ocnoglittle

Message Window During Loading Screen

Question

Can we have access to the message/social windows while loading servers? I would love to be able to update my friends that I am trying to login. This would especially be nice when it takes 5+ minutes to load, and we are just staring at the twirly colors with nothing to do.
Thanks!
-Ocnog

• Upvote 1

6 replies to this bug / suggestion

9 minutes ago, Adam Snellgrove said:

How is it broken? ?

Well for one thing, real time chat is a thing of the past with this new model. Sometimes I will hover my mouse above social and have to wait 4 to 5 minutes before I am allowed to click it to find my friends and send a message....in game it is even worse...people don't want to type /g to talk to everybody....most people liked the tabs above to chat with clan/everybody/ and whisper.....but the worse part about the new chat is you can be typing and it will suddenly switch who you are typing to or it will just remove everything you typed and only type the last few letters and send it to somebody randomly

I can send you an example of the random sent messages if you want to see. 

Edited by spiritchaser28

Here's an example. I keep sending these random letters (and i mean just actual letters, not words) to xafael...a friend of mine that has not played in a while, but I will be typing a message to somebody else and suddenly the last letter will be sent to him....When this happens...the rest of the message to the intended recipient is gone....deleted

It's frustrating if you type  for 3 minutes to give a long reply to somebody....only to find that the last letter of the entire reply was sent elsewhere, and the original reply is gone

298610_20201021052333_1.png

Edited by spiritchaser28
  • Like 1

Yeah, I was going to add my list of errors to a bug report too... Along with everything Spirit said, it is also really annoying to have to scroll through the whole friend list to find the one that messaged you. Can we move the recent conversations to the top? And if I whisper to someone, on the main page, I get a red dot notification about them whispering back, even if I obviously saw it (since I responded). If you have the message window open like Spirit's screenshot, it switches between friends randomly, whether you are trying to type or just trying to read the messages ?. Typing /w still auto-populates the name of the last person you whispered to, even though that is what /r is for, so /w should stay blank so you can easily type a new person's username. We have no idea if people heard us because although we can still see their avatar, the local chat distance is super unknown. I am constantly asking "did you see that message?" now. I really miss having a /g or a /c tab, like Spirit said. It was usually very convenient for full conversations, unless you forgot which tab you were using ?. The chat instructions are also annoying that they keep displaying over and over. I wish there was a "don't show again" button.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Also wanted to add this question. Is it possible to add a feature during the loading screen where if you press "esc" it can take you back to the main menu? Sometimes if the game takes too long to load the screen will freeze or the game becomes unresponsive. Adding this would help me from closing the game entirely with task manager.

• Upvote 1