhere from 42% to 90% of everything that is earned by the team which I think it’s quite unthinkable outside of any other community than the Ylands community.

People in ylands are ridiculously awesome And we’ve had About as much drama in a year as I used to have in a day leading another gaming community. I freaking love these people.

However I do have some trepidation for the future as these new competitions will bring a change in focus in Ylands, potentially changing the calibre of the community, and because I will be stepping down from my position this week in favor of a new community manager (I have had serious Physical health problems), I just really hope that the experience will be as pure as it always has been.

Anyway, sorry I rambled on a bit. The system has more complexities that mentioned here but it’s just too much to condense very simply. We have a starter course with videos that explains this over 2 lessons. I can foward you those if you like.

I should mention that as I step down I’ll probably still do some of the videos and be kind of a figurehead because I want to be there to instill positive values kinda like @FavoryPluto does now.

Edited by RedEagle_P1.